Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I know this isn't neccesarily the place for it but I need to know how much you'd sell this car for??

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I know this isn't neccesarily the place for it but I need to know how much you'd sell this car for??

93 Honda Civic SI

Okay modifications as follows:
01 ITR (b18C5) motor (About 25k on it. I bought it brand new from Acura. I have reciepts)
CTR N1 crank pulley
98 JDM ITR tranny (4.785 FD)
Exedy Single plate organic clutch
Fidanza Flywheel
98 ITR intake manifold
DC JDM ITR header
Spoon radiator cap
Spoon thermo switch
Spoon thermostat
Spoon flat black shift ****
Comptech ICE BOX (And intake arm both for an ITR)
Test Pipe
JIC Magic Bullt 505 sus exhaust
Optimum Battery (Yellow Top)
Euro clear lens headlights (w/City lights)
OEM fog lights
Phillips HID Hylow kit (6000k) has hi beams retails for about 650 right now (www.autolamps-online.com)
Amber corners (Look like visions but they are not and I could give a ****)
VIS carbon Fiber Hood
VIS Carbon fiber lip
Carbon Fiber duckbill (From B20Z's group buy. Fits perfect)
Powersteering re-route kit
Zender Anntena (OEM CX anntena block off)
Tein SS coilovers for an Integra (On the car for 3 months)
Beaks rear ITR swaybar (brand new never installded).
B20Z's Gb Lower control arms (Supposedly the same company that makes the SRR)
Neuspeed Front lower strut/tie bar
Neuspeed rear lower tie bar
ITR front upper strut bar
ITR rear upper strut bar
16X7 Volk CE28n's (Bronze) Been on the car for 3 months
Zenki Lugs (Bronze)
Toyo FZ4 205/40/16's
Wilwood 2 piece 12.5 inch crossed drilled and slotted rotors
Wilwood Dynalite calipers
Wilwood SS brake lines
Super Blue ATE (For both the clutch Master and brake master cylinder)
New Clutch master cylinder
New Brake master cylinder (15/16ths)
Stock FULL Interior
Rear option speakers (with polk competitions)
Optional arm rest
Optional Audio console
Alpine Head unit
JDM EG6 Gauge cluster
JDM EG6 Clock
JDM EG6 Climate control
JDM EG6 rear defroster
Sparco Steering wheel and hub
2000 Civic floormats (brand new)
Viper Alarm (550sp) w/remote start (redlight hidden so it looks like it has no alarm)
Freshly repainted the stock BlueGreen color by a very reputable body shop. Car looks and performs like brand new. Flawless on the insode and the outside (one scratch that could not be avoided.

That's all the mods I can think of right now. Car idles smoothly and throws no CEL's. Sunroof still works (Sticks a little when its cold sometimes). I yanked the AC system out of it because it never worked (Which is also why I upgraded to the CTR pulley). I took the cruise control unit out because I had the aftermarket steering wheel but I havethe stock airbag, steering wheel and cruise control unit if you want it.

I also took the rear wiper off but I still have the motor and everything.

I want to sell because I want a house. I know I could get more for the car if I put it back to stock and sell my parts seperately but I don't want to go thru the hassle of finding stock struts and a D16Z6. The sooner i sell the sooner I can put my self in a position to get a house next year.

Altogether i could get 15g's (between the car and the parts) but with time being an issue (plus patience and a little bit of laziness on my part).

I feel like 13,000 is a fair price for this car. i know its a 10 year civic but with a fresh motor and a fresh paint fob this car will look and perform like new for another 10 years (or until its new owner molests it and either a) blows it up or b) totals it out.

I posted this on here before the vehicle for sale section for a few reasons. The main one is to find out what you guys think its worth....... <U>NOT HOW MUCH YOU'D PAY FOR IT</U> .

I know a lot of people like to lowball and **** but for the reasons I'm selling the car (To get out of debt quicker) I can't afford to take a bigger hit then I already am.

So how do you think I can sell this car for. or how much would you sell the car for if you were in my shoes.

