Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I want to get a body kit, but......

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to get a body kit, but......

I live in Abilene, Tx and the roads kind of suck(bumps/potholes) If i got a body kit, would you think airbags be a wise investment, and still race with them?

Old 01-18-2006, 08:44 PM

Default Re: I want to get a body kit, but...... (stripery2bk)

body kits are gay and aint worth it imo i rahter have a lip and sit low then a gay body kit and be slow!!! plus if u hit a bump with a lip no big deal but a kit ( you end up breaking it blaa blaa blaa)
Old 01-18-2006, 08:50 PM
R.I.P.

Default Re: I want to get a body kit, but...... (lshatch1.8)

id rather go lipless cause that **** will get knocked off just as easily
Old 01-18-2006, 08:57 PM

Default Re: I want to get a body kit, but...... (honda 3300)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by honda 3300 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">id rather go lipless cause that **** will get knocked off just as easily</TD></TR></TABLE>
what kind of install was your lip example?

in my experiences, when done right, the lip will not come off.

ill have to agree with lshatch.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:19 PM

Default Re: I want to get a body kit, but...... (Znypar)

here is the thing. poeple are gonna flame you for airbags and bodykits. but its your car, do whatever YOU want. its your car.

but i would suggest just to get a lip
Old 01-18-2006, 09:21 PM

Default Re: I want to get a body kit, but...... (97spooncivic)

If you want a body kit in conditions like that, get a lift kit. I'd go with the lips
Old 01-19-2006, 12:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I want to get a body kit, but...... (Cute EK)

lip
Old 01-19-2006, 01:18 AM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Default Re: I want to get a body kit, but...... (EKyUR*)

I would personally get a good quality lip, but then again.. It's not my car.

When I had my bodykit front bumper, it was fiberglass and my car was slammed. I would scrape occasionally, everything stayed in one place though.
Old 01-19-2006, 04:56 AM

Default Re: I want to get a body kit, but...... (JDM-EJ1)

i agreed with everyone else. just get a lip and call it a day
Old 01-19-2006, 05:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

kits are for show cars and ricers
Old 01-19-2006, 05:59 AM

Default Re: (WreckedTeggie)

i have a body kit, and turbo but its not for show, so does that make me a ricer?
Old 01-19-2006, 06:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: I want to get a body kit, but...... (97spooncivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stripery2bk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I live in Abilene, Tx and the roads kind of suck(bumps/potholes) If i got a body kit, would you think airbags be a wise investment, and still race with them?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

no, its not wise to race on air bags. that is really a show car mod only.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:46 AM

Default Re: I want to get a body kit, but...... (lshatch1.8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lshatch1.8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">body kits are gay and aint worth it imo i rahter have a lip and sit low then a gay body kit and be slow!!! plus if u hit a bump with a lip no big deal but a kit ( you end up breaking it blaa blaa blaa)</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, lips are WAYYYYYY cooler than bodykits. /scarcasm.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zeroice &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a body kit, and turbo but its not for show, so does that make me a ricer?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Funny. My car was the same way for awhile.

I just got tired of the bodykit and all of the headaches that came along with it. I'm now back to stock riding on steelies. Lips are for JDM ricer ******.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

do what you want, i will say this thought, my buddys integra, amazing looking, putts 2300 into having a kit on it, wrecks everything within a year, thats trying to be carefull with it to, now hes out 2300+price of making it look normal again. hmmm.... 2300+ another 1500 to make it look decent again=3800, cant you make a ls integra pretty fast for that chunk of cash???
Old 01-19-2006, 10:42 AM

Default Re: (EG93si)

2300 is a **** load of money for a body kit... i picked up used one for 200 and then to paint it depending on the place 200-1000 so even a new kit would be around 500 or less.... 1500 tops, if you put brackets on the kit you wont have any worries. The front of mine is scraped up but cant see it and its braced so i dont really worrk about it....
Old 01-19-2006, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: I want to get a body kit, but...... (stripery2bk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stripery2bk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I live in Abilene, Tx and the roads kind of suck(bumps/potholes) If i got a body kit, would you think airbags be a wise investment, and still race with them?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

no comment on bodykit but... airbags-racing no no

I wouldn't trust, a compresser to hold my car up at highspeeds
Old 01-19-2006, 10:48 AM

Default Re: I want to get a body kit, but...... (G2 Speed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by G2 Speed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no comment on bodykit but... airbags-racing no no

