Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

i have a problem!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i have a problem!

i just got