Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

iacv or hondata control module possible bad? please look!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iacv or hondata control module possible bad? car wont start!

ok i made another topic about this but basically the situation is my car wont start. it starts and stalls out after about 5 seconds. its an ls/vtec engine with a p28 hondata s200 chipped ecu. i cleaned the iacv out good and tested it by jumping it with the battery and it did make the clicking noise. Problem is when i try to start the car it just dies out. i tried starting it with the blue control box from hondata unplugged and it starts up fine and wont stall. it still has the same problem the car has always had since i had it swapped, the idle goes up and down over and over (between 1000 and 2000 rpm). so with hondata control box plugged in, car wont stay on, with it disconnected the car runs fine on limp mode. I tried datalogging and noticed theres a like 4 seconds pause between when the car starts and when i can actually read the sensors, and as soon as it gets the data from the sensors it dies out, as if its cutting the spark because no matter if im giving it gas or not it dies out.

There are no vacuum leaks (brake cleaner sprayed on everything, nothing leaking) so im a bit confused on the loping idle, could my iacv be bad even though it still clicks when i hook it up to the battery? Could my hondata blue control module be bad?HELP!!
Old 10-03-2007, 02:29 AM

bump
Old 10-03-2007, 06:14 AM

Default Re: (Lordofdark176)

Well, what I experienced..
after 1 whole day of iacv cleaning and exchanging with another car, looping idle still not solved. But mine did throw cel14..
Finally swapped the ecu, problem fix.
Could this be your problem? what ever it is with or without hondata you still actually have a problem... and the source could just be a bad ecu or wiring....
Old 10-03-2007, 11:20 AM

ok if i have everything plugged in, the car starts up, idles high (2500rpm) for about 2 seconds then dies. if i watch the blue box, the car starts up, and the red light flashes off and then on once. as soon as it flashes on after flashing off, the car dies and its as if the car is cutting spark because even if i give it gas it still dies out.

if i start it up with everything plugged in except the control module on hondata (blue box), the car wont stall, doesn't throw any codes, idles high (almost 3k sometimes), and loops like crazy. also wont rev past 4k because its on the backup tune on hondata because the control module is unplugged.

so my hypothesis thus far is that something is messed up in the iacv, car starts up, hondata sees a problem in the sensor (not throwing any codes though), cuts the spark to kill the engine because it thinks something serious is wrong.

anybody have any other input? dont want to start buying parts until i know exactly what the problem is.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:47 PM

Default Re: (Lordofdark176)

aight turned out that somehow the launch control rev limiter was set to 56rpm lol. problem fixed. idle still goes nuts though so im guessing its the iacv?