Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

i have a question about a 92-95 civic ex turboed

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i have a question about a 92-95 civic ex turboed

I was wondering about a ballpark range of how much whp a stock 92-95 civic ex with only i/h/e would get with a really cheap straight out of a box 7psi turbo slapped on it and no other upgrades or internals changed. thanks
Old 11-19-2007, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i have a question about a 92-95 civic ex turboed (Timbo88)

get on a dyno....
Old 11-19-2007, 10:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: i have a question about a 92-95 civic ex turboed (VRD^sam)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VRD^sam &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">get on a dyno....</TD></TR></TABLE>
lol. it depends on the size of the turbo and how good of a tune u get.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well your gonna have to buy a a turbo header and turbo intake so that the turbo can work. and with 7psi u can definitely hit the 857whp.

thats what i'm gonna do is just buy a turbo and slap this **** right on its the best bolt on money can buy
Old 11-19-2007, 10:52 PM

Default Re: i have a question about a 92-95 civic ex turboed (93egSLEEPER)

well this is why i ask. there is this kid i know, and well he is a *** to say the least. he has a lame riced out 94 ex and he bought the cheapest ebay turbo. he said he just put it on and didn't tune it or anything, and now he is trying to tell me and all my friends that our cars are slow pieces of crap and that his is making 200 hp to the wheels. he didnt upgrade anything at all on it, and i just wanted some type of factual backing so that next time i can for sure call him an idiot. well he is already an idiot for running a turbo on a bone stock engine and tranny and not even altered ecu, not to mention the car has somewhere near 200k miles on it, but he just made me mad that he is trying to say he has 200 whp. i just wanted a ball park estimate so i could shove it in his face.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:02 PM

Default Re: i have a question about a 92-95 civic ex turboed (92civicx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92civicx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well your gonna have to buy a a turbo header and turbo intake so that the turbo can work. and with 7psi u can definitely hit the 857whp.

thats what i'm gonna do is just buy a turbo and slap this **** right on its the best bolt on money can buy</TD></TR></TABLE>
dont be obnoxious
Old 11-19-2007, 11:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

maybe fmu...
you dont need to chip the ecu to make a turbo kit work.

this is a dumb thread.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:02 AM

Default Re: i have a question about a 92-95 civic ex turboed (MR.johnson)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MR.johnson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">maybe fmu...
you dont need to chip the ecu to make a turbo kit work.

this is a dumb thread.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
you dont need to, but you should let your ecu know that you have a turbo. that is besides the point. i just want someone educated answer. that is all. i thought there would be someone who could just pop in and say an answer.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Timbo88 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was wondering about a ballpark range of how much whp a stock 92-95 civic ex with only i/h/e would get with a really cheap straight out of a box 7psi turbo slapped on it and no other upgrades or internals changed. thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Timbo88 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
you dont need to, but you should let your ecu know that you have a turbo. that is besides the point. i just want someone educated answer. that is all. i thought there would be someone who could just pop in and say an answer.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You need to understand that different turbo's will make different HP. It's not an easy question to answer. You didn't give us enough info.

I had a D16z6 making over 586WHP. Even to get 200WHP safely on stock internals takes some knowledge to make it last.

Old 11-20-2007, 06:41 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Timbo88 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well this is why i ask. there is this kid i know, and well he is a *** to say the least. he has a lame riced out 94 ex and he bought the cheapest ebay turbo. he said he just put it on and didn't tune it or anything, and now he is trying to tell me and all my friends that our cars are slow pieces of crap and that his is making 200 hp to the wheels. he didnt upgrade anything at all on it, and i just wanted some type of factual backing so that next time i can for sure call him an idiot. well he is already an idiot for running a turbo on a bone stock engine and tranny and not even altered ecu, not to mention the car has somewhere near 200k miles on it, but he just made me mad that he is trying to say he has 200 whp. i just wanted a ball park estimate so i could shove it in his face.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If it's a cheap ebay kit with an FMU on stock internals he could be making anywhere between 130whp to maybe 180whp. Like others said though, it's tough to give numbers without some specs. Even then it's still really just throwing out ballpark numbers. I'm hesitant to put numbers at all.

