Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I just got my Spoon ECU in and my VTEC is not kicking in, I think the directions they gave me are wr

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just got my Spoon ECU in and my VTEC is not kicking in, I think the directions they gave me are wr

I got my Spoon ECU in for my B16, the ECU is a P28, the directions they gave were to disconnect the battery cable and plug in the ECU and wait 10 min. then start it. So I did and went to drive it and my VTEC is not kicking in and from like 6500 to 8000 RPMs the engine does not sound like it did with my stock ECU. It sounds like it is straining or something. Does anyone have experiance with this. Thanks.
Old 06-03-2006, 05:18 PM

Default Re: I just got my Spoon ECU in and my VTEC is not kicking in, I think the directions they gave me ar

you don't need a spoon ecu, is it some kinda ebay special, my guess is thats your problem, just a shitty progam on your chip, go back to stock
Old 06-03-2006, 05:23 PM

Default Re: I just got my Spoon ECU in and my VTEC is not kicking in, I think the directions they gave me ar

I did get it off of Ebay, but it is a $205 Spoon sports ECU.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...&rd=1
Old 06-03-2006, 05:26 PM

its not a spoon sports ecu, its a chipped p28 with a custom program, and they say its spoon, it might be, but its probably not, and even if it is y ou don't need it, ecu tuning needs to be done on an individual basis, there is no magic tune that will get everyone with every setup more hp, but hey, ya got a chipped ecu, buy a burner, learn crome or neptune or something, and put i on a dyno
Old 06-03-2006, 05:28 PM

anybody else.
Old 06-03-2006, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by littlegreenb18 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its not a spoon sports ecu, its a chipped p28 with a custom program, and they say its spoon, it might be, but its probably not, and even if it is y ou don't need it, ecu tuning needs to be done on an individual basis, there is no magic tune that will get everyone with every setup more hp, but hey, ya got a chipped ecu, buy a burner, learn crome or neptune or something, and put i on a dyno</TD></TR></TABLE>

X2

Sorry, but he is absolutely correct. Nothing he said is misinformative. (I think you just don't want to accept it) Sorry
Old 06-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah bro, sorry but you got ripped off.
Old 06-03-2006, 05:58 PM

Default Re: (T-RO)

Thats ****** bull ****, I dont know if you guys have heard of th Prepaid Legal system but its a prepaid lawyer that I got and I'm about to sue there ***. I'm getting every pennie back. Thanks for the replies though.
Old 06-03-2006, 06:05 PM
Night Owl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's not a terrible price for a chipped ecu.. unchipped p28s usually go for $120 plus. just get someone to tune it crome or uberdata
Old 06-03-2006, 06:07 PM

what do you do to have it tuned and where might someone be, also about how much for it to be tuned.
Old 06-03-2006, 06:09 PM
Night Owl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you could get it dyno tuned.. that would be your best bet.. but that's gonna be 400+ try just finding someone in your area that is good w/ crome.
Old 06-03-2006, 06:13 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shutupnskate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that's not a terrible price for a chipped ecu.. unchipped p28s usually go for $120 plus. just get someone to tune it crome or uberdata </TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree, its not a terriable price, just learn how to do it, or pay the money to have it done, look at this as a semi expensive life lesson. i think at one point or another everybody has had an expensive ebay lesson, mine was don't buy from forign countries, because paypal and ebay can't do anything if its outside of america, i still don't have a cargo cover
Old 06-03-2006, 06:20 PM

YO MAN ANOTHER THING IS IF YOUR V-TEC ISN'T KICKING IN THEN THE PROGRAM ON IT HAS A V-TEC ELIMINATOR FOR HIGH BOOST. DID U EVER CHECK ON ALL THE INFO ON THE AUCTION OR CONFIRMED EVERYTHING ON IT FROM THE SELLER. I'M REAL PICKY WHEN IT COMES 2 EBAY SO I GET AS MUCH INFO FROM THE SELLER BEFORE I BID. BUT IF U WANNA RE PROGRAMED THEN GO WITH UBERDATA OR CROME.
Old 06-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by littlegreenb18 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i still don't have a cargo cover </TD></TR></TABLE>

hahahahahahaha. Sorry but I died when I read that. Not because its funny you got ripped, but because I've been trying to find a cargo cover for months now .
Old 06-03-2006, 07:08 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B20 EJ6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hahahahahahaha. Sorry but I died when I read that. Not because its funny you got ripped, but because I've been trying to find a cargo cover for months now . </TD></TR></TABLE>

its a bitch aint it...

a buddy of mine has a dx that came with one, and he said i could probably have it, but its grey and i have black interior
Old 06-03-2006, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Why did you lower your vtec to 4400? Its probably not as noticable, becuase you dont hear the crossover dude. Not only that, think of the power you are loosing by lowering vtec that low.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

alot of these ECUs from spoon and mugen are meant to be used with their specific group of mods. such as cams, valve springs, intakes, exhaust, etc....you didnit really think you can take advantage of the claimed 9100RPM redline on a stock motor, did you?