Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I lost!!! What kind of justice is this????

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2002, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I lost!!! What kind of justice is this????

Well, I got a ticket that caused so much drama and cost lots of $$$$. Today the drama ended. I was found guilty on charges of exhibition of speed. Well, I didn't do it. And I believe in court I proved it too!!! I totally proved that the cop was lying. Here is how it went:

Cop said I smoked my tires. Peeled out for like 8 seconds. Saw smoke coming from back tires. I had stickers on my cars. I had custom wheels.

My witnesses said, I barely screeched them in first, sort of trying to save the car from dying.... It was an accidental chirp. They said no smoke whatsoever.

I said, I had never ever had stickers on my car. The only sticker on my car is the registration sticker. I did not have custom wheels. I had the stock steelies on their. Also, he could not see me do it and he admitted to it. He only heard me do it. So how could he see the smoke coming from the back tires. In fact, my car is front wheel drive. How in the hell did the back tires do the spinning. WTF?

To top it all off: I thought it was INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY, but instead the judge said to me.... YOU DID NOT PROVIDE ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO SHOW THAT THE OFFICER WAS WRONG WTF??? It is supposed to be the other way.

I am sorry to say, and I know law enforcers read these posts, but I am never going to trust myself with an officer unless I know him or her personally. I can take care of myself. I do not pay taxes to get screwed over. I have many officers and law enforcement friends and even family, but this really hurt my pocket. I spent enough $$$ and still more spending from the 2 pts on my record, to buy me a turbo kit with some juice. I am not saying that I am the perfect citizen, but I don't race on the street, I have, but don't now and haven't been, but that day I did no wrong and an *** FVCK of a cop busted me for nothing and won. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh!!!!

Peace
Old 03-29-2002, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I lost!!! What kind of justice is this???? (hb_racer)

yeah, cops have the right to bend you over and stick it in...whether it be on the street, or in court....unless you get a fix it ticket...pay the biotch, and move on...because they'll screw you in court.....most cops/judges salery comes from ticket revenue...do you really think they will be sympathetic to you??
Old 03-29-2002, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you think you could appeal it?? It might be worth looking into. That really sucks though.....
Old 03-29-2002, 04:52 PM

yeah i would definately appeal that... if you have the officer as saying that he saw smoke coming from your back tires and you have a fwd car any lawyer could over turn that in a second!
Old 03-29-2002, 04:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's complete bull ****.
judge saying you don't have enough proof!?!? the piggie said you had smoke coming from your REAR TIRES?? and your HONDA CIVIC is FWD, the cop LIED.

damn i hate pigs who try n **** you over with BS
yes i have good friend cops, and those are good COPS, then there are pigs who just eat a donut and question you (i know from experience)

i've gotten harrassed numerous times from pigs, and it pisses me off everytime someone else gets fucked over this bull ****. **** that pig

APPEAL THAT son of a bitch, get the tape fro the court from the girl/dude who types up or records the whole court session and appeal that bitch....

[Modified by poison, 6:56 PM 3/29/2002]
Old 03-29-2002, 05:21 PM

Default Re: I lost!!! What kind of justice is this???? (poison)

a guy from the oakland PD came by the other nite to ask about my son..seems like he s applied and been accept d by them..hope he turns out better than that lying turd that ticket d u..most cops are fair..not as fair as u might want them to be..they ve done me well and bad in the pass..u come across a good cross section of society in any PD..most are cool..then u have idiots that lied their way into the police force..like the one u dealt with
Old 03-29-2002, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I lost!!! What kind of justice is this???? (deepnite)

you should have just brought in some brochure thats states your car is front wheel drive, bam that would put a swetpank on the copper!
Old 03-29-2002, 05:50 PM

Default Re: I lost!!! What kind of justice is this???? (miahmouse)

it was made clear and accepted that the car was fwd. I can appeal, but that means more money. i've already paid a grip for the attorney. i don't want to pay again and appeals cost lots of $$$ and I can't get the city or cop to pay for it either. So I just have to accept it.

Peace
Old 03-29-2002, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

pisses me off the hear this !!!...... the cops are alll over me 2 cause i have short hair and drive honda.. !?!? whats the ******* point off it !?! they never have **** on me !! but stop me once a week or so... "just 2 do a rutine tjeck" in my *** .. ******* lookin at tires and ****.. but no luck .. im "legal" in that way !!... so have 2 let me go... man .. whanna say 2 him, put your badge down and lets dance.. then we will see who is a man !!!! Bitch....
but some are cool.. just looks and smile.. like the own the ******* place...
have even done a little racin´ with one cop once !! lol
but my point is that you just CANT look at a guy and see if he is a criminal... !
Old 03-29-2002, 07:30 PM

Default Re: I lost!!! What kind of justice is this???? (dsegcoupe)

appeal your case and have a lawyer , it may be worth it !
Old 03-29-2002, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I lost!!! What kind of justice is this???? (Spoon1)

