Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I need help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help!

I need help making a decision. I currently drive a 95 civic 4dr with jdm b16 w/y1 trans and stock lsd, ITR intake manifold, 96 GSR headers, spoon chipped ECU, stage 1 clutch master, 96^ front civic brakes, 96 GSR rear brakes 96 GSR stock struts, skunkworks coilovers, 93 integra alloy rims painted gunmetal gray, and a two door front bumper. The car just needs a paint job. I have been trying to sell it for 5K is that too much? Next. I can buy a 95 civic hatch for 1,500. This car needs a new head gasket, i can do that myself. Its bone stock and automatic near perfect body just three small dings. how much would the hatch be worth if I transfered everything from the 4dr to the hatch, and how much would the 4dr be worth with everything from the hatch? Im thinking 6-7K for the hatch and about 3K for the 4dr. Am I crazy thinking id be able to sell them for those prices? Sorry for the novel but i only get 5 posts a day. I hope my membership gets upgraded. Thanks in advance for any input available. Im going nuts trying to figure out what to do. I am selling both either way just want to make a combo that would make the most money.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:41 PM

Default Re: I need help! (okumuratakumi)

well this is my opinion, but i would keep everything in the 4 door. you never really see too many people fixing up 4 doors to the extent you have. to me anything that's not of the norm is pretty badass. up where i'm at, del sols aren't very common and that's exactly what i built, and because it's different, it turns heads!
Old 03-23-2005, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I need help! (okumuratakumi)

Paragraphs are your friend.

I'm not going to read that, but it sounds like you're talking car values. Basically, any mods will not increase your value, they will actually decrease it. If you're selling, take the Blue Book value and subtract anything wrong, and sell it privately if it's modified; or return it to stock and sell the parts if you want to get some of your investment back. When buying, use the same formula.

Old 03-23-2005, 10:40 PM

Thanks for the input sir2sol and EX_AutoXer. I didnt think that the mods decreased the value, people in Hilo sell them for more, but its a good point. I like the 4dr, dont really want to sell it but i want to go drifting with out having to yank the e-brake(this car drifts really good with the GSR rear discs and the suspension) i would rather throttle it like i did with my old 240 years ago. Anyone else with any opinions as to what i shoul do?