Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Identifing LSD!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Identifing LSD!!

I recently bought a b16. The tranny that was with it was told to me to be a Jdm Sir 2 tranny with an Lsd. All labels that would identify the tranny have been removed. Is there any other way to determine if i have an lsd and/or what tranny i actually have w/o cracking the case of the tranny?? I know on RWD cars you can mark the tire and drivshaft and count the turns of each to get a certain ratio!! Any help would be great!
Old 08-01-2006, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lift the front of the car and turn one wheel and if the other wheel turns in the same direction you have lsd.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:24 PM

Default Re: (o5mar1)

make sure it is in gear as well.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Identifing LSD!! (QuickDxEk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by QuickDxEk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I recently bought a b16. The tranny that was with it was told to me to be a Jdm Sir 2 tranny with an Lsd. All labels that would identify the tranny have been removed. Is there any other way to determine if i have an lsd and/or what tranny i actually have w/o cracking the case of the tranny?? I know on RWD cars you can mark the tire and drivshaft and count the turns of each to get a certain ratio!! Any help would be great!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dun even know how to tell if u have LSD or not, but it says it on the tranny on hondas, I do know that.....it just says "LSD"

I know my old benz had LSD in the rear..I don't even get the whole LSD think, I'm used to "regular differntials" versus "half differntials" versus "posi traction" or "open" versus "closed" I don't really udnerstand the whole LSD thing..from what I get it's = power till one wheel spins faster then it distributes more power to the opposite wheel..but then what happens if it's an AWD drive train? Does it go to the opposite back/front and side/side or does it just transfer from side/side...

Not used to & don't get these FWD cars ;(

LoL, go posi rears
Old 08-01-2006, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (o5mar1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by o5mar1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lift the front of the car and turn one wheel and if the other wheel turns in the same direction you have lsd.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh, ha, my probe turned opposite way when I did that, and I knew it didn't have LSD, guess that works...thx O.o
Old 08-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Is the tranny on the car already?

Old 08-01-2006, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is the tranny on the car already?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's great bro

Here, lemme quote something..

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by QuickDxEk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is there any other way to determine if i have an lsd and/or what tranny i actually have w/o cracking the case of the tranny??</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 08-01-2006, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The tranny is not in the car yet!! Judging by the picture the Syndacate posted, I doo in deed have an LSD!! Thats bad ***!! Thanks for your help guys!!
Old 08-01-2006, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (QuickDxEk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That's great bro

Here, lemme quote something..

</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes indeed but he said he didn't want to crack the case open looking through hole doesn't mean crack it open