Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

if i bought these seats... where do i do for a seatbelt buckle?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default if i bought these seats... where do i do for a seatbelt buckle?

if i was to buy these seats or similar seats, what do i do for a seatbelt buckle?

do i reuse my stock one? do i just bolt it onto this seat?
Old 02-06-2005, 03:50 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: if i bought these seats... where do i do for a seatbelt buckle? (jbell)

Don't you have to bolt those seats to your stock rails and aren't the seat belt buckles on the rails? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: if i bought these seats... where do i do for a seatbelt buckle? (litterbox)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by litterbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't you have to bolt those seats to your stock rails and aren't the seat belt buckles on the rails? Correct me if I'm wrong.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i honestly don't know. lol.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: if i bought these seats... where do i do for a seatbelt buckle? (litterbox)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by litterbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't you have to bolt those seats to your stock rails and aren't the seat belt buckles on the rails? Correct me if I'm wrong.</TD></TR></TABLE>

that, OR use a 4 or 5 point harness
Old 02-06-2005, 03:53 PM
As long as I dont have to take out any more Metal Gears

Default Re: if i bought these seats... where do i do for a seatbelt buckle? (jbell)

the seat brackets that u have to buy "should" come with mounts for an aftermarket seat like that
Old 02-06-2005, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: if i bought these seats... where do i do for a seatbelt buckle? (rukawa1one)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rukawa1one &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the seat brackets that u have to buy "should" come with mounts for an aftermarket seat like that </TD></TR></TABLE>

wtf does that say?
Old 02-06-2005, 04:04 PM

where did you buy the seats?
did you buy any rails/sliders?

there is always a way to get seats to fit, whether it be modifying the stock brackets or drilling new holes...

also, i have no ****** idea what rukawa1one is trying to say
Old 02-06-2005, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: if i bought these seats... where do i do for a seatbelt buckle? (rhdSiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rhdSiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">where did you buy the seats?
did you buy any rails/sliders?

there is always a way to get seats to fit, whether it be modifying the stock brackets or drilling new holes...

also, i have no ****** idea what rukawa1one is trying to say</TD></TR></TABLE>

i didn't buy them yet. they come as pictured.
i assume i can fab the del sol brackets onto them, and reuse the stock buckle?
Old 02-06-2005, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

or get ur self 88-91 seet belts b/c they bolt on the frame not the seet..
Old 02-06-2005, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You don't just buy sliders, you have to buy an actual seat mount or bracket. There's an a L bend thats welded to the bracket, with a hole it in. You mount your stock seat belt anchor to that hole.

Old 02-06-2005, 04:16 PM

it looks like those seats come with sliders, so all u need is the floor bracket specific to your vehicle. U can get sparco bracket, they will work. Or u can get some no name brand on ebay or something.
Old 02-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: if i bought these seats... where do i do for a seatbelt buckle? (rodrez.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rodrez. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You don't just buy sliders, you have to buy an actual seat mount or bracket. There's an a L bend thats welded to the bracket, with a hole it in. You mount your stock seat belt anchor to that hole. </TD></TR></TABLE>

so.. what your saying is... i can't purchase these:
http://www.streetimports.com/p...d=368

and use part of my stock del sol seats to make them work?
Old 02-06-2005, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jbell &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

so.. what your saying is... i can't purchase these:
http://www.streetimports.com/p...d=368

and use part of my stock del sol seats to make them work? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't know how that company sells their seats, but with most name brand seats, you need sliders if you want the seat to move back and forth, and you need a base plate to mount the sliders to, so you can bolt it to the car.

Here's my Sparco prototype bracket. The sliders mounted to this piece

It's hard to see in this pic, but at the bottom, there's an L bracket that holds the stock seat belt anchor.
Old 02-06-2005, 04:26 PM

From the pic u gave us, the seat had the sliders already bolted on. U need these now to bolt onto the sliders and onto the floor. see the bracket for the seatbelt as well? This is from ebay. search under "civic seat bracket"
Old 02-06-2005, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: if i bought these seats... where do i do for a seatbelt buckle? (rukawa1one)

thats grand, cept i have a del sol.
Old 02-06-2005, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jbell &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats grand, cept i have a del sol. </TD></TR></TABLE>

The actual bracket is different, but you'd search the same way for Del Sol brackets. They'll look exactly like the ones pictured above, but the floor mount holes will be a little different for a Del Sol.
Or if you want to purchase a quality seat bracket, you can look toward Sparco, Reacaro, OMP, etc.
Old 02-06-2005, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: if i bought these seats... where do i do for a seatbelt buckle? (rhdSiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rhdSiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that, OR use a 4 or 5 point harness</TD></TR></TABLE>
incredibly unsafe on the street in a car without a cage.
Old 02-06-2005, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: if i bought these seats... where do i do for a seatbelt buckle? (rodrez.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kamin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">incredibly unsafe on the street in a car without a cage. </TD></TR></TABLE>

lets not turn this thread into one of those arguments.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rodrez. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The actual bracket is different, but you'd search the same way for Del Sol brackets. They'll look exactly like the ones pictured above, but the floor mount holes will be a little different for a Del Sol.
Or if you want to purchase a quality seat bracket, you can look toward Sparco, Reacaro, OMP, etc.</TD></TR></TABLE>

can i hack up my stock parts instead, ebay has nothing for the sol
Old 02-06-2005, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jbell &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lets not turn this thread into one of those arguments.

can i hack up my stock parts instead, ebay has nothing for the sol</TD></TR></TABLE>

I bet you can rig something up. I personally would never risk it, but I'm sure it's been done before.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jbell &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lets not turn this thread into one of those arguments.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
its not an argument, its a fact. im just stating the fact so you are completley informed.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:11 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FROM THE WEBSITE. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Application:
The seats are designed to fit most cars.
They come with universal sliders for easy installation
- Fits 95% of all vehicles
</TD></TR></TABLE>

doesnt that mean it has waht u need to be able to bolt it downa dn have it function right? then just bolt the seatbelt to one of the bolts used to bolt it to the floor if it doesnt have a space to bult it to