Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I posted awhile back here, and now I'm back I'm planning on getting my civic

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I posted awhile back here, and now I'm back I'm planning on getting my civic

in december, could some one explain pros and cons over standard and automatic...... THank you
Old 08-26-2004, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I posted awhile back here, and now I'm back I'm planning on getting my civic (ngusquad)

can i use that and quote you in my sig?
Old 08-26-2004, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I posted awhile back here, and now I'm back I'm planning on getting my civic (ngusquad)

In my opinion...

Standard (Manual).. I hear that it's just a bit faster than Automatic, and people claim it's funner to drive. I prefer Automatic though because there are other things I'd rather have to pay attention to... I dunno.. Like the guy who just cut me off.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:34 AM

Default Re: I posted awhile back here, and now I'm back I'm planning on getting my civic (Paprika)

k, so All I will lose... is a bit of power.. can anyone go futher in depth...
Old 08-26-2004, 09:34 AM
GDD4LIFE

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ngusquad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">in december, could some one explain pros and cons over standard and automatic...... THank you</TD></TR></TABLE>

the pros and cons are obvious
better gas mileage with manual (if you drive it right)
learning to drive
more fun with manual
rush hour sucks with manual
Old 08-26-2004, 09:35 AM

Default Re: I posted awhile back here, and now I'm back I'm planning on getting my civic (phthalo)

I geuss all go with automatic....... How much performance will I lose.....
Old 08-26-2004, 09:38 AM
GDD4LIFE

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ngusquad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I geuss all go with automatic....... How much performance will I lose.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

hey DemostheneZ you should use that quote

you won't see much performance in a civic anyways so i don't think you'll have to worry about that...what kind of civic are you getting.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:41 AM

Default Re: I posted awhile back here, and now I'm back I'm planning on getting my civic (phthalo)

what are you planning on doing with the car later?
Old 08-26-2004, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

honestly it doesn't matter, it's all on preference. i have an auto, but i want a manual, i like to control my car, what i don't like about my auto, is that i can't shift into the gears i desire, you always lose hp through your tranny

with manuals you lose 15% of yer hp through the tranny

with autos you lose 20%
Old 08-26-2004, 09:45 AM

Default Re: I posted awhile back here, and now I'm back I'm planning on getting my civic (DemostheneZ)

I have no clue, around 1996-2000, I still have some time to decied... What does it matter what i'm planning to do with it???, just wondering, I was planning on doing an engine swap... b16 or b18. Not sure
Old 08-26-2004, 02:28 PM
Only posers die, im next

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ngusquad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have no clue, around 1996-2000, I still have some time to decied... What does it matter what i'm planning to do with it???, just wondering, I was planning on doing an engine swap... b16 or b18. Not sure</TD></TR></TABLE>

if your planning a swap or a turbo for the car, i would sya go with a stick, because i think you will be dissapointed with an auto and a swap... hell i would.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:07 PM

Default Re: I posted awhile back here, and now I'm back I'm planning on getting my civic (nacho)

Civic engines are low on torque, automatics like torque, therefore you lose a lot with the auto. With the manual the lack of torque makes it more fun to drive because you get to exploit the upper revs more. Engines with lots of torque make fast cars that are boring to drive. The A/C slows my car down so much I drive seldom use it, I can't even imagine how slow it would be if it was an auto and I drove with the A/C on. Go manual.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:19 PM

Default Re: I posted awhile back here, and now I'm back I'm planning on getting my civic (94CoupeEJ1)

screw automatic, manual or nothing. ill never buy an automatic car in my lifetime. manual is faster, more control, overall makes a more enjoyable drive so go manual.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:31 PM

Default Re: I posted awhile back here, and now I'm back I'm planning on getting my civic (gobblebox59)

if u plan to do any B series swap....... do NOT go with automatic.... BORING.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:34 PM

Default Re: I posted awhile back here, and now I'm back I'm planning on getting my civic (gobblebox59)

dude,you sound lost.if you want performance go with manual.if you wanna put 20's and airbags and drive around trown with the music bumpin' get an automatic.If you get a swap and auto tranny,it would be the biggest waste ever,cuz the maine point would be to have a "performance car".automatic is just not fun to drive.
Old 08-26-2004, 06:59 PM

Default Re: I posted awhile back here, and now I'm back I'm planning on getting my civic (dabig1)

Well After some thought, I decieded auto, then when i got back from a blue jays game....... I read the next replys.... and now i'm back with manual lol......

Thanks for all your help guys, maybe some girls?
Old 08-26-2004, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dude, go with the manual. do it for the challenge.....the ladies love that.

seriously, manual just gives you more feel and control over how the car needs to be driven.

Manual. Manual. Manual. Go Manual.