Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

i need help with my camber kits pleeeease

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 04:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need help with my camber kits pleeeease

i have an eg civic hatchback si...lowered with tein springs. its roughly...2 inches off the ground now..maybe 2.5. anyways...my camber was pretty far off. so i ordered some skunk2 front camber kits (they are the top control arms). i installed them...went to level ground to try to get it almost as close to zero as i could...and when i pulled the tires all the way out at the top and tightened it down....it still had almost 2.5 degrees of negative camber. the camber kits are supposed to have
-4/+4 degrees of adjustment. did i do something wrong? i installed them the exact same way that the stock ones were on there. if this is really as far as i can adjust it to...then what are my other alternatives? also...when i put the camber kits on...they messed up the the alignment pretty bad...the toe on both wheels are pointing away from each other...could this affect the camber any? and what about caster? could the caster be off? im going to take it to tire kingdom today but i dont know what will be the outcome. if anybody has any suggestions for what i should then it would really help.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: i need help with my camber kits pleeeease (joostan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by joostan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it still had almost 2.5 degrees of negative camber. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you have a camber gauge? I'm not sure for EGs, but I think that would actually be in spec on my EK.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by joostan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">then what are my other alternatives? </TD></TR></TABLE>

You need to get an alignment, or at least get it onto an alignment machine to get some measurements. Your settings are probably all out of whack; because I'm guessing you didn't get an alignment after your spring install, which led to uneven wear and your purchase of a camber kit.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by joostan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the toe on both wheels are pointing away from each other...could this affect the camber any? and what about caster? could the caster be off? im going to take it to tire kingdom today but i dont know what will be the outcome. if anybody has any suggestions for what i should then it would really help.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Toe is the last setting done on an alignment. Any change in suspension geometry will effect toe. Toe is also what wears tires unevenly, so it's really the only important setting as well.

Other than that, your camber kit and installation could be fine, but your settings all off; but it's hard to tell what the problem is (or if there is one) without any numbers to go by. When you get to the shop, have them do a before and after printout of the alignment specs.