Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I just lived your dream! Caught a guy in the act of stealing my car, nearly shot him.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just lived your dream! Caught a guy in the act of stealing my car, nearly shot him.

So it was midnight and I was just at that point where you are falling asleep and still awake at the same time....then I heard my car door open. You know how you know every little creek and moan your car makes? Well my drivers door squeaks when you open it. I jumped out of bed and my wife didn't even budge. I live in Arizona and the gun laws here are pretty lax, so I have my conceal and carry permit, so I pretty much have a gun on me at all times because I have been car jacked before.

So I grab my gun off my night stand, run down stairs and I see broken glass on my driveway, my passenger window is blown out and my drivers side door is open. So I walk over to inspect the damage expecting to see my radio gone (this would have been the third time it was stolen) and there is this mexican dude with his head under my stearing wheel, doesn't even see me walk up. So I point my glock right at his head and I yelled something.....the adrenaline is pumping at this point. He jumps up so fast that is scares me and I swear to you I came with in inches of blowing him away...I would have been sitting in jail right now. The dude literally is pissing his pants, freaking out. So I am like yelling at the guy and I am pissed because I almost shot him. I'm like "what the **** are you doing....blah blah." He just keeps saying "don't shoot, don't shoot!"

My wife finally gets her *** out of bed and calls the cops and while they are coming I am just sitting there holding this guy at gun point. When they show up they draw their guns on me, then figure out a guy in his underware probably isn't trying to steal a car....so I tell them what happened. The best part is, the guy admitted that he was trying to steal my radio and not the car, but the officer is charging him with attempted grand theft auto...or something like that...a huge felony with years of jail time, plus he is a multiple offender.

After getting a lecture from both the cop and my wife I am selling my hand guns and am not going to carry them anymore. The cop said I could have been charged with battery for holding a gun on him but because I felt physically threatened (wink, wink) they were going to let it slide. This cop was so cool. So I learned my lesson the easy way I guess. In case you are wondering, I live in an upscale neighborhood, the thevies just love my car for some reason (White, 94 EX coupe)

The moral of this story? Thank god I am too cheap to run the air conditioner or else my bedroom window would have been closed. Also, don't carry a gun for purposed other than recreation.
Ryan
Old 04-02-2003, 11:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I just lived your dream! Caught a guy in the act of stealing my car, nearly shot him. (Ryanwb)

Another theive gone.Good job.
Old 04-02-2003, 11:37 PM
TSPeed Factory

Default Re: I just lived your dream! Caught a guy in the act of stealing my car, nearly shot him. (Ryanwb)

hahahha...nice job
Old 04-02-2003, 11:43 PM

Default Re: I just lived your dream! Caught a guy in the act of stealing my car, nearly shot him. (Azntagge

damn i wish u had shot him, and he survived, and he was paralyzed and then he had to stay in jail for like 20 years. I think you coulda got off, just say u feared for your life.
Old 04-02-2003, 11:44 PM
jus f0 dekarayshunZ

Default Re: I just lived your dream! Caught a guy in the act of stealing my car, nearly shot him. (Azntagge

good job mate...good thing you didnt do anything dumb though thieves
Old 04-03-2003, 12:00 AM
New User

i would just put 2 in the chest, 1 in the head, and call it a night.
Old 04-03-2003, 12:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thats ****** awesome!!! If you shot him, you could have felt guilty for a long time. So I guess its a good thing that you didnt shoot. If I saw someone doing the same to my baby, I probably would have. Did you think about pistol-whipping the **** out of him?! LOL...... Well alls well and you still have a car and radio.

[Modified by JDMjdawg, 1:04 AM 4/3/2003]
Old 04-03-2003, 12:05 AM

i would of said, "how do you like the taste of hot lead in the morning, mothafuka?"
Old 04-03-2003, 12:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Personally, I would have pistol-whipped the **** out of him. I've always wanted to do that, it would've been an excellent opportunity to release some stress. With all that adrenaline though, you could kill someone easily. Oh well, in jail someone will steal something of his..............his *** virginity!!!!! hahahaha Die thieves!!!
Old 04-03-2003, 12:19 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

good stuff
Old 04-03-2003, 12:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

fawking owned
Old 04-03-2003, 12:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OH man that sounds crazy. I bet you concentrating on your finger trying not to squeeze it...

