Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

is the ignition distribitur the same for 1.6 civic models?

Old 05-28-2019, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default is the ignition distribitur the same for 1.6 civic models?

hello, i have 1996 civic ek4 vti, i am searching for the distribitur on the photo, will the other 1.6, 1.5 models also fit to my ek4 ?

what could couse this problem, car has blown two ignition coils in one year and three moduls in one year, last year first the ignition coil died, then after two weeks the modul died and we replaced with aftermarket, after 9 months the modul died again and we replaced it with aftermarket, then after one month the coil died again and we replaced it again, but then after two weeks or less the modul died again, we never replaced the distribitur, only modul or coil, car has different ecu and was chiptunned
Old 05-28-2019, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: is the ignition distribitur the same for 1.6 civic models?

There is supposed to be a black plastic insulator under the rotor covering up the sensors in the lower part of the distributor. Do not run without it, sparks will jump down to the low voltage parts and kill them.

If you keep blowing coils and modules you might also have a bad spark wire. The coil especially does not like to fire into an open circuit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: