Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I need a lot of info...sorry!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a lot of info...sorry!

I recently bought a '95 Del Sol Si...it's my first car. The previous owner changed out a few of the stock parts but he didnt put anything impressive in. A cheap short ram intake, the headers, and fuel injectors. I would like to set it up as a daily driver and yet also be able to race when I want. I have been thinking about an engine swap but am not sure what engine to swap to, the type R i thought. I'd like to fix it up but not go broke at the same time.

To fix what I had perviously posted I am not asking what I should do to my car i am trying to learn what all the engines are, and what some options are for me. i have my ideas of what i want to do I just don't know how doable they are.

Modified by Gohtret at 12:25 PM 7/4/2005

Modified by Gohtret at 8:13 AM 7/5/2005
Old 07-03-2005, 10:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I need a lot of info...sorry! (Gohtret)

1.turbo
2.turbo
3.make up your own mind on what to do with YOUR car
4.turbo
5.search
6.turbo
7.use your imagnation
8.turbo
9.turbo
10.turbo
Old 07-03-2005, 10:57 PM

Default Re: I need a lot of info...sorry! (specv5150)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by specv5150 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1.turbo
2.turbo
4.turbo
5.search
6.turbo
7.use your imagnation
8.turbo
9.turbo
10.turbo</TD></TR></TABLE>

worded so elegantly.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I need a lot of info...sorry! (specv5150)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by specv5150 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1.turbo
2.turbo
4.turbo
5.search
6.turbo
7.use your imagnation
8.turbo
9.turbo
10.turbo</TD></TR></TABLE>

Brought a tear to my eye.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:28 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Gohtret &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Any help will be greatly appreciated.
If you could make a list of the top 10 things i should change or do.

Robert</TD></TR></TABLE>

Here's a good word of advice, ask tech specific questions that have not already been covered, and never - I REPEAT NEVER - ask Honda-tech for what it thinks you should do. Opinions are like ********, everyone's got one and they all stink. It's your car - your money - YOU decide.

Get it?
Got it?
Good.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I need a lot of info...sorry! (james p.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by james p. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here's a good word of advice, ask tech specific questions that have not already been covered, and never - I REPEAT NEVER - ask Honda-tech for what it thinks you should do. Opinions are like ********, everyone's got one and they all stink. It's your car - your money - YOU decide.

Get it?
Got it?
Good. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you sure that -Every- ******* stinks?
Old 07-03-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Re: I need a lot of info...sorry! (1995Ex_Sedan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1995Ex_Sedan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Are you sure that -Every- ******* stinks?</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha

Hilarious idioms aside, we've been kinda hard on the guy, after all, its his first post! Don't let our snide remarks get to you man, just repost with something more specific. Good luck.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I need a lot of info...sorry! (1995Ex_Sedan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1995Ex_Sedan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Are you sure that -Every- ******* stinks?</TD></TR></TABLE>

well due to the fact that our excriments are released through the anus,yeah they do stink.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:07 AM

Default Re: I need a lot of info...sorry! (00mofo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 00mofo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well due to the fact that our excriments are released through the anus,yeah they do stink.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well said
Old 07-04-2005, 12:14 AM
NooB

1)sell that ugly car
2)sell that ugly car
3)sell that ugly car
4)sell that ugly car
5)sell that ugly car
6)sell that ugly car
7)sell that ugly car
8)sell that ugly car
9)sell that ugly car
10)buy a station wagon NOOB
Old 07-04-2005, 01:55 AM

Default Re: I need a lot of info...sorry! (K SERIES)

i would just swap it. i know if it where me and i were turbo i would wanna be faster so i would up the boost and blow my motor. haha. i have no restraint. but i would maybe do b16 or gsr if you lookin for a nice daily driver. type R is a lot of money(not sayin its not worth it). its up to you tho, your car.
Old 07-04-2005, 03:14 AM

Default Re: I need a lot of info...sorry! (hookedonvtec)

1. If you have the time and money, covert the front end to an EG one, looks way ******* better then the **** Honda designed (a search will show you what i mean)
2. Decide what you want for your car.
3-10. Repeat step 2

Rode in a R powered Del sol once, felt like my friend's gf VR6, i thought it was going to be faster might of been a dying motor who knows
Old 07-04-2005, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It is his first post **** heads flaming him doesn't help

Welcome to Honda-Tech, read the following
First read this so you know the rules https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=990205

Read this for swaps https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=878010

and for other things use the search button(top right corner) since almost every part you can get for your car has been discussed(use archives)

Old 07-04-2005, 05:53 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I need a lot of info...sorry! (fasthatchb18c1)

dood.. turbo.
Old 07-04-2005, 10:05 AM

Default Re: I need a lot of info...sorry! (menkio)

Ok I want to race it.
I want to do a swap and a turbo.
Or a turbo if that will get just about the same results with less moeny and work.
Is it possible and how hard is it to do a complete swap from automatic to stick.

My freind said to swap the engine to a Ls-vtech but most of you have said go to a b16 or just turbo it. I am trying to learn what all these engines are.

Im researching all of it every night, So if I say something that makes me look like a complete dumbass, yea i dont know any better and i know i look like one but im trying to learn. I mean its only been 2 days. I dont mind being flamed because criticism is good and helps me learn but realize i dont know all the stuff you do.

Modified by Gohtret at 12:18 PM 7/4/2005
Old 07-04-2005, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if its only been 2 days, you haven't searched through the old threads enough there are literally 100's of threads on which engine is better and why, and what to turbo, how to do it, what is cheaper, so on and so forth. I would troll around at least a month before you even think of making any decisions if your new at this.
I hope you read the rules so you would know why you were being flamed.

Category 1 (Includes editing/locking of thread or post in question):
NOTE: Any repeat violation of a Category 1 rule will be treated the same as a violation of a Category 2 rule.

1.C. Posting general modification threads in '92-00 Civic / Del Sol is not allowed. This includes threads like “What should I do to my car next?” or “I have $$$ what should I buy?” Please do a search, as there are many threads on the subject that exist in the archives.

Good luck with you car
Old 07-04-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Re: I need a lot of info...sorry!

Oh sorry about that.
I figured the fastest way to find what i was looking for would be to ask. I didnt do that out of laziness, I did it because all of the terms said on here are a little bit overwhelming. I'm trying to figure out the difference in b16a or b16a2 or b18, i dont know what those numbers mean and when i am just reading other threadsi dont understand half of it. i'll wait to post again until i learn more sorry for being a noob.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Read the link I posted on swaps and you will understand them.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:25 AM

Default Re: I need a lot of info...sorry! (fasthatchb18c1)

ok thanks.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

how about this...

tell us your budget, how fast u want ur car to be (1/4 mile time, etc), accessibility to tools, any people that can help... like it was said, asking for opinions is like asking to be put in a shark tank. somewhat more like a I scratch ur back u scratch mine. help us out here

good luck by the way
Old 07-04-2005, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

like fasthatchb18c1 said..
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=878010
Old 07-04-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Re: (dc2vu)

I'm going to time it in the 1/4 today. But what can I do about the auto to standard swap?

My budget is however hard i want to work. It is low but in time I can save up for anything. Im working 2 jobs right now and i can work harder on both of them if i want. I'm just trying to manage free time and work time, and im trying to get an estimate on how much all this will cost me. I'm thinking about 2k for the engine swap or around there, because i have seen b16a engines for about 900 give or take.

I have a lot of freinds that work on cars alot. One is a manager at an autobody shop but they also do all mechanical and custom work, his dad and brother are also there. We can work in the shop however late we want after 5pm, and have access to all the tools, lifts, paint, anything.

Will I have a problem going to a b16a DOHC, because of the dual overhead cam

Modified by Gohtret at 2:22 PM 7/4/2005
Old 07-04-2005, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Gohtret)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Gohtret &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm going to time it in the 1/4 today. But what can I do about the auto to standard swap?

My budget is however hard i want to work. It is low but in time I can save up for anything. Im working 2 jobs right now and i can work harder on both of them if i want. I'm just trying to manage free time and work time, and im trying to get an estimate on how much all this will cost me. I'm thinking about 2k for the engine swap or around there, because i have seen b16a engines for about 900 give or take.

I have a lot of freinds that work on cars alot. One is a manager at an autobody shop but they also do all mechanical and custom work, his dad and brother are also there. We can work in the shop however late we want after 5pm, and have access to all the tools, lifts, paint, anything.

Will I have a problem going to a b16a DOHC, because of the dual overhead cam

Modified by Gohtret at 2:22 PM 7/4/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>

Everything you want to do is "realtively" simple. Depends on what you feel comfortable doing. I installed my first turbo and it probably took a cumulative of 3 days (72 hours) becuase I slacked on it and ran into a bunch of little gremlins that I had to chase. I am about to install turbo again and I think I can do it in 4 -5 hours. Your first swap might take awhile, but who cares, just do it right and learn. Turbo can be had for cheap. I pieced together my kit for aoround 1400 and that is with tuning stuff.
Old 07-04-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Re: (specv5150)

Is your car going to be STRICTLY a race only car, or is it a dual purpose daily driver/weekend racer??
Old 07-05-2005, 05:30 AM

Default Re: (eXcelonTypeR)

Dual purpose.

But heres the plan I have now.

Im gonna go for an ls-vtec swap.
Convert from automatic to standard.
In the future I will turbo it for money reasons.

I just dont feel that the engine i have now is enough to even turbo it is a d15b7 with the swap ill gain 50+hp from the engine possibly more.
I have a freind loooking for the motor now and hopefully i can do that shortly in the future.

Oh and i'm stuck with this car.

Modified by Gohtret at 6:44 AM 7/5/2005

Quick Reply: I need a lot of info...sorry!