Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

IAT Trouble ? ? >.<

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 IAT Trouble ? ? >.<

ok so I searched and got so many differen't things I tried, and now I'm going to ask you guys what you think..

I have a poor man R set up gsr bottom block with a b16 head
OBD2 To OBD1 harness cut ( i didn't do this )

I had a pos walmart intake on the car when I got it.. so I switched to a CTR stock intake I got for cheap the Iat plug was located under the intake like most cars, but when I installed the CTR stock intake there is no hole? so i read under more searches and saw that the IAT was on a intake runner? felt around and don't seem to feel it? (unless im just not feeling right.) Looked on stock honda EM1 diagrams and notice the IAT is located on the intake.. so I'm wondering is the CTR differen't from the EM1 intake? I was told they are exact.

It's weird because, the harness reaches right where the intake arm is. so now everyday when my car is cold when I start it up it turn right off. I got to keep starting it up maybe 7 - 8 times just to get the car to idle like SHI* then when it warms up it runs laggy and I have raw fuel coming out the Tail Pipe? im running rich, so i'm thinking the IAT is making the fuel injectors to stay open longer? reading cold? I don't know lol

here is the EM1 Diagram to show u guys what i'm seeing.. if anyone can get me the CTR diagram that would be great, sorry this is kinda a noob question but it's starting to **** even me off.

ALSO DOES IT SAY TO RUN IT IN THE TUBE ON NUMBER 30? I CAN'T TELL??

Last edited by Whytey; 12-23-2008 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:46 PM
Resident Gearhead

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: IAT Trouble ? ? >.<

J*sus Christ I had no idea the B16A2's breather assembly had sooo many components.

Pretty sure #23 (IAT) and #1 (grommet) fit directly into the breather hose.

I am fairly certain that both the B16B and the B18C R have the IAT mounted on one of the intake runners.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

there is no hole for the plug in.. should I just make one? i'm useing a pr-3 head so where is the IAT on the runners at? that sun of beach hard to find

breather hose as in number 30? cus the sensor is pretty small the the breather is big haha
Old 12-22-2008, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this is sad all this crap over a IAT lmao
Old 12-23-2008, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok so my pr3-2 head probably has the IAT on a runner.. i'm just not seeing it? I don't know some one chime in

I'm about to just make a hole in the CTR stock intake and plug it in.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:28 AM
Resident Gearhead

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Both the B16B and the B18C-R have the IAT sensor located on the intake runner for cylinder #2. It's very near where the throttle cable bracket is on the plenum.

So if you are using the B16A2 intake manifold, it won't be there. The B16A2 has it's IAT monted to the breather hose, #10 in the picture you posted. It is not mounted to the #30 hose.

Exactly which intake maifold are you using?