Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

i need a major help

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need a major help

i have a 96 honda civic coupe. i am goin with the turbo kit or the nitrous. nitrous is way much cheaper and thats what is making me do that more. but i wanna know if i put a turbo in the stock engine does it **** my engine up after like 30000 miles or thats what stupid people say. i know that i have to change the cam shaft for both of them but what else you think ios neccessary to change. i have limmited budget causei am an student in high school. tell me if nos is a better and cheaper way and if nos really ***** your engine up. causei heard it can blow your engine on a 75 shot. and i also wanna know the best place to buy the nitrous kit. plz tell me the cheapest web site or place
Old 07-20-2004, 11:08 AM
Electrician

Let me give you the BIGGEST advice anyone on Honda-Tech or in your lifetime can give you.

You seem like a person who doesn't know much about cars or how they work yet, so, stay here on Honda-Tech and read a lot. Search about turbo systems and nitrous, read it over and over again, and learn.

Once you learn how nitrous, turbo systems, camshafts, cylinder heads, compression ratios, intercoolers, air/fuel controllers, fuel pressure regultors, etc...work, then make up your mind.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i need a major help (v-tec maz)

do a search son there is alot of good information out there that will pretty much answer all of your questions by just reading up on it
Old 07-20-2004, 11:28 AM

Engine management. Engine management. Engine management. Without this, there is no point in doing any of those things to your car. And if you have a limited budget because you are a student, spend it on tools, tune ups, and oil changes. Anything else will be a waste of money because you won't get it running right, and it will most likely destroy your motor. Can you buy an engine swap on a limited budget? Or even a replacement engine?
Old 07-20-2004, 12:13 PM

Default Re: (Dimi)

well thanks for your advice. but i know everythin about cars. i am working on engines as a student. not car engines but small bikes and machines. i had a old car back in my country that i build itup from nothin. it wasnt that high perfprmance but i smoked mustangs with it(not GT). i know about engines. the point is no one answers your question in this web site all you guys do is trying to say that you know so much which is not good
Old 07-20-2004, 12:20 PM

Default Re: (v-tec maz)

Well, if you know everything about engines, then wtf are you asking us any of that for? Knowing everything, you should know what happens after 30k with a turbo or what happens running a a couple bottles at a 75 shot. It's all setup. But nothing you mentioned said anything about setup, so you sounded like an enormous noob to all things engine.

So why don't you start by telling us your limited budget and your golas for the car. Then we can talk about possiblities and different strategies.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:24 PM

Default Re: (delScho)

man u r out of control. you told me that i dont know nothin. well i am 17 how much would you know about a ******* civic engine with 1.6 cubic of space. this engine is ******* small thats y i am so carefull about what i am goin to do with it. you can **** up this engine with a wrong gear in a high rpm. come on of course dk everythin about engines i meant i know how they work. so after all these can you give me a good answer plz. plz give me a complete answer about every thin(turbo and nitrous)
Old 07-20-2004, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

here you go man. i will try to help you some. you dont have to change your cams unless you have a crazy aftermarket cam in your car now. turbos are nice cause you can build a lot of power out of a turboed motor. but you must build the motor to be strong enough to hold the boost first. you can however run low boost and probably be happy with your car but you will have to have a lot of tuning and will still possibly have problems in the future regardless. with nitrous i would stick with like a 50 shot at first and see how you like it. if it isnt enough to get past the V6 mustangs I might bump it to 65 or 75. but you will need some professional tuning done here if you want you car to last a while. nitrous kits are cheap, you can find hardly used ones for $300-$400 bucks, complete. it is up to you, I would start small and just be expecting to break something, cause it will happen eventually. as far as finding the nitrous kit, look around on different car forums/ebay to find a used one.

P.S. V6 mustangs are slow, aim your sights higher, of course GTs are incredibly slow POSs as well, so aim higher than those as well.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:33 PM

Yeah, I'm f'n crazy. I'm crazy enough to go read the FI and tech forums that are also located on this site. A simple search here will give you more than you can read in a day about the things you are asking. Just go search a little. More people are willing to help those who help themselves.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:35 PM

Default Re: (delScho)

I im'd you
Old 07-20-2004, 02:01 PM

Default Re: (ARIZONA)

i didnt get it plz leave wat you wanna say. thanks