Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

i think the lsd is the source to my axle problem....check it out

Old 03-10-2007, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i think the lsd is the source to my axle problem....check it out

i'm still fighting with this stupid axle......
i went and bought a new c clip(from honda)and i swear it feels like it seated but i think the opm lsd i have might be keeping me from that extra hair that i need to make it perfect......
here's my set-up:
92 civic cx hatchback
b16a(stock mounts
94 del sol tranny
92 integra halfshaft...
gsr hubs

i have been fighting with this for weeks now....and i've changed a few axles already ,no problems until now.....i've looked over my mounts for wear and the driver side has a very minor stress crack.....the 2 front mounts are both shot but all the other main mounts look good to me......everything was in perfect working order until the axle seal started to leak and thats wear my nightmare began.......i've got to fix this crap b/c it's bugging the hell out of me so help me out guys......

here's a link on ht with some pics of what i have..... http://www.hondamarketplace.co...00892

the last 2 pics are what im looking @ on the pass side of the trannny
my friend that i actually bought the car from works @ opm and he said that the blocks could've moved but he's never heard of it doing that before so ....i'm lost
Old 03-12-2007, 07:37 PM

Default Re: i think the lsd is the source to my axle problem....check it out (jcfreibert)

monday bump
Old 03-13-2007, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i think the lsd is the source to my axle problem....check it out (jcfreibert)

if you are going to use the 92 half shaft, you have to change the seal on the tranny to match..if not, then that is what's causing the leak....not your axel...half shaft
Old 03-13-2007, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: i think the lsd is the source to my axle problem....check it out (ek4_b16a)

I feel ya... I got a 93 CX hatch.. B16A with stock mounts.. Whenever I accelerate in third gear the car shakes a bit.. I don't know what this problem is I need to either replace my axle's (they are from a 94 gsr) So, I may look intyo buying some Hasport mounts to possibly fix the problem.. if not ... BLEH! I am in the same boat as you man.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Re: i think the lsd is the source to my axle problem....check it out (DoctorVtec)

my problem is on the pass side.....i bought a seal for a 94 del sol vtec(which is the tranny im using).....i even tried to seat the axle without the seal in....i kinda feels like its seated in the tranny....but it still keeps popping out ....
Old 03-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats weird.. I really need to fix my problem as well. The car is driveable, but you know just an annoyance that you would like fixed.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:30 PM

Default Re: i think the lsd is the source to my axle problem....check it out (DoctorVtec)

Yah Im having a similar problem with the drivers side axle. Its seems like the axel is a fraction too long. I cant drive it with out the wheel popping and the steering wheel jerking when I turn the wheel. I just got the car running and Im only able to drive it to the end of my drive way.

Is there a difference in length or build of the axle from non-lsd vs. lsd?
Old 03-14-2007, 02:16 PM

Default Re: i think the lsd is the source to my axle problem....check it out (killektiv)

not that im aware of.....
Old 03-20-2007, 08:08 PM

up