Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I will paypal you 20 doallrs if you help !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-11-2003, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I will paypal you 20 dollars if you help !!!!!!!!!!!!

I just finished reinstalling my tailights. I suck at electric stuff. They work fine, but now i have a major problem , that came out of nowhere. As soon as i got back in my car i noticed...
-my signals dont work
-my mileage counter froze at 104,045 and isnt moving at all
-all the needles on my instrument panel are at zero , i dont know how much gas i have , how fast im going, or the temparature.
-my clock is off and wont turn on

Can anyone please help, i will paypal you 20 bucks if you give me the right info which makes it all work again.

Oh and also , my hazards work , the signals blink when i have my hazards on , if that helps. Its a 95 civic ex coupe.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:14 PM

Default Re: I will paypal you 20 doallrs if you help !!!!!!!!!!!! (SRSNOS)

check your fuses?
Old 09-11-2003, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check all the fuses first..in the car and the engine bay..also check to see if you criss crossed the plugs on your tail lights

adaM
Old 09-11-2003, 09:17 PM

Default Re: I will paypal you 20 doallrs if you help !!!!!!!!!!!! (heiyu)

i say check the fuses too
Old 09-11-2003, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I will paypal you 20 doallrs if you help !!!!!!!!!!!! (daaznwhiteboi)

o when will we know when were getting our $20

adaM
Old 09-11-2003, 09:19 PM

Default Re: I will paypal you 20 doallrs if you help !!!!!!!!!!!! (STEALTHMODECOUPE)

"also check to see if you criss crossed the plugs on your tail lights"

hmm...... are you sure that has anything to do with messing up my entire gauge panel , cuz me and my freind did have to criss cross some wires on my tailights, but i doubt that could cause the damage.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SRSNOS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">"also check to see if you criss crossed the plugs on your tail lights"

hmm...... are you sure that has anything to do with messing up my entire gauge panel , cuz me and my freind did have to criss cross some wires on my tailights, but i doubt that could cause the damage.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you never know man..my secondary 02 sensor wires were rubbing together and that caused my car not to run and made the gauge cluster and interior lights go wackO..

adaM
Old 09-11-2003, 09:25 PM
CBR
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I will paypal you 20 dollars if you help !!!!!!!!!!!! (SRSNOS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SRSNOS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just finished reinstalling my tailights. I suck at electric stuff. They work fine, but now i have a major problem , that came out of nowhere. As soon as i got back in my car i noticed...
-my signals dont work
-my mileage counter froze at 104,045 and isnt moving at all
-all the needles on my instrument panel are at zero , i dont know how much gas i have , how fast im going, or the temparature.
-my clock is off and wont turn on

Can anyone please help, i will paypal you 20 bucks if you give me the right info which makes it all work again.

Oh and also , my hazards work , the signals blink when i have my hazards on , if that helps. Its a 95 civic ex coupe.</TD></TR></TABLE>

How about you un-doing whatever wiring you did in the tail-light area? Return all the wiring to normal, then check all your fuses: there's a fuse panel on left side of driver foot well, and then there's also the fuse panel under the hood in the engine bay area.

So, when do I get my $20?
Old 09-11-2003, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I will paypal you 20 dollars if you help !!!!!!!!!!!! (CBR)

what if they all got it right? do they all get $20?
Old 09-11-2003, 09:51 PM

Default Re: I will paypal you 20 dollars if you help !!!!!!!!!!!! (blackhatchy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackhatchy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what if they all got it right? do they all get $20?</TD></TR></TABLE>

im assuming the person who gets the $20 is the person who posted the right information FIRST
Old 09-11-2003, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I will paypal you 20 dollars if you help !!!!!!!!!!!! (Jawad)

damn, i was goimng to help, too
Old 09-11-2003, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if its not that you crisscrossed the wires then ...first take the taillights off again and make sure the wires are not contacting each other... if it is contacting....this most likely caused the fuse to pop which caused the cluster to stop working..... all the wiring is basically connected..... its no use changing the fuse if the wires are still crossed because the fuse will just pop again... you have to find out where the loose/exposed wire is and cover it up, it doesn't even have to be wires touching it self it could also be a positive wire contacting the body of the car because the car is grounded so it will also cause the fuse to pop....... if your cluster isn't working your reverse bulbs may not either...... it shares power/fuse........ hopefully this helps....... the same thing happened to me but w/ my headlights......

edit: after you finish fixing the wires check the fuses and replace them with the
appropriate fuse.... not only the one under the dash..... but the one under the hood right in front of the battery..... i believe theyre 10s or 15s i forget...
Old 09-11-2003, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDM1.8LSi)

I agree, if the fuse is blown, look to make sure the wiring isn't touching somewhere, or you'll end up blowing fuses over and over again.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:44 PM

Take it to a Honda certified tech. You can keep your 20 cause it'll cost you at least 50 a hour if they work on it. But i say crossed wires also.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:11 PM

Default Re: (BrotherGrim)

take out cluster, pull plugs, put back in.

they might of gotten lose somehow? don't ask, maybe it'll work and maybe i'll get 20 bux.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:26 PM
tangb2023

Default Re: (all stock)

what did u really do to the car.. just installing the taillights wont cause it.. did u had to reconnect the wires or was it just a plug in? very important: did u mess with anything in ur dash??? i might have an answer if u answer the questions.
Old 09-12-2003, 01:24 AM

All of that stuff doesn't work because you have a blown fuse. The instrument cluster, illumination, and marker lights all run off the same circuit and if that one 10A fuse under the column goes out, all of that goes with it. If when you replace it the fuse blows again, you probably have a short in wiring at the rear lights since that's the last place you worked on that one circuit.
Old 09-12-2003, 05:28 AM
New User

Default Re: (DexterThEG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DexterThEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> you probably have a short in wiring at the rear lights since that's the last place you worked on that one circuit.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 09-12-2003, 06:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DexterThEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All of that stuff doesn't work because you have a blown fuse. The instrument cluster, illumination, and marker lights all run off the same circuit and if that one 10A fuse under the column goes out, all of that goes with it. If when you replace it the fuse blows again, you probably have a short in wiring at the rear lights since that's the last place you worked on that one circuit.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 09-12-2003, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DexterThEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All of that stuff doesn't work because you have a blown fuse. The instrument cluster, illumination, and marker lights all run off the same circuit and if that one 10A fuse under the column goes out, all of that goes with it. If when you replace it the fuse blows again, you probably have a short in wiring at the rear lights since that's the last place you worked on that one circuit.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Damn this is the first time I have seen a smart newbie.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:03 AM

Default Re: (97itr86)

all these answers sound good to me, i think you might be out a couple hundred bucks for all the right answers!!!
Old 09-12-2003, 09:07 AM

i had the same problem with my car. did you disconnect your bulb harness? if so you have them put on backwards. undo them and switch them around. they all plug in right but they wont work right.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

check the plug/harness behind the instrument guage ! maybe when you installed the indiglo guages the plug/harness got loose.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

as you mentioned the lights are working fine, so its got to be related with the instrument guage.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:47 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SRSNOS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just finished reinstalling my tailights.</TD></TR></TABLE>

When you say "reinstalling," does this mean that you took them out for a second and then put them back in, or did you replace them with aftermarked taillights. If you replaced your stockers with aftermarked ****, then that would explain your problem (usually aftermarket decorative pieces don't work properly).

Now if you replaced aftermarket tails with stock ones then maybe someone screwed up the wiring.

I'd be willing to bet that you blew a fuse under the hood if your gauges aren't working right either. Let us know about that reinstalling thing...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I will paypal you 20 doallrs if you help !!!!!!!!!!!!