Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

i used my imagination on this.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i used my imagination on this.....

if honda decide to makev a new hatchy using the same chassis an body of the 92-95 civicwith all good after market stuff u now.... type r engine with all good internals, good suspension coil overs such as tein and all the stuff that you all know... all that for 25000 dolars will you buy it

i know this tread sucks but i was kind of bored imagining such as those things,,, don`t hate please..
Old 11-04-2002, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: i used my imagination on this..... (schtozo)

for $25k??? probably not because i know i can build mine up for a fraction of that cost....
Old 11-04-2002, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i used my imagination on this..... (SpoonFedHatch)

yeah but you don`t get a 50000 miles warranty... and they let`s say that they do... and 100000 miles extended warranty for like 2000 additional bucks..
Old 11-04-2002, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i used my imagination on this..... (schtozo)

nope..not for 25 g's
Old 11-04-2002, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i used my imagination on this..... (SpoonFedHatch)

for $25k??? probably not because i know i can build mine up for a fraction of that cost....
what he said.

i am pretty sure knowledgeable, performance-minded honda enthusiasts would realize the lack of economy in this situation. however, for the typical lost soul at the new car lot who is looking for something to impress their friends with, it sounds like the deal of the century!
Old 11-04-2002, 11:27 AM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: i used my imagination on this..... (hanson said)

then why do people by Integra Type R's for 22grand or whatever, when they can buy a 94 LS for 4grand. That's 18 thousand leftover for 1500 suspension and wheels, 5 thousand into engine swap, 1 thousand into interior, and say 3 thousand on body parts and paint. It could be faster than the R for same amount of money, handle better, and possibly look better, but it's still not a factory R. I would rather have a race prepped car from the factory. No aftermarket coilovers or whatever, original Honda racing suspension. Brand spanking new car, warranty and everything. When people do swaps and such, they;re not using 100% new bolts, seals, or whatever.
Old 11-04-2002, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i used my imagination on this..... (Emerica)

all good points, emerica, and i agree with you on much of it. however, there are a few points i would like to adress:

1. buying an ITR (or even a CTR if your location allows you to do so) is a bit of a different situation. R owners seem to be a bit more on the perfectionist side, and i would be too, given the funds. purchasing an R would be a new car, not an 8-9 year old. it would also mean having a warranty, which wouldn't be had with a 94 ls. owning a R also means having a stiffer chassis as a base to build on. basically, R owners want the best integra(or civic) possible from the factory.

2. comparing an ITR to the suggested civic that started this post is not really equal, since it was a civic with aftermarket parts. however, your suggestion of honda-made "race suspension" and the like is an excellent idea, despite it's far-fetched possibility of existing in america (the population still regards hondas as economy vehicles, and it will take many big steps to change that).

all in all, it really boils down to what you want in a car, and how much you are willing to pay for it.

i love free will.
Old 11-06-2002, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

any other opinions on this???
Old 11-06-2002, 05:15 PM
Solbros Owns Me

all good points, emerica, and i agree with you on much of it. however, there are a few points i would like to adress:

1. buying an ITR (or even a CTR if your location allows you to do so) is a bit of a different situation. R owners seem to be a bit more on the perfectionist side, and i would be too, given the funds. purchasing an R would be a new car, not an 8-9 year old. it would also mean having a warranty, which wouldn't be had with a 94 ls. owning a R also means having a stiffer chassis as a base to build on. basically, R owners want the best integra(or civic) possible from the factory.

2. comparing an ITR to the suggested civic that started this post is not really equal, since it was a civic with aftermarket parts. however, your suggestion of honda-made "race suspension" and the like is an excellent idea, despite it's far-fetched possibility of existing in america (the population still regards hondas as economy vehicles, and it will take many big steps to change that).

all in all, it really boils down to what you want in a car, and how much you are willing to pay for it.

i love free will.
I see what you're saying. I was thinking that if they made this Civic, that it would be a brand new car in production, just the same body style. This would be everything Brand spanking new from the factory. When people opposed saying they could build one for cheaper, I say "Yes you can but it's not going to be the same"- as I continued to explain the differences in why people buy Type R's and not just a 94 LS and "build a Type R"
Old 11-06-2002, 05:23 PM

Default Re: i used my imagination on this..... (Emerica)

I would still go with the 92-95 civic because of insurance reasons. A civic with type r swap is faster than a type r but insurance is a fraction of the cost. Plus i like the satisfaction of knowing that i created something myself and knowing that honda didn't do all the work.
Old 11-06-2002, 05:35 PM
Don't Trust Anyone

Default Re: i used my imagination on this..... (fire7882)

Yes I would pay 25k for the "new car smell."
Old 11-06-2002, 06:00 PM

Default Re: i used my imagination on this..... (SpoonSportsEH2)

u have to understand though that most people who r buying these new cars dont have the 22k-25k in hand. its all on loans. so if they were to buy the 4k ls instead its not like they r magically gunna have this extra 18k sittin around. i know personally i cant get anymore than a 5k dollar personal loan. and also, as im sure alot of u know it, it takes a long time to piece together a car. from savin up money for this part or that part. in the long run yes u prob will have a faster, cheaper, and better handling car. but the person who bout the 22k one new had it a year or 2 b4 u finished yours. its just whatever floats your boat.
Old 11-06-2002, 06:05 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Default Re: i used my imagination on this..... (scotty9669)

it's not about the "new car smell"....it's about having something race prepped out of the factory. Why is the Type R so popular and well-loved: because it's race prepped from the factory.
Old 11-06-2002, 06:06 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: i used my imagination on this..... (scotty9669)

yeah i should know......... i got new interior from junkyard, new paint job, new motor setup(which if u guys helped, would run strong) and all this time i relied on my boys for transportation......... it wuz over 6 months......... please find my posts and help me out.........