Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I need some help.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some help.....

I just bought a Civic DX and its slower than my grandmother i need some horsepower but without buying a new engine. There is only 50,000 miles on the engine and the kid has never driven it in the winter its in great shape. It has Sparco seats, black widow kit, m3 mirrors, 18inch racing hart wheels, toyo tires, apexi N1 exhaust, carbon fiber monster tach i think that's it but thats besides the point. The point is it's a D16y7 sohc engine and i need more horsepower. I know what to buy to get horsepower but i need some feedback of what you all think so if you could help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-16-2004, 05:57 PM

Default Re: I need some help..... (sparco civic97)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sparco civic97 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just bought a Civic DX and its slower than my grandmother i need some horsepower but without buying a new engine. There is only 50,000 miles on the engine and the kid has never driven it in the winter its in great shape. It has Sparco seats, black widow kit, m3 mirrors, 18inch racing hart wheels, toyo tires, apexi N1 exhaust, carbon fiber monster tach i think that's it but thats besides the point. The point is it's a D16y7 sohc engine and i need more horsepower. I know what to buy to get horsepower but i need some feedback of what you all think so if you could help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

theres part of your problem right there, and maybe you should think about getting some simple bolt ons I/H/E.
Old 03-16-2004, 05:59 PM

Default Re: I need some help..... (GrRrr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GrRrr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

theres part of your problem right there, and maybe you should think about getting some simple bolt ons I/H/E.</TD></TR></TABLE>
/Agree
Old 03-16-2004, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only thing i can think of off the top of my head would be the greddy turbo kit. it makes some great numbers for a d-series. also, u can get some cams/ internal work done and build up the block.

It also depends on how much money ur willing to go/have. If u have only 200 bucks and want some hp, get some nitrous. If u have like 1200 or aomething, go turbo.

Is this a daily driver, for street/ strip or circuit???

So many things to go with. Also recommend searching this forum to find other answers to questions u will have.

Welcome to H-T , n00b
Old 03-17-2004, 01:10 AM

them rims are robbing you of a few hp,and probly affecting your speedometer. Sell those bigmommas and get some 15" rotas or mugens . just my 2 pesos. Nos is the cheapest way to go, or MINI-ME.
Old 03-17-2004, 04:23 AM

Location: Kills Official Truck Quality Assurance Manager, USA
Default Re: I need some help..... (dremmel)

For your car look into some cheaper items. The body kit is weighing you down along with 18's. Not trying to be mean but you have low torque your not going to move a heavy car. Their is another thread about using an EX tranny. This has helped out some of the guys on here up to .5 seconds off of their quarter mile.

THen look into intake/header/exhaust. Search around some of the threads on here and find the one best suited for you. You can always boost. SOHC turbo kits are widely available and are not that expensive.

Nitrous would be the cheapest route with the most hp.
Old 03-17-2004, 05:08 AM

I agree with every one else about the kit and the rims. Simple bolt ons should at least get rid of that slow dragging feeling. If you want to go a little crazy then go SOHC turbo. Maybe even supercharged, My boy has an EX supercharged and that **** smokes GSR's.
Old 03-17-2004, 05:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I need some help..... (MikeNice)

Definately some good ideas from above. Id say ditch the kit and wheels (theirs plenty or ricers out there) and get a cai and good header for at least a bit of pep. Later on down the road, turbo that sucka!
Old 03-17-2004, 05:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sparco civic97 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just bought a Civic DX and its slower than my grandmother i need some horsepower but without buying a new engine. There is only 50,000 miles on the engine and the kid has never driven it in the winter its in great shape. It has Sparco seats, black widow kit, m3 mirrors, 18inch racing hart wheels, toyo tires, apexi N1 exhaust, carbon fiber monster tach i think that's it but thats besides the point. The point is it's a D16y7 sohc engine and i need more horsepower. I know what to buy to get horsepower but i need some feedback of what you all think so if you could help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOLOLOL I didnt read all of the post and i thought your grandma gave you that car with all the stuff on it. hahh Grandma Racer y0!