I know all I would be thinking about is not to accidently pull that trigger - but knowing that I didn't have an intention to kill him just scare the **** right out of his pants.

Good job though...
Old 04-03-2003, 12:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn man. Nice job. Don't f*ck around when it comes to that!

Thieves =
Old 04-03-2003, 01:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

You need "Driveway Patrol". I bought one on sale $14.99 ($10 off).

[Modified by Outrun, 10:08 AM 4/3/2003]
Old 04-03-2003, 01:42 AM

Default Re: I just lived your dream! Caught a guy in the act of stealing my car, nearly shot him. (Outrun)

good job, dudes in jail, yuor back in bed, still have your radio, nothing bad about that.
Old 04-03-2003, 01:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

another down, millions more to go.... but one can make a difference . good job
Old 04-03-2003, 04:22 AM

Default Re: I just lived your dream! Caught a guy in the act of stealing my car, nearly shot him. (Drunk-N-

hunter .. have a on me
i like to chop up a situation like this as a good reason why i would never own a gun.
atleast you made the right decision by not shooting him cuz than you be stuck in jail and your wife would be devisated..and think about it.. p*ssy is so much better than just ***
Old 04-03-2003, 04:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The sad part is the guy will be out of jail in less than a year . He will be right back stealing peoples stuff . Honestly I probably wouldn't have shot him, But he would have gotten a shot from the butt of the gun and I would have kicked the living crap out of him. I am not trying to sound all tough, I am just psycho when people mess with my stuff .
Old 04-03-2003, 04:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I just lived your dream! Caught a guy in the act of stealing my car, nearly shot him. (broncoma

I think he did the right thing. Chances are that if he would have injured that punkass in any way then as soon as he did get out of jail he would want to come back and get him back for it. I actually think its possible that the thief might never steal from someone again. I mean damn.... he was a hair triggers length away from a very dark future. It would make me think twice about doing it again.
Old 04-03-2003, 04:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I just lived your dream! Caught a guy in the act of stealing my car, nearly shot him. (broncoma

****, you like johnny bravo! go go go go dawg.

guns are for pussies.
Old 04-03-2003, 05:51 AM

Good job!

But the sad thing is that you almost got in trouble for protecting your own property from a buttslam like him!!! Damn laws favour the criminals more than the victims sometimes.
Old 04-03-2003, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

guns are for pussies.
w3rd....next time beat his *** man to man, or use a bat or something
Old 04-03-2003, 05:59 AM

Good work, glad you didn't kill him.
Old 04-03-2003, 06:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn, I wish we all could be as lucky as you are...that is such a cool story. Good job with getting another thief off the streets
Old 04-03-2003, 06:08 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

For you guys saying he should have assaulted the thief, do you guys not understand that in the REAL world the thief has rights too and had he shot or even punched the thief the owner of the car would be in jail right there with the thief.

It sucks, but it is REALITY and no matter how cool you think you are telling him he should have shot/pistol whipped/beat the guy down, etc. the bottom line is that he kept a cool head and that's why someone's not dead and he's not in jail for MURDER.

Shooting him would have been wrong unless the guy made a move to pull out a weapon, and had he shot him and the police found no weapon he'd be looking at murder charges - is that worth a ******* radio or even your CIVIC?

No.

Good job bro, you probably scared that thief straight more so than any amount of jailtime would.

People make mistakes. People steal and some people can be reformed and taught a lesson.

I was young once (still am at 24 this Sunday, but I mean really young ) and I did a lot of really stupid **** and had some Dirty Harry ************ shot me while I was doing something stupid then I guess I'd be fucked huh? I would not ever even think of stealing anything these days, but back in my 17-18 year old days I did some really bad **** that Karma has been paying me back for throughout these years. I'm glad i'm still alive because of level-headed people like this guy who did NOT shoot the criminal.

Think about it the next time you tell someone that they should have killed a guy over a ******* car stereo.

Quick Reply: I just lived your dream! Caught a guy in the act of stealing my car, nearly shot him.