Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

i need help ASAP!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need help ASAP!!!!!!

ok i have been puttin springs on my eg hatch and i got rs*r springs on stock struts...now i have blown one (no suprise), and one i cant get all the way tightened. the spring can turn pretty freely on the strut. also...i didnt remember which one is left and right...is there a way to tell easily? i cant get the brake lines to line up the way they should. can anyone help!!!! please...im at a buddy's house and im tryin to get out of here soon. thanks guys...
Old 10-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i need help ASAP!!!!!! (slo_hatch)

come on h-t!!!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

there should be serial numbers on the springs that determine which is front and rear. did you buy them used or new? as for the springs moving freely, depending on how short they are when the strut compresses itll stop the spring from moving around. just make sure you have the bottom end of the spring notched up against the bottom of the strut...if that makes sense. let me see if i can draw a pic real quick in mspaint. and as for the brake lines make sure you have the struts on the right sides. they should have a letter telling you which is right and left. L for left and R for right of course. as for the rears...i'd have no clue to why you'd unbolt those brake lines.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i need help ASAP!!!!!! (Fook_me_honda)

no i had to unbolt the brake lines on the front...of course you know that. and i know which is the front and back. lol its the left and right...but i think i might have figured it out. and j/w...what would happen if i dont have the spring along the bump stop...cuz it kinda turned as i put it on. would it work itself in? and i think i have figured out the problem but you never know with my hatch...anyone wanna trade??
Old 10-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

huh bumpstop? as long as its in there itll be fine. plenty of people run without them. and considering your using stock shocks it wouldn't really save the life of the strut anyways. it MIGHT make the car lower if the springs bottom the shock out.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i need help ASAP!!!!!! (Fook_me_honda)

im talkin about where the spring goes into the strut and you turn it till it hits that piece of metal that keeps it from turning anymore...and the nut on the top of the strut isnt all the way on....its not loose but i cant get it on anymore cuz it keeps turning the whole damn strut. im bout to just slap it together and drive it home and look at it when im not so frustrated and have time. i need new struts anyway...so i need to replace all of it. ahhhhh....