Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I need more front negative camber...EG civic upper arms work or cut Integra

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I need more front negative camber...EG civic upper arms work or cut Integra

Posted this in the ITR forum as well, but maybe you guys will have a better idea.

Heres the deal, car was in an accident before I got it. It was repaired decently but still needs some tweaking. When it comes down to it, the MOST negative camber I can get in the front is -.2, which is basically straight up and down, and as many of you will know, that greatly affects the cars turn in. Not to mention I have more negative camber in the rear so that doesnt help either. Ive tried to use a camber kit(ingalls, it that actually lets you add slightly more negative camber) but its not enough and I can only get about -.2.
So what I was thinking is A) possibly run EG civic front upper arms(they are supposedly shorter, can anyone confirm and by how much?) or B) get a used set of Integra upper arms(94+ are all the same) and cut out a small section, reweld them, and Ill be able to find tune it with the camber kit I have already so I dont have to worry about cutting them uneven or exactly perfect on each side. Then obviously get an alignment.

Option B(cutting another set of Teg arms) is totally doable and has been done before on another car of ours, but if option A(civic arms) would work, that would be easier. The question is would the civic arms be short enough for me to get the camber I want.

So anyone that can give some input that would be great. Thanks
_______
Old 08-09-2003, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I need more front negative camber...EG civic upper arms work or cut Integra (RTW DC2)

What do you need all the negative camber for? Are you road racing you car or something or do you really just like paying for tires.
Old 08-09-2003, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I need more front negative camber...EG civic upper arms work or cut Integra (viprcr1)

road racing. my turn in sucks and the car understeers.