Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

IACV valve 2 pin change and pins on computer change HELPPPPPPP PLZZZZZ..

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IACV valve 2 pin change and pins on computer change HELPPPPPPP PLZZZZZ..

whats up peeps... So i got a manual manifold for my y8 and did the 2 pin wire change on iacv, also did the pin change on the computer... But my problem is my idel got a bit better but is still a bit jumping and now the car is hesitating on the low rpm making my car jump... Any help plzzz
Old 02-21-2011, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: IACV valve 2 pin change and pins on computer change HELPPPPPPP PLZZZZZ..

Originally Posted by javifunksEK
whats up peeps... So i got a manual manifold for my y8 and did the 2 pin wire change on iacv, also did the pin change on the computer... But my problem is my idel got a bit better but is still a bit jumping and now the car is hesitating on the low rpm making my car jump... Any help plzzz
clean the valve? I mean you could try the IACV valve test by plugging the hole with your finger and if it stabilizes, then you know it's the IACV valve.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: IACV valve 2 pin change and pins on computer change HELPPPPPPP PLZZZZZ..

ima do that cus i bought it off some guy i dont know how dirty it is.. Buttttt if is dirty will it hesitate the car as in making it jump on low idel..
Old 02-21-2011, 11:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ima do that cus i bought it off some guy i dont know how dirty it is.. Buttttt if is dirty will it hesitate the car as in making it jump on low idel..
when you think you're done cleaning it, try to manually actuate the valve with your finger and either listen to it or see if you feel resistance. In the case of my valve for the D16y7 engine (different from yours), I noticed a grinding sound like that of sand and so I kept wiping it clean until I couldn't hear the grinding sound any more. That valve needs to make a good seal otherwise it won't be able to regulate air properly, therefore I don't want it wearing itself away.

FYI technically these valves are meant to be replaced, not cleaned but I'm of the type that likes to fix stuff instead of throwing it away as are most people.. but at the dealership, they just throw it away.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ima go do it now let me c what happens ill let u know...
Old 02-22-2011, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i just took it off and clean it ill let u know how it goes...
Old 02-22-2011, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

it work fine the idel got much better but if i hold the gas around 1700 to 2000 it jumps like bump bump bump slowly...
Old 02-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it work fine the idel got much better but if i hold the gas around 1700 to 2000 it jumps like bump bump bump slowly...
clean the throttle body including the little ports for the idle screw? I'm not really sure what you're describing but it's possible this issue you have is unrelated... How did the car perform prior to this swap?
Old 02-22-2011, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the car was auto and i made it manual all legit parts from honda... The only thing the was left was to change the manifold to a manual manifold which i did and i had to do a two wire change on the iacv valve and change some pins on the computer which i did everything came out perfect... What i forgot to mention was that the car had no gas and in the shed of the house i had a lil tank half of gallon with gas put it in came to find out it had water so now after i put the gas and did all the work to the car is giving me the problem.. it hesitates between 1500 to 2000 only in the range.....
Old 02-22-2011, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the car was auto and i made it manual all legit parts from honda... The only thing the was left was to change the manifold to a manual manifold which i did and i had to do a two wire change on the iacv valve and change some pins on the computer which i did everything came out perfect... What i forgot to mention was that the car had no gas and in the shed of the house i had a lil tank half of gallon with gas put it in came to find out it had water so now after i put the gas and did all the work to the car is giving me the problem.. it hesitates between 1500 to 2000 only in the range.....
ok.... So you should either run the car until there is no more water in the tank or you could try what some supposed mechanics online have said which is to empty the fuel lines so to make sure there is nothing in the tank or before the fuel filter like water. Some people have said water wont pass through the fuel filter but I'm skeptical of that. Anyway maybe you'd be best off running the car dry and put fresh gas in it.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i just fill it up ima drive it till i burns it out but damn what a relief with that whole rpm jumping now that i got this done....
Old 02-22-2011, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i just fill it up ima drive it till i burns it out but damn what a relief with that whole rpm jumping now that i got this done....
If it's still not good by the end of the tank, maybe you should drain the tank and fuel lines to make sure you don't have any water in there, assuming you really do think you put water into your tank.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

isnt there a fuel additive that you can put in the take to help remove the water.... heat i think it is.... walmart and places of that liek should have it
Old 02-22-2011, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by vartok
isnt there a fuel additive that you can put in the take to help remove the water.... heat i think it is.... walmart and places of that liek should have it
yeah I think there is, never tried it though, I think it's called "Dry Gas". Though:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_gas