Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I hit a deer! need major help

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hit a deer! need major help

hey guyz about a month ago i hit a deer and did some major damage to the hood and the bumper (honda del sol 94 - manual trans) - i got a work shop in detroit to do the whole body work for 12 hundred.. and he screwed me over ... did a real half *** job... i hate it.. n e wayz i guess i can live with it.. but the problem is that the radiator was damaged so he dropped in a new one.. and now the fan is not spinning.. he is trying to say its not the alternator.. and its some electrical thing..
is that true? how can i go about handling this situaiton ? any advice is needed?
the f#cker said 1000 when i first took the car too him.. the next day when i dropped it off and we did the contract.. he said ok $1200 for everything.. now that its done... the air conditioning fan and **** is just hanging in there.. and he tied it up with those plastic tie up things... radiator as i saaid is not spinning.. and he charged me an extra 105 on top of the 1200
plz help me some1
Old 05-24-2005, 06:39 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: I hit a deer! need major help (ca_delsol)

please stay in school
Old 05-24-2005, 07:01 PM

dude, even tho i ask and say some stupid ish at times, but ur getting ripped up the ***. find someone else. u can like find a friend and DIY cheaper. -=D
Old 05-24-2005, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you're pro
Old 05-24-2005, 07:39 PM

guyz i understand i got ripped and what not.. but can someone plz help me at this stage.. with the radiator?
Old 05-24-2005, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

English words maybe?

I would have sold you a stock rad for like $40 and then your fans would be zip tied on. Why he even messed with the ac fan I dont know.

Why dont you play with some things on it yourself? Check to see if the fan will kick on when just connected to the battery (as a test).

Should have taken the whole thing farther north and gotten the work done out of the D. Either way...get your car out of that place and take it elsewhere asap
Old 05-24-2005, 07:53 PM

Default Re: (ca_delsol)

So....is the car overheating ?......the electric fan is not turning on at the right temp ?
Not sure what to tell 'ya bud...
BBB Better Business Bureau ?
Hire Guido and Luigi and make the guy an offer he can't refuse ?
Old 05-24-2005, 08:02 PM

i'm taking the guy to court for small claims.. if he doesn't do the job as written on the write up...

n e wayz... where i stand right now is that the fan on the radiator is not kicking in.. the car is not over heating though.. i only drove it for about 30-40 mins today - from the workshop to my house but when i poped the hood when i got home. the fan was not spinning and the temp reading was more toward the cold side... (i live in detroit - the weather was pretty cool today- so im' not sure if that was a reason that the fan did not start up)

i know that alot of stuff i'm saying might sound stupid and dumb.. but i dont know too much about cars..

i really appriciate u guyz helping me
Old 05-24-2005, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The fan will not turn on unless the car reaches a certain temperature. It was cooler today and yesterday and the different rad might be more efficient than the other one, causing the fan to not need to turn on
Old 05-24-2005, 08:18 PM

well than i guess that might be it... thats what the A##hole from the workshop told me.. and i didn't believe him.. cuz he lied about everythign else so much...

i guess i'll give it a good run 2morrow and hopefully once it reaches that temp.. the fan will spin.. what would be the best way to test if the fan is spining? just check randomly?
Old 05-25-2005, 04:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Try just getting it up to temp normally.
If that fails and you start to overheat (watch the gauge) then pop the hood and find the fan electrical connector (easy to spot, under the coolant reservoir). Pop it out and do a quick hard wire test (hope you have some wire) to the battery to see if it'll spin.
If your car lights, radio, etc all work while the car is running it certainly isnt your alternator...but you can have autozone check that for free (if you remove it from the car).
Old 05-25-2005, 07:30 PM

Default Re: (ca_delsol)

im thinking it is just a wire taht is unpluged that hasnt been noticed yet.

a while back my friend's rex wasnt starting, him and 2 other of my friends have been there for a 1 or so. just so happens someone came and helped them out, he spotted a wire that is suppose to be connected to the start, it was loose. haha!
(i don't know how this info will help but yeah!) im just saying check around the hood and stuff to see if u can see anything loose.

i would say give back the radiator for a refund. Sell the old one for like 40 bux like pdiggitydogg said. Go on ebay and buy one for like 70 bux or lowest price u can get. -=D did so for my civic.

Good luck bro