Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I NEED HELP

i just put my new skunk 2 intake manifold on and it idles fine and everything put when i get past idling rpms its shoots out white smokes now only sometimes and it studders do i need a new tps i got new plugs and i just got a p0301 p0302 p0303 p0304 and a p1399 what do i need to do to fix my baby help help and all my gaskets are new and i jsut rebuilt my motor it runs fine at idle like i said twice but i just don't understand what i need to replace so i don't have to spend a **** load of money i have stock injectors stockt throttle body and stock fuel rail what do i neeed to do damnit plz im me on aim im up plz afplayboy17
Old 08-24-2007, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds like you've hooked up a coolant line onto a vacuum nipple. Pop off a few of the lines (vacuum) and see if coolant runs out.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: I NEED HELP (afplayboy17)

I am sure those are all misfire codes and 1399 being multiple misfires, well the first thing to do is make sure you have good spark. and just checking to make sure you have spark is not good enough. you need to get a spark tester with adjustable gap so you can spread the gap out as far as possible. if the spark can jump over a 1\4"-1\2" gap you know you have good spark then of course double check to make sure you put the wires back on correctly. also another possibillity is there a vaccum line going to the fuel pressure regulator, if you missed this when installing the manifold then you would have really high pressure making it run super rich and causing a misfire. probally in ignition side but got to look at fuel as well.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (umop-apisdn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by umop-apisdn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sounds like you've hooked up a coolant line onto a vacuum nipple. Pop off a few of the lines (vacuum) and see if coolant runs out.</TD></TR></TABLE>

good point didnt even think about that. have seen it before.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I NEED HELP (gsrhatch2356)

see my stock manifold had a hose coming frmo it on the front near the in jesctors it has like a ball or something but when i put my new manifold on skunk2 it doesn't have it i its a hose going to were the coolant is and i got a black box behind the manifold near the battery were a big hose is going for the coolant and it has a nipple were u plug a hose to it but to i hook it to that or do i hook it to my intake i think i got all my hoses righ but there was one near the oxygen sensor goes i got a nipple on my intake aem and i don't now if i got it wrong or what what do i need to do if i see coolant on the intake hoses going to my intake aem it self not the manifold i got them right except one anyone now
Old 08-25-2007, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I NEED HELP (af 17)

I am sure you probally have the ex right? if you do then I am pretty sure what you are describing is the secondary air injection. it is a hose the goes right in between the middle injectors. then that hose goes to a device that sets on thermostat housing should have to air hoses going to it one to manifold and another to the air box. the reason why it sits on the thermostat housing is cause it is a thermo switch it will only allow vaccum to travel through the device when at a certain temp. (thermo switch) but this is emission related and thats why it is not on the skunk2 manifold. I would stick with pulling off each hose and starting car and see if you have vaccum on manifold side and no coolant coming out the other if you have vaccum and coolant coming out of hose you know that is the problem and have you noticed if you are losing coolant or checked to see if radiator is low?
Old 08-25-2007, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I NEED HELP (gsrhatch2356)

so yea thats right so just pull off the hoses on the manifold and what do i do with the ones that have vacuum and the ones that have coolant where do they how and what goes on that black box beside my battery
Old 08-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I NEED HELP (afplayboy17)

and is that manifold going to hurt my motor i have noticed the thermastae is at regular like in the middle but the thing is kinda too hot i think can u help me plz
Old 08-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I NEED HELP (af 17)

skunk2 goes through alot of development to produce these things its not like some ebay product if your car is overheating it is either due to the fact that the lines are hooked up wrong or something else. and as you pull off lines you should relize that if you have one hooked up wrong then you probally have at least one more and they should be switched around so that coolant can flow and vaccum lines go where they need to go. and if you have any way of taking temps normal operating temp is right around 200 degrees and anything over 210 is starting to get hot or you know hotter than its supposed to be