Modified by Apex i ITR at 8:59 AM 11/2/2003
Old 10-31-2003, 06:55 AM

Default Re: I know this isn't neccesarily the place for it but I need to know how much you'd sell this car f

Man thats a really sweet ride.. It sucks you have to let it go.. I think its easily worth 12k.. but your prolly gonna have a hard time selling it. There are not many people who can come up with that kind cash, the bank woulden't give crap for it.
Good luck selling it.. its sweet!
Old 10-31-2003, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I know this isn't neccesarily the place for it but I need to know how much you'd sell this car f

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stupid fast 5.0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Man thats a really sweet ride.. It sucks you have to let it go.. I think its easily worth 12k.. but your prolly gonna have a hard time selling it. There are not many people who can come up with that kind cash, the bank woulden't give crap for it.
Good luck selling it.. its sweet!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks. I'll be back in full force hopefully later next year but for right now I need ot do this for more then just me. *sigh* Gotta be an adult every once and a while. lol.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You know what would help sell that car, you selling me your front lip and headlights

Whatcha think? lol, no super clean car!
Old 10-31-2003, 07:14 AM

i hate my slow comp...
Old 10-31-2003, 07:15 AM

that car is nice, better in person.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd start with asking 12-12.5k, I think you could get it if you are patient and not in a hurry to sell the car.

Anyway, that is a damn fine car.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

13-14k
Old 10-31-2003, 07:23 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

I think what we'll see is this:

1. People not looking to buy the car will probably say the car is worth anywhere from $12,000.00-$14,000.00.

2. People looking to buy the car will lowball the hell out of it and say under $10,000.00.

Hurrell, stay patient and take no less than $12,000.00 for that car.

Not only are the sum of the parts well over $12,000.00, but the labor and quality of the work done are of the highest calibur and IMO the car will fetch $12,000.00 if someone has the money and wants a "done" car.

Good luck if you decide to get out. Anyone trying to talk **** on you for it is probably well in debt for a car and has their prioroties out of whack.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for all the kind words guys.

I'm not in a rush is the funny thing. My wife would like me to get rid of it tomorrow but since I'm so attached to the car I don't think I'd take any less then 13-12k anyway so lowballers can try but I'm not desperate. I'm going to stop driving it in a few days anyway.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That car is awesome! ask 14k, then drop it to 13K. If still no luck, drop it to 12k and keep it there until someone buys it.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sell me your rims!!!!
Old 10-31-2003, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i say post it on jdmhondaparts, and hold true to 15k i think you can get it for that car. don not lowball yourself for your baby!
Old 10-31-2003, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I know everyone is going to want parts off the car....I would ask for that too. The thing is I don't want to deal with the hassle of putting the car back to stock....I'll come out basically the same way with mroe stress.

I'd sell you the wheels but the whole car has to go with it. Sorry.

And know I will not sell the hood or lip or duck bill or engine or anything seperate. Lol. Damn vultures.

The only thing I've thought of doing is selling the motor sepearately adn then selling the chassis seperately with everything on it. But I don't want to bother with shipping a motor and shipping a shell. Then I can get into how much the shell is worht etc etc. Just not worth it to go thru all that.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by endyn'ed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i say post it on jdmhondaparts, and hold true to 15k i think you can get it for that car. don not lowball yourself for your baby! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Man I would get out of it and walk home if I could get that for this car.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:54 AM

I've seen your car inperson, you should stick w/your price, a real car person will buy it.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw you bought your motor brand new from acura? How much did that set you back? If you don't mind my asking....
Old 10-31-2003, 08:03 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, that looks sick as hell. Any lower than $12k would be a crime against humanity. You WILL sell it for $12k+ .

Bump for a wicked ride.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I bought the head for under 2k and the block for undr 2k. I don't want divulge the acutal price I paid but the potential will see the reciepts.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Before you sell it, can i rape it???

Thats one bad *** hatch, it's a sin you gotta get rid of it. But just think, new project car to come!
Old 10-31-2003, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcdelsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Before you sell it, can i rape it???

Thats one bad *** hatch, it's a sin you gotta get rid of it. But just think, new project car to come!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hopefully. That's what is making it easier to sell the car. Bigger and better things this time next year.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

no dont tell me im gonna lose my twin. man i just got my carbon fiber hood too. i hope you get what you want for it man. sad to see it go
Old 10-31-2003, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've been sad the last couple of days like I'm losing a close friend. lol.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:37 AM

ebay...people look for built cars on there all the time...some rich kid will beg his dad to buy it for him...and if you dont get what you want for it on there dont sell it...keep trying, i'm telling you somebody will buy it....bump for a sweet hatch
Old 10-31-2003, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Apex i ITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've been sad the last couple of days like I'm losing a close friend. lol.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Close friend??? it's like loosing your own child. to much for it and you gotta get rid of it. jsut a sin

Quick Reply: I know this isn't neccesarily the place for it but I need to know how much you'd sell this car for??