Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I think I'm going to get a visit from the car thief fairy

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I think I'm going to get a visit from the car thief fairy

THe last 2 nights I've been waken up by the sound of a car with an exhaust coming down the street between 5am & 6am. Friday night I get up and look out the window and there is a lowered Integra creeping down my street (I live in a quiet neighborhood so this is unusual) with his flashers on. He keeps driving past my house and stops in front of my neighbors house for a minute. My first instinct is to check on my car to make sure he didn't stop to wait on his buddy he dropped off. I look out the window and see my car if fine and the guy drives off slowly. This morning the same thing happens, except this time I get dressed and go outside with my 12ga anti-theft device, but the guy is already gone and there is no sign of anyone else around. Now I'm really nervous and think that they're casing my hatch waiting to strike. So this is a message to any thief waiting to steal my car, If you try to steal my car, you WILL regret it. But seriuosly, what do you guys think? Am I being paranoid?
Old 10-10-2004, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: I think I'm going to get a visit from the car thief fairy (hatchdrvr)

If that was happying to me i would be on the roof everynight with my friends nice 1500fps sniper pellet gun. I wouldnt want to kill them, just hurt them enough so i could get down and beat the **** out of them.

Next time you see the car come by make sure to write down the plate.

I would write the plate down and watch them, if anything happens to the car, look the plate up, go to his house, and put it on fire....... with him in it. Its only fair
Old 10-10-2004, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I think I'm going to get a visit from the car thief fairy (Luserkid)

You guys are funny as hell!!! But seriously that is a good idea write down his plates and if something happens tell the cops you saw that car drive slowly past your car twice at about the same time and they will investgate it that way. Unless you catch them then kick their *** all over your street, lol. Good luck hope nothing appens to your car.
Old 10-10-2004, 07:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I think I'm going to get a visit from the car thief fairy (Luserkid)

No I don't want to kill them, but if it came down to a situation of me or them, that wouldn't be a choice at all. I just want to have the pleasure of apprehending them and seeing them get what they deserve. I had a car broken into a few years back and they couldn't defeat the starter kill on my alarm so they just started stripping my car in the yard of my parents house. The amazing thing is that several of my friends saw 2 different cars with my front bumper and headlights on them and got lic plate numbers. I gave those numbers to the cops and they did NOTHING. I just need to hold on to my hatch for a few more months until I can sell it. I'm tired of being paranoid about whether or not the car behind me is following me, or whether every little noise I hear at night is someone trying to steal my car.
Old 10-10-2004, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

u can write down the plates, but unless u have ur own means the cops will not give u the address the plate belongs too. I tried to do that with someone who hit me a while back. i was going to go to his house and rip a new ******* in this dude. and im not that lil...lol good times beating thiefs ***.
Old 10-10-2004, 07:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It seems like there casing you. I would put my subs, and whatever else i could in the house at night. Then park as close as you can in the drive way, and block you car in.
Old 10-10-2004, 07:46 AM

Default Re: I think I'm going to get a visit from the car thief fairy (pane93civhb)

Iwould be just as noid as you. If the times are consistent, why don't you wake up early and wait for the fools. It'll suck for you if they don't show cus sleep is so grand, but it'll be worth it if they show. Here in Cincy you can look up plates on the net for the county, and if they have any traffic violations, their info is displayed to whomever wants to look. Check it out, just might be the difference between keeping the hatch or losing it.
Old 10-10-2004, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B16aDasher)

I have no subs...I have no interior except for dash front seats and door panels. I not worried about my car being stolen and long as they don't have a flat bed (I think I would be able to hear that) I have enough security features to leave a thief scratching his head, it's just the principle of the matter that I work my *** off to mod my car and some bastard just comes along and decides he wants it and tries to take it. Everyday on here I read a new post about cars stolen or broken into, it's so bad that I don't even want to mod my car anymore.
Old 10-10-2004, 07:51 AM

Default Re: I think I'm going to get a visit from the car thief fairy (ice11honda)

Sleep in your car with that anti theft device you had before.

Mike!
Old 10-10-2004, 07:51 AM

Default Re: (hatchdrvr)

why not just sleep in your car with your "anti-theft device" i would love to see his face when he opens the door and theres a shotgun in his face
Old 10-10-2004, 07:54 AM

Default Re: I think I'm going to get a visit from the car thief fairy (hatchdrvr)

I wish you were in my neighborhood, I hate thiefs, and I'm always down for cracking some heads. Get that punks plate and cherry pick
Honda-Tech Member

That's sounds like you got your bases covered. Some @$$H*l#$ got my system a few months back. believe me it does suck.
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I think I'm going to get a visit from the car thief fairy (ice11honda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ice11honda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Iwould be just as noid as you. If the times are consistent, why don't you wake up early and wait for the fools. It'll suck for you if they don't show cus sleep is so grand, but it'll be worth it if they show. Here in Cincy you can look up plates on the net for the county, and if they have any traffic violations, their info is displayed to whomever wants to look. Check it out, just might be the difference between keeping the hatch or losing it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The thing is that this fool's exhaust is so loud, even with him creeping down the street trying to be quiet, he wakes me up. The thing that makes me even more paranoid is that it has been raining here for the last two nights. Perfect weather for a car theif.
Old 10-10-2004, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (98-integra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98-integra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why not just sleep in your car with your "anti-theft device" i would love to see his face when he opens the door and theres a shotgun in his face </TD></TR></TABLE>

