Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Iacv Probs

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iacv Probs

Hello, New to the forum here, but I have search what Iacv threads I could find, and tried pretty much everything that was mentioned. Yep, its another idle problem

It is a 94 Del Sol, converted to Manual. Nothing much on it yet, just an intake, and exhaust so far.. School is expensive

Anyway...
Problem is just like every other thread, When I start the car, it revs up , then makes a sudden drop to about 900, then revs up and drops, revs up and drops. It is extremely annoying. Once it COMPLETELY warms up (Not starts to Warm up) it slowly starts to work its little hissy fit out, dropping slowly to 1000, then to 900 where it sits for another min or 2, then settles at 750-800 or so. Here is the kicker... You think its ok at that point, BUT you start driving around, and stop at say a light, and it starts to do it again, just not as bad... Revs from 800-1000 or so. This will last a few mins, then drop to 750-900. I have messed around so damn much with this crap that it is driving me freaking insane. HELP ME PLEASE, before I fire bomb my del sol

One more thing, I remember a post mentioning using your finger/thumb to plug up either the bottom or top hole just inside the Iacv. Well when I plugged up the bottom one, it idles perfectly. I have checked Vac line, hell everything I have found about this, so I wont name em all LOL. Also, the engine is super sluggish too. It isn't a B16 or anything special like that... YET , fact is I just got it from my cousin, and it has a freaking D15B7 in it /cry. Oh well, when I can afford it (Damn School) I will give her a new engine Now I know your thinking... Its a D15b7, of course its sluggish, but if you drove it, you would think something is wrong too It just does not have the get up, all thought not much get up, like it use too. Know what I mean? Arg anyway, as you can probably tell by my rambling, This problem has already pushed me pretty close to therapy.

HELP ME!
Old 02-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Iacv Probs (Aiieca)

sorry, i did not read, but this might help.

http://www.ef-honda.com/ben/Badidle.php

or

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1029481
Old 02-01-2007, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Iacv Probs (THC07)

THANK YOU!

Piece of Crap FITV..... All this time, and I fixed it in 5 mins