Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I need your help with my Si

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need your help with my Si

I just bought a 99 Si last week and i'm having a weird problem with the headlights, When i turn on the car the parking lights will be on and if i shut off the car it will stay on until i shut off the lights, i have never heard of anything like this and any help that i could get would help Thanks Brian

P.S. if i turn on the light with out the key it will also start beeping like the key was turned to the on postion.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:00 PM

so let me get this straight.... your turning the parking lights on... and then not turning them off once you leave the car..... because you have to turn them to off again.... and the beeping noise is to remind you that you left the lights on.... that is if im reading what your saying correctly
Old 02-23-2005, 09:01 PM

Default Re: (jethawk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jethawk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so let me get this straight.... your turning the parking lights on... and then not turning them off once you leave the car..... because you have to turn them to off again.... and the beeping noise is to remind you that you left the lights on.... that is if im reading what your saying correctly</TD></TR></TABLE>

^^^ agreed. theres nothing wrong with the car if it deos that. its normal. just to remind you ur lights are on.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:14 PM

Default Re: (eK9aT10pSi)

i'm sorry the parking lights are coming on automaticly when i turn the car on

if i turn the car off and the lights are switched on then the car will stay on until i turn the lights off

and the beeping is when the lights are switched on and key does not have to be in and it beeps like when you first turn it on
Old 02-23-2005, 10:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (upi95civic)

Sounds normal to me.

"I'm Ron...Burgundy?"
Old 02-24-2005, 06:46 AM

Default Re: (Quiks66)

So its normal for the car to stay running if the lights are on and after i remove the key cause that does nopt sound normal to me
Old 02-24-2005, 06:52 AM

it's completely normal!!

when you turn on your car, the daytime running lights turn on and yea the beeping noise just to remind you to turn the light off before you leave the car. yes it should do that even if the key isn't in your ignition. you wouldn't want to come back to your car someday finding out that your battery is drained because you left on the lights would you? haha your don't have to worry, your car is completely fine! it's the same as my civic.

*edit* never mind, i read your post more carefully and actually that isn't normal. so your engine is still running even when you take out the key? yea you should hurry up and get that check by your dealer!!!
Old 02-24-2005, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Speed_69)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Speed_69 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
*edit* never mind, i read your post more carefully and actually that isn't normal. so your engine is still running even when you take out the key? yea you should hurry up and get that check by your dealer!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

aftermarket radio?

Modified by MassScene at 11:20 AM 2/24/2005
Old 02-24-2005, 07:16 AM
All Motor Mentor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (MassScene)

Your signiature says "b16 turbo" in it. does your car have a turbo? If so, do you have a turbo timer in the car? If not it sounds like it has a remote start in it or something.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:00 AM

Default Re: (00Red_SiR)

nope no turbo that was on my last car
Old 02-24-2005, 12:38 PM

Default Re: I need your help with my Si (upi95civic)

HELP
Old 02-24-2005, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Way too confusing...

#1. When you start the car, the parking lights come on by themselves? Y/N

#2. When you turn off the ignition the engine keeps running until the lights are turned off? How do you "turn them off" if they haven't been turned on with the switch? (see #1 above)

Please clarify.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:50 PM

.... how is your car "on"? Is the engine still running after you take the key out? or does the engine stop running but it makes the most annoying sound in the world BUT the engine is off? IF your engine is NOT running and your car makes the most annoying sound in the world then its normal, BUT if when you take the key out and your engine is still running and you need to turn your lights off to turn off the engine then you got problems.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:54 PM
KSE

i do believe in spooks..i do i do i do
Old 02-24-2005, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by upi95civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'm sorry the parking lights are coming on automaticly when i turn the car on

if i turn the car off and the lights are switched on then the car will stay on until i turn the lights off

and the beeping is when the lights are switched on and key does not have to be in and it beeps like when you first turn it on</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think it has been stolen. Whoever fixed the steering column fucked up the wiring.

Mine was stolen about a month ago and whoever fixed it messed up the wiring in the steering column.

Mine has a similar problem, not quite as bad, but more annoying. The intermittent wiper setting won't engage unless the lights (parking or head lamps) are turned on. And the beeping noise (5 beeps) sounds whenever i turn on the lights.

Wiring with lights and ignition is f-ed up, you need to fix it yourself or take it to a proper technician.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:44 PM

Default Re: I need your help with my Si (Perfectionist)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Perfectionist &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Way too confusing...

#1. When you start the car, the parking lights come on by themselves? Y/N

#2. When you turn off the ignition the engine keeps running until the lights are turned off? How do you "turn them off" if they haven't been turned on with the switch? (see #1 above)

Please clarify.</TD></TR></TABLE>

#1 Yes

#2 i turn on the headlights to drive at night or what ever and the car still stays on
Old 02-24-2005, 10:46 PM

Default Re: I need your help with my Si (L33T)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by L33T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">.... how is your car "on"? Is the engine still running after you take the key out? or does the engine stop running but it makes the most annoying sound in the world BUT the engine is off? IF your engine is NOT running and your car makes the most annoying sound in the world then its normal, BUT if when you take the key out and your engine is still running and you need to turn your lights off to turn off the engine then you got problems.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The engine is still running
Old 02-24-2005, 11:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by upi95civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">#2 i turn on the headlights to drive at night or what ever and the car still stays on</TD></TR></TABLE>

Isn't the car suppose to be when you're driving?

If you think you're car's messed up why don't you go get it checked out?
Old 02-24-2005, 11:21 PM

Default Re: I need your help with my Si (saxqtzk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by saxqtzk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
If you think you're car's messed up why don't you go get it checked out?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm going tomorrow i just wanted to see what you guys thought first
Old 02-25-2005, 03:00 AM

Definitely messed up wiring. For sure have someone check all of that out..
Old 02-25-2005, 08:53 PM

Default Re: I need your help with my Si (ccivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ccivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Definitely messed up wiring. For sure have someone check all of that out.. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Do you know where i can get a wiring diagram for my car
Old 02-25-2005, 08:58 PM

so basically u turn the ignition off with the key but instead it keeps running with the lights still on and then when u turn the lights off, it kills the engine?
Old 02-25-2005, 09:02 PM

Default Re: I need your help with my Si (R Thizzel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by R Thizzel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so basically u turn the ignition off with the key but instead it keeps running with the lights still on and then when u turn the lights off, it kills the engine?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes thats it, is there anyone out there that could help me i don't want to spend a lot of money
Old 02-25-2005, 09:22 PM

all u electronic gurus out there help him out. sorry i wouldnt kno where to begin
Old 02-26-2005, 10:16 PM

Default Re: I need your help with my Si (R Thizzel)

Come on some one has got to have a wiring diagram that would help

Quick Reply: I need your help with my Si