Believe me, it stays by my bed with 7 rounds of heavy dove load which will turn a mans mid section into jello, but not have the penetrating power to go through the neighbors house.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hollow pnt slugs in the shotty will make a ***** think twice about taking ya car man.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pane93civhb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pane93civhb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hollow pnt slugs in the shotty will make a ***** think twice about taking ya car man. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, but in a groggy state, and low light conditions, shot doesn't have to be aimed as accurately.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:41 AM

if you are really worried i would go to the store (i think wal-mart sells them) and get a wireless night vision color security camera one that you can hook up to you VCR im sure you can get one for about $50-$100 make sure it can see your car (driver side) and try to be able to see down the road the way this a$$hole been coming from
Old 10-10-2004, 09:06 AM
EK22snatch

Default Re: (98-integra)

yeah surveilance is a good idea, but the thing is that once your car is gone, it probably isnt going to be recovered in perfect condition. i dont think the guy wants to use the law to solve the problem, but more forceful techniques.

i cant say that i agree with your decision, but i do at least know where youre coming from.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:15 AM
overrated.

Default Re: (EK22snatch)

this is pretty ******* sad that we have to consider getting color night vision cameras to prevent our CIVICS from getting stolen. ******* thieves

This is one of the reasons i'm selling my own hatch, just cause i'm sick of having to look out the window at night, at a restaurant, at work, etc.. to make sure nobody is messing with my pride and joy of 2+ years.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:25 AM
Help we my pennies

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I wouldnt want to kill them, just hurt them enough so i could get down and beat the **** out of them. Its only fair </TD></TR></TABLE> beat them the fuc up!!<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98-integra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why not just sleep in your car with your "anti-theft device" i would love to see his face when he opens the door and theres a shotgun in his face </TD></TR></TABLE>damn str8
Old 10-10-2004, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I think I'm going to get a visit from the car thief fairy (BLUE EH3)

I have had 3 attempts on my car in the last 6 months. The first 2 were ameteurs and got scared of by my alarm setup. The 3rd ran off after kicking my car door is because they saw my light come on. There all different people. None were really casing my car. I mean they may have like once or twice before. But I mean its only a matter of time before someone rolls down your street one night and sees your pride and joy.

Make sure your driveway has atleast a motion sensitive flood light aimed behind and around your car. I have one now that lights up everything even peoples driveways across the steet. Once you walk *near* my house at night you get flooded by light. One of the best investments you can purchase at wal-mart for less than $100.00. Roaches hate the light, sames goes with car thieves. Why do you think majority of theft happens at night? Especially around a neighborhood because in the daytime you have alot of kids out and neighbors going about there business.

Plus (driveway patrol) inside your car is another great backup which they cant get around. (powered by 9 volt battery)
Old 10-10-2004, 10:13 AM

last year, when i still had my si, some group of fkers came around my block for a week..., set my alarm off like 3 times... tried to pop the hood..... now keep in mind i was dead asleep and i heard my alarm go off at like 3am... holy crap did i jump outta bed n let my dog out the door---WHILE in the midst of grabbing my paintball gun
well.. all in all i got my dog to scare them, while i got 1 in the back w/ my trusty shot.. around 100 ft out... got his *** real quick while calling the cops... nice lil beating to the testies w/ my gun. "oops" as i draged him back on my property.. .. then its somewaht legal i found out... cops came... fkin kids were 14
jeezus christ
then about 4 months later my si(aka Stolen Import) is well, stolen
Old 10-10-2004, 10:31 AM
Electrician

Anti-theft devices. Install some kill switches. Install a removable steering wheel. Keep your 12ga. armed and loaded.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dimi)

i went ot the junk yard the other day found a 99 civic si nothing left i was like WTF mate, well went and talked to the guy who owns the yard, seems some niskayuna kids stole it from a dealership while it was getting repairs, all done up blah blah blah, well after seeing that i invested in security, nothing that can kill someone, i have those motion lights and i used the wire that turns them on not only to turn that on but also a remote pinhole camera mounted right underneath the lights it sees all 3 cars in my driveway and it sees the street, add osme security to your car that will wake you up and your set, they come lights turn on if they dont run then the trigger alarm you wake up take out nice pellet gun and shoot the closet one they run you even have their faces and if possible license plate number those guys aint comin back around again or even better give the pics to the cops!
Old 10-10-2004, 11:00 AM
Help we my pennies

Default Re: (accident prone)

12ga not a good idea.. but paintball

Quick Reply: I think I'm going to get a visit from the car thief fairy