Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I need help. My brakes pedle goes to the floor after swaping back a SOHC motor

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help. My brakes pedle goes to the floor after swaping back a SOHC motor

HI, I hope someone can help me.

Here my problem,

I have a 94 Honda Civic CX hatch. I had swap a GSR motor in for the past 2 years. Now I have re-swaped a 93 D15B8 CX motor back in to save gas and pass smog.

But, my problem is right after the swap and a few test drives, Once in a while my brake pedle would drop to floor and will not stop. This is only once in a while not all the time. It happens mostly when im parking or something slow. But once in a while it does happen when im travaling over 60mph and it gets pretty scary when somethings in front and your brakes arnt working.

I took it to Midas and they charge me 100 bucks but couldnt figure out ****.

I recently change my brake pads on all 4 wheels and bleeded the brake over 20 times using up 2 big bottles of brake fluid. Same problem

Recently change the master cylinder with a rebuilt one from auto zone. worked for a good 30 min of driving but as soon as i tried to park, the pedel went straight to the floor and up goes the e-brake handle. I wonder if I should get a new master brake cylinder instead of a rebuilt one.

Umm.. My last hope is the booster then ive changed everything for the brake system.

I hope someone had this problem before and can tell me whats going on with my car.

If someone can help that would be nice.

Thanks
Old 08-30-2006, 01:25 PM

Default Re: I need help. My brakes pedle goes to the floor after swaping back a SOHC motor (FunIntegras)

This might be a dumb question but have you noticed a significant drop in brake fluid from your master cylinder? Do you have a major leak? Getting a new master cylinder wouldn't hurt as well. Also check your hardlines by the firewall and make sure they are all still in tact. Could've gotten hit when doing the swap. Other than that I don't know. GL though.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I need help. My brakes pedle goes to the floor after swaping back a SOHC motor (FunIntegras)

check the brake booster vacum hose...and for leaks under the actual lines that go underneath the frame....
Old 08-30-2006, 01:42 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: I need help. My brakes pedle goes to the floor after swaping back a SOHC motor (blksir2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blksir2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">check the brake booster vacum hose...and for leaks under the actual lines that go underneath the frame....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Agreed. Sounds like a vacuum problem, not a fluid one.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I need help. My brakes pedle goes to the floor after swaping back a SOHC motor (Archidictus)

But would that cause the pedal to go to the floor? I would think it would make it harder to press; not easier to the floor.

My money is that the master cylinder took a dump and it's just an odd coincidence.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I need help. My brakes pedle goes to the floor after swaping back a SOHC motor (-Gary-)

no vacum no pressure...
Old 09-05-2006, 02:31 PM

Default Re: I need help. My brakes pedle goes to the floor after swaping back a SOHC motor (blksir2)

The thing is, everything works until i stop and try to park or at reverse at very low speeds. But Once its rolling it starts working agian,
Old 09-05-2006, 04:41 PM

Default Re: I need help. My brakes pedle goes to the floor after swaping back a SOHC motor (JJDrivesAJazz)

Yeah your vacuum booster has nothing to do with it, when you bought the reman M/C did you bench bleed it before you installed it? Also double check your brake fluid and make sure theres no air in the system....All your booster does is assist if it was vacuum your brake pedal would be hard as ****......
Old 09-06-2006, 07:53 PM

well i havent felt a pull on the brakes but i did felt a pull this morning when i slam on my brakes. it pulled to the left just a little bit but not much to cause me to loose it.

Umm, when installing the master cylinder it was bench bleed and installed correctly. I returned the remanufactual master cylinder and replace it back with my old one since it didnt work, I still have the same problem but now it only happens when im parking. Traffic, no problems. But when parking or turning into a parking space, the brake pedle falls to the floor agian..\