If all your looking to do is refute his claims then you don't need any facts at all. All you need to do is point out that he has no facts to back his argument. How does he know he's making 200whp when it hasn't been tuned? If it hasn't been tuned then it almost certainly hasn't been on a dyno and some ******** butt dyno doesn't count. The power claims that the ebay sellers put on the auction are a joke too. I seriously doubt they have ever had any of their kits on a dyno. He really has no way of knowing how much power he's making and is just talking out his a$$. Throw that at him and see what he has to say.

Old 11-20-2007, 06:49 AM

Default Re: i have a question about a 92-95 civic ex turboed (1992Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1992Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You need to understand that different turbo's will make different HP. It's not an easy question to answer. You didn't give us enough info.

I had a D16z6 making over 586WHP. Even to get 200WHP safely on stock internals takes some knowledge to make it last.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FarinaMotorsports &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If it's a cheap ebay kit with an FMU on stock internals he could be making anywhere between 130whp to maybe 180whp. Like others said though, it's tough to give numbers without some specs. Even then it's still really just throwing out ballpark numbers. I'm hesitant to put numbers at all.

If all your looking to do is refute his claims then you don't need any facts at all. All you need to do is point out that he has no facts to back his argument. How does he know he's making 200whp when it hasn't been tuned? If it hasn't been tuned then it almost certainly hasn't been on a dyno and some ******** butt dyno doesn't count. The power claims that the ebay sellers put on the auction are a joke too. I seriously doubt they have ever had any of their kits on a dyno. He really has no way of knowing how much power he's making and is just talking out his a$$. Throw that at him and see what he has to say.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

and lets just say he is makeing 200whp motor all stock on turbo with out a tune it wont last very long

p.s ebay turbo manifolds suck I here the break easy, let me know if I am wrong HT
Old 11-20-2007, 07:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i have a question about a 92-95 civic ex turboed (95 honda8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95 honda8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
p.s ebay turbo manifolds suck I here the break easy, let me know if I am wrong HT </TD></TR></TABLE>

you get what you pay for.

OP just laugh at the kid next time you see him
Old 11-20-2007, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: i have a question about a 92-95 civic ex turboed (boosted_EM1)

Give him the money for a dyno run.

Laugh in his face when he doesn't make his goal.

/thread.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:24 AM

Default Re: i have a question about a 92-95 civic ex turboed (black_EM1)

FAIL!
Old 11-20-2007, 10:29 AM

thanks guys. i was figuring about the same somewhere around 150 whp, i just wanted some backing. i mean this kid bought the cheapest piece of crap set up. and he literally threw it on and has been red lining it since he put it on, and hasnt done any type of tuning. he is just an idiot i just wanted some people with better knowledge to back me. i actually offered him a place that was doing 3 dyno runs for $35 for a thanksgiving special and he turned it down.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Re: (Timbo88)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Timbo88 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks guys. i was figuring about the same somewhere around 150 whp, i just wanted some backing. i mean this kid bought the cheapest piece of crap set up. and he literally threw it on and has been red lining it since he put it on, and hasnt done any type of tuning. he is just an idiot i just wanted some people with better knowledge to back me. i actually offered him a place that was doing 3 dyno runs for $35 for a thanksgiving special and he turned it down. </TD></TR></TABLE>

sounds like he knows he is full of crap to me and with him redlineing an untuned turbo car every where he goes it is just a matter of time until, booooom! (seen this way to many times)
Old 11-20-2007, 02:14 PM

Default Re: (Timbo88)

get him to raise the boost to about 15psi and let him rev it. just stand back.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Re: (racingrevolution07)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by racingrevolution07 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">get him to raise the boost to about 15psi and let him rev it. just stand back.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL!!!