Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I just drive a civic..........

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just drive a civic..........

Anybody ever just realize, wow, its a ******* civic. I have dumped so much money into a civic. I coulda bought a almost new m3. wow. a civic. with no powersteering and no a/c. But I could had a downpayment on a house by now.

Just a damn civic

Just one of those days.........
Old 07-20-2004, 05:46 PM

Default Re: I just drive a civic.......... (Calculator)

No...but I'm sure the people that were dumb enough to put THAT much money into their car without any gratifying results have felt that way. If you're going to do it, know what you're doing.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I just drive a civic.......... (chronodyne28)

welcome to the club
Old 07-20-2004, 05:51 PM

Time for u to find a new hobby!
Old 07-20-2004, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I just drive a civic.......... (thrty8street)

I agree that my car is just a civic...

but then again, it's my hobby...I don't mind dumping money into it, it's not an investment or anything, I know I won't get my money out of it....

I enjoy looking for parts, buying them, putting them on my car, then selling them etc...if I didn't enjoy the whole process I wouldn't do it!
Old 07-20-2004, 05:56 PM
I really don't know

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

umm, i dont have alot of money into my civic. Id rather spend $$$ on nice clothes rather than my civic.
Nice pair of ferragamo loafers will last a long time, get you farther than driving a civic.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:59 PM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: I just drive a civic.......... (JDM EK9)

shut up
Old 07-20-2004, 06:01 PM

Default Re: I just drive a civic.......... (JDM EK9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM EK9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">umm, i dont have alot of money into my civic. Id rather spend $$$ on nice clothes rather than my civic.
Nice pair of ferragamo loafers will last a long time, get you farther than driving a civic. </TD></TR></TABLE>

But the civic will get you where you are going faster. Plus girls don't want to be picked up in a pair of loafers.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:06 PM

Default Re: I just drive a civic.......... (crashN2u)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crashN2u &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">But the civic will get you where you are going faster. Plus girls don't want to be picked up in a pair of loafers.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lmfao
Old 07-20-2004, 06:08 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Calculator &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anybody ever just realize, wow, its a ******* civic. I have dumped so much money into a civic. I coulda bought a almost new m3. wow. a civic. with no powersteering and no a/c. But I could had a downpayment on a house by now.

Just a damn civic

Just one of those days.........</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chronodyne28 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No...but I'm sure the people that were dumb enough to put THAT much money into their car without any gratifying results have felt that way. If you're going to do it, know what you're doing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ1 wilcox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I agree that my car is just a civic...

but then again, it's my hobby...I don't mind dumping money into it, it's not an investment or anything, I know I won't get my money out of it....

I enjoy looking for parts, buying them, putting them on my car, then selling them etc...if I didn't enjoy the whole process I wouldn't do it!</TD></TR></TABLE>

They basically summed it up.
I've come to the point now where i'm moving on, I love racing my car but it's not something i can do with my daughter. She's old enough now to go do outdoor activities such as water skiing, tubing, just relaxing out in the water,fishing etc....so with that said i'm selling my car and putting a down payment on a new boat that the both of us can enjoy. I've had fun with it and would love to keep it but having a morgage, truck payment and upkeep on the house I have to give up one toy for another (actually 3 toys I'm also getting a few quad's).....it's only her and I......and you know how girls are, they always need money...even if they are only 4 years old.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:09 PM

Default Re: I just drive a civic.......... (chronodyne28)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chronodyne28 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No...but I'm sure the people that were dumb enough to put THAT much money into their car without any gratifying results have felt that way. If you're going to do it, know what you're doing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well put. This thread is just pointless.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Calculator &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anybody ever just realize, wow, its a ******* civic. I have dumped so much money into a civic. I coulda bought a almost new m3. wow. a civic. with no powersteering and no a/c. But I could had a downpayment on a house by now.

Just a damn civic

Just one of those days.........</TD></TR></TABLE>
If you spent enough money on a civic to buy an almost new m3, then you can probably smoke vettes/vipers/M5s! like crazy with a CIVIC! Now bet they don't feel to impressed with their cars anymore, let alone the respect you get from them with your CIVIC.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i hope you have at least enjoyed spending them benjamins
Old 07-20-2004, 06:34 PM
PSU
formerly DxHatchback

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

of course, you could have bought that m3

chances are you bought parts for your car in stages

you didnt spend $40,000 on your little civic in one lump sum

you gradually bought parts, $100 here, $200 there

the civic is prolly paid off, and will be faster for less money than an m3

i also heard car payments are annoying
Old 07-20-2004, 06:42 PM
Electrician

Wow, I just notiecd something, you have a Civic, we all have Civics. This isn't General Discussion and Debate. Wow.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:46 PM

Default Re: (Dimi)

Moo.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:51 PM

Default Re: (crashN2u)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crashN2u &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Moo.</TD></TR></TABLE>

DUDE! YOU'RE JOCKING MY LINE!!!!!
Old 07-20-2004, 06:52 PM
B A N N E D

I smoke m3s all day no problem. be happy you drive a civic
Old 07-20-2004, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

welcome to the club atleast ur proud of wat ur doing
Old 07-20-2004, 06:57 PM

Default Re: (chronodyne28)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chronodyne28 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">DUDE! YOU'RE JOCKING MY LINE!!!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I see no moo in your post.
Old 07-20-2004, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (crashN2u)

******* MOO!!!!111!!!!One1one!!!
Old 07-20-2004, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (kaoss_11)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kaoss_11 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I smoke m3s all day no problem. be happy you drive a civic </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-20-2004, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HATCHingMN)

and for all those who have bought 40k+ cars and been smoked by civics...........well it was just a civic
And what's up with this moo thing anyways? I personally don't like it.
Old 07-20-2004, 07:31 PM

Default Re: (murtnabila)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by murtnabila &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and for all those who have bought 40k+ cars and been smoked by civics...........well it was just a civic
And what's up with this moo thing anyways? I personally don't like it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

MOO!!! beeyatch!
Old 07-20-2004, 07:41 PM

Default Re: I just drive a civic.......... (b16ahybrid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16ahybrid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They basically summed it up.
I've come to the point now where i'm moving on, I love racing my car but it's not something i can do with my daughter. She's old enough now to go do outdoor activities such as water skiing, tubing, just relaxing out in the water,fishing etc....so with that said i'm selling my car and putting a down payment on a new boat that the both of us can enjoy. I've had fun with it and would love to keep it but having a morgage, truck payment and upkeep on the house I have to give up one toy for another (actually 3 toys I'm also getting a few quad's).....it's only her and I......and you know how girls are, they always need money...even if they are only 4 years old. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Cars are fun...but daughters are priceless. People are what this life is about. Your daughter means more than any car ever could. Appreciate every god damned second with her. She is priceless.

I lost my daughter about 9 years ago...so I am really emotional on this point.

Quick Reply: I just drive a civic..........