Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-04-2003, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, this is the story, I have two cars, a 92 Si and a 93 Si. One was slammed to earth with dead and busted open shocks leaking juice with some cut up springs. I bought the car like this so don't bash me, please. Next is the 93 Si which had Skunk2 coil overs on stock struts.

Today I tried to put the 93 Si back to stock by putting the stock springs and stock struts back onto the car. I put the front on but the car still looks dropped. Thats my first concern. Second, I TRIED to put the back on but it was impossible by myself.

Next, I said **** it I don't have enough time nor do I have the tools to finish it during the night without my air compressor. So I went ahead and pulled my 92 into the driveway and started disassembling the struts and springs.

I then busted out my Tokico Illuminas that I recently got and I TRIED again to install them. It was impossible.

I also locked my keys in my ******* car and I'm ******* pissed, sad, depressed, frustrated all at the same time. I mean how ******* hard is it to ******* install struts, especially Tokicos? I put it to "1" which is the softest setting so that I could try and push the strut up so I could place it into the damper fork. I got that done with the help of my girlfriend. Then I tried to connect the damper fork to the control arm by re-installing the bolt.

^^^ That was a NEGATIVE. I couldn't do it. HOW THE **** AM I SUPPOSED TO DO IT?????????????????
Old 03-04-2003, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (psychotic)

I am too tired to offer advice but I will give you a BUMP and a "good luck, man". Sounds like you need some sleep or food or a cigarette.
Old 03-04-2003, 08:14 PM

Default Re: I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (GTlvr82)

patience. when i had my old DA i installed struts by myself on some OLD *** jackstands. i hit the axle bolt...that bolt u are having trouble with...the wrong way and i knocked over the car. luckily the side opposite of me landed it's LCA on the falled stand as i held up the other side of the car screaming for something to help me.

try compressing your tokicos by turning them upside down and pressing them down until they can't go down anymore. then get some string and tie them like that. then put them in, u gotta push down on the rotor to make it fit. like...stand on it...it's always good to get 2 people.
Old 03-04-2003, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (all stock)

Will it not damage the strut if I push it all the way in?

Patience is something I don't have lol. I've been working on it since 11 am today. I work all day tomorrow and I already don't have a ride. LOL!
Old 03-04-2003, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (GTlvr82)

wait i dont even really know what the problem is. What are you having trouble with, are you trying to get a bolt off and can't do it or what? Can you just now squeeze the strut assemply into place, I'm not too sure what your saying.
Old 03-04-2003, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (aw1234dude)

I just can't get the strut assembly or rather the damper fork to get into place so I can put the bolt that connects the damper fork and control arm together

People say to use a jack but I don't know where to put the jack.

I've tried using it, but the way I did it it just didn't work out.