Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I need some input

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some input

I recently took my eg hatch to the shop to have it tuned. The shop was recommened as one of the best shops in Alabama for tuning hondas/acuras. I have an ls-vtec and I planned on having to tuned with a s200. The motor is pretty stock with 10 to 1 pistons, rods, and mild head work. When I got the car to the shop the car the guy inspected over the car and didnt find anything wrong with it. They pulled the car into the shop and changed the plugs and the car started but was reading 16psi. He then re-inspected the car and told me that the car had an obd2 motor harness installed and was confusing the map sensor. I was told that the plugs and wires from an obd1 to obd2 did not match up and this was throwing the sensor off. I said okay and returned with the new harness. The injectors harnesses were going to need to be swapped from harness to harness. The following day I recieved more bad news. NOW the cars valves were tapping BAD, the cam seal needed to be replaced or fixed (which it did) The timing belt needed to be replaced because it was now oil soaked and stretched and the injectors were staying open in cylinder 2 and 3 and he could tap them with something and they would work properly but then they would stay stuck open. He said they would need to be replaced. I said okay do what they had to do. He said they did a compression check and everything is okay. Today i recieve another phone call that says that the bottom end is knocking becuase a piston is broke. I was told that the car was only running off of one cylinder and when they fixed the car and made it run off of 4 that it now knocks horribly bad and it blows smoke. First of the car ran and drove with the "obd2" harness and NEVER blew smoke. I swapped ecus to a chipped ls/vtec p28 and the car ran better, but did not run into vtec. I do not understand how i could of had the car runing atleast half way decent with a friends ecu and now the shop says that I need a new bottom end.

I would appreciate some input because this all doesnt make sense to me. Input would help me figure out if this is possible or not.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I need some input (ChirpinSecond)

someone? anyone help me please