Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I resolve my SQUEAKING / WHINING noise.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I resolve my SQUEAKING / WHINING noise.

I had this problem for awhile and finally fixed the issue. Since doing a search on honda-tech I came across ALOT of people with the same issue. So, I am going to share my EXP hopeing it will help someone else.

PROBLEM

Whenever I release the clutch and engage my gas I would hear a loud squeaking/whining noise. This will definitly occur when I put it to reverse and use the clutch to reverse the vehicle. Also, after driving for awhile and stopping at a stop light, I would hear a whistle'n/semi-squeaking noise coming from the tranny area. If I step on the clutch, the noise goes away. After awhile the little whislting and squeaking would come back. I have to step on the clutch again to get rid of it again. This went on for a long time.

Solution

I decided to take my car to my dad's shop to work on it. It was a saturday and I had nothing to do in the morning. My old man's shop was open so it was a good time. I took down the tranny and took apart the clutch and it revealed a completely destroyed clutch. The clutch was so bad that is messed up the FLYWHEEL. The whining/squeaking noise was from the METAL of the clutch scraping the flywheel. Alot of people suggested the "THROWOUT BEARING" is going out. It was confirmed by a master mechanic (my dad) that the throwout bearing was in good condition.

Let me tell you. If you're planning on taking on a task of changing your clutch, make sure you have a pro next to you for assistance and power tool. It took my 4 goddamn hours to do all that. I did everythign by myself and using airgun and all kind of power tool.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I resolve my SQUEAKING / WHINING noise. (Nameless Warrior)

PROPS to you!