Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I have a question

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a question

I had my car automatic and i made it stick today but when i put in the key it doesnt want to come out so i want to know if i have to put the other cables too and take out the old automatic ones
Old 06-10-2007, 05:33 PM

Default Re: I have a question (DRcjvjcallday)

More information please. Year, model, etc... your manual transmission is using cables? And what do you mean your key won't come out? It's stuck in the ignition?
Old 06-10-2007, 05:43 PM

I had the same problem with my ek and it's a simple fix. There should be a white plastic case that has a metal slide in it where your old automatic gear selector was. That has to be in the "P" position for it all to work properly, but it's no longer labeled... The car shouldn't really start unless that slide is in the Park or Neutral position. The best way I found was to slowly move it while trying to start the car, then Sharpie the correct position. Doing this will also let you get your key back. You can also move the slide and tuck it up into the dash for extra protection when in unfamiliar areas. Hope that worked out for ya.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Re: I have a question (Kingcobra33)

yeah it gets stock in the ignitioin
Old 06-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My buddy got the same issue with his hatch after he converted it from auto to stick
Old 06-10-2007, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by murray195 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">More information please. Year, model, etc... your manual transmission is using cables? And what do you mean your key won't come out? It's stuck in the ignition?</TD></TR></TABLE>
unneeded
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FastLife617 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My buddy got the same issue with his hatch after he converted it from auto to stick</TD></TR></TABLE>
wow very help full how about the fix?<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kingcobra33 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had the same problem with my ek and it's a simple fix. There should be a white plastic case that has a metal slide in it where your old automatic gear selector was. That has to be in the "P" position for it all to work properly, but it's no longer labeled... The car shouldn't really start unless that slide is in the Park or Neutral position. The best way I found was to slowly move it while trying to start the car, then Sharpie the correct position. Doing this will also let you get your key back. You can also move the slide and tuck it up into the dash for extra protection when in unfamiliar areas. Hope that worked out for ya.</TD></TR></TABLE>
listen to this guy i beleive its called a auto lockup control but then again its been a long time since i did this swap but you need to get the old auto thing into park then the key will come out