COPS SUCK most of them are on power trips yet there realy have no *****
Old 03-29-2002, 07:53 PM
New User

Appeal !
Old 03-29-2002, 08:10 PM

Default Re: I lost!!! What kind of justice is this???? (wantmorepower)

bro.... APPEAL!!! If you win it'll be a big *** blow for them pigs.....
Old 03-29-2002, 08:23 PM
New User

That sucks ***. I think any judge that cared about the law would over turn it on appeal.
Old 03-29-2002, 08:24 PM

Default Re: I lost!!! What kind of justice is this???? (NoLiMiTcIvIc)

hehehe... if you all can setup a fund for me to hire a lawyer to appeal, perhaps the same lawyer... i would. Other than that, I really get nothing to appeal other than the 2 pts gone off my record. But it will still cost the same to hire the lawyer or pay for the increase in insurance. Paying for the insurance may even be less. Police have immunities against this stuff. I can't make him pay for it unless I can prove he is a racist or something like that. Other than that, I have become the systems little biatch.

Peace
Old 03-29-2002, 09:31 PM
Trial User

**** ALL COPS THAT PULL BULLSHIT LIKE THAT!!

ive been harassed myself by cops many times.. most the time they dont have **** on me.. cops actually patrol my street now (which is a cul-da-sak btw) meaning only 1 way in 1 way out.. i know they are looking to give me tickets for bullshit.. they say its cause the complaints from neighbors cause the cars are loud and speeding.. last time i checked it was 25mph down a residentual street and most the time im doing 20 or less cause all the neighbors are dicks..

appeal that damn ticket as far as you can.. report the cop to human resources.. cops have to see something happen to give you a ticket.. a cop cant just say yea it was him speeding i saw it on radar when there are 5 other cars speeding.. they gotta prove it was you and it sounds like he didnt prove ****..
Old 03-29-2002, 09:48 PM

Default Re: I lost!!! What kind of justice is this????

I had all kinda of **** with the cops all last summer, and I don't even drive. They would patrol the street night and day because one of the neighbors think my family are drugs dealers, cuz my aunt's a nurse and lives with my grandma, so she has no bills and could afford to buy a Benz and a pool, along with helping us get 4 new cars. My dad's a cop, but it still pissed me off. He got in trouble once because another cop called because some dudes talking to someone at my house had a minor drinking and the found 3 seeds in his van (ohhhweee 3 ****** weed seeds) and my dad isn't supposed to have that **** around his house. It could have costed him his job. He almost kicked the dude out of the house (my sister's ex-fiance who got me interested in Hondas). THey aren't all dick heads tho. I'm friends with quite a few.
Old 03-29-2002, 09:49 PM

Default Re: I lost!!! What kind of justice is this???? (95CivicEX)

I've also been harrassed by cops many time...once again..not all cops are D*CKs...but i believe you should go through and appeal with this...best of luck if you go forth with it..
Old 03-29-2002, 10:15 PM
New User

you should have hired one of those ex-cop services to represent you in court. or better yet, make FRIENDS on the force so when you DO get into trouble all you have to do is bust out their business card and its all good!!
Old 03-29-2002, 11:30 PM
New User

Default Re: I lost!!! What kind of justice is this???? (poison)

I had a friend get some sort of the same dilemma, with cop not seeing him smoke but said he heard it. He got community service for like 200 hours over a year or something like that. It sucked for him. I hate surburban cops, they can all suck my fat one.
Old 03-30-2002, 05:05 AM
Ham'ed Hatch

man i once got a ticket for exhibition of speed, i chirped my tires in front of a police station. the cop was a dick. but he wasn't in court and the judge was ultra cool, she was trying to minimize everybody's charges. i just spoke to the prosecuting attorney or whatever and explained it was an accident that my foot slipped on the clutch. they dismissed all charges and fines.

but that was my ONE and ONLY positive experience with pig ******* cops. i once got 4 tickets at one stop and 7 tickets within two months! that's when i started H.A.P.H. (Hondas Against Police Harrassment)

sorry to hear about your story tho
Old 03-30-2002, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So I'm to understand that you had a lawyer the first time?? No way in hell would I have the same lawyer if I went in for an appeal. A good lawyer should have know that the judge was gonna be a dick and gotten a continuance (sp). I'd do some research on how to go about filing a complaint against the cop and the judge if hopes for an appeal are out of reach. Write to a local newspaper/tv station they might help out w/some info just for the story. Be careful when trying to f--- the system, cops hold grudges and thats when you can really get screwed.
Old 03-30-2002, 07:54 AM

Default Re: I lost!!! What kind of justice is this???? (miahmouse)

Cops hold grudges. That is one reason not to appeal. Also, the cop is one if my co-workers brother in law. [devilish_idea] hmmmmm.......[/devilish_idea] Naaaahhhhhh.... So who cares I know where the cop lives now and that my friend at work doesn't like him along with the rest of the family hating him.

Peace