I wouldn't trust, a compresser to hold my car up at highspeeds</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree. I'd take that money you were going to put towards air bags into a really nice suspension setup. Get a set of coilovers and adjustable shocks/struts. That way you can raise the car up a bit because of the shitty roads for normal driving, and lower it and make everything super-stiff while at the track.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its up to you bro...if you want a body kit get one...you can see by the comments that 99.9% of HT memebers hate bodykits and only go the lips route...i mean keeps your car looking clean cut ..what more can you ask for...
Old 01-19-2006, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bmoua)

I personally don't like body kits on civics. They're simple cars, body kits often time make them look far too busy and they become an instant cop magnet. The only body kit I've ever liked was the buddy club ones, mostly because it resembled stock.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Everyones Hero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Lips are for JDM ricer ******.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Hehe, you're funny! God it's like a disease, JDM ricer ******? Cmon man, people like you complaining about it is more annoying than the hatch with the big holes cut out of his rear bumper that continuously tries to race me.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:14 PM

Default Re: (SovXietday)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SovXietday &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hehe, you're funny! God it's like a disease, JDM ricer ******? Cmon man, people like you complaining about it is more annoying than the hatch with the big holes cut out of his rear bumper that continuously tries to race me. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I was making a point that anyone that goes against the grain is called a ricer. Well, wouldn't spending ***-loads of money to buy parts so you can be "cool" just like everone else make you a ricer?

I think it's retarded that people with JDM front ends, Rotas, Si tails, CF hood, trunk, and some from of lip with the letter "R" in it has the nerve to call someone else a ricer.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:15 PM
Blue Sedan Crew

Default Re: I want to get a body kit, but...... (Everyones Hero)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Everyones Hero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Lips are for JDM ricer ******.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I must be a JDM ***** with my factory honda lip

Not everyone is jocking a MOOOGEN lip....
Old 01-19-2006, 12:28 PM

Personally its up to you. I have a kit and have no problems if on shitty roads. Just dont drop your car slammed down and go urethane instead of fiberglass.

As far as air bags..Its VERY hard to bag a civic..you have to use cylinders or Eazy Street makes some air shocks..cylinders is a SHITTY ride. I had them for close to a year and its not worth it. **** breaks and you have leaks. I didnt have a big problem with leaks but with fittings more so. If something goes wrong, its hard to fix on side of the road, etc. The compressors and air tank are way heavy esp if you plan on racing it.

Air suspension = booooo on a daily driver
Old 01-19-2006, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Everyones Hero)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Everyones Hero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was making a point that anyone that goes against the grain is called a ricer. Well, wouldn't spending ***-loads of money to buy parts so you can be "cool" just like everone else make you a ricer?

I think it's retarded that people with JDM front ends, Rotas, Si tails, CF hood, trunk, and some from of lip with the letter "R" in it has the nerve to call someone else a ricer.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Ok, point taken, internet thing is a bitch sometimes.

At the same time, I have a Mooooogen front lip... and it's CF too. Oh and I have Si tails on my 97, and will be rockin' da' rota's soon enough. Does that make me a ricer?

In all honesty I could care less what people think about my car, but I like it, even if it does look just like every other JDM ***** out there. Plus, I don't blame anyone for going with Si tails, 96-98 amber tails look like complete ***!
Old 01-19-2006, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (SovXietday)

I hate bodykits with a passion only because some of the dumbest people have them. That said, they don't all look bad. Lip kits just look good. They follow the form and shape of the car without trying to change it. People will jump off a bandwagon just as quick as they got on. Bodykits used to be cool. Now they suck. JDM is a phase for some, an obsession to others, and recognized by many. What started good has been perverted by knockoffs and stupidity.What happens is the majority of people throwing the "ricer" word around have already had their own "rice" phase and grew out of it. So they laugh at the ones just getting started or who are miguided(movies)

Just for the record, I had my phase too. My first Civic. Rotas and stickers. Projector lights. I've moved on, and guide those who I can in the right direction. I drive a EM1 now with Mugen MR5's. Does that make me a JDM *****? No. Why? Because I paid $300 for the wheels, I knew their value, and they're light.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (black_dohc)

</TD></TR></TABLE>

do whatever you wish to do! anything will work for you

btw.. my car is completely stock on the outside save for si wheels and a small exhaust tip peeking out...

SLEEPERS FTW!!!!

Quick Reply: I want to get a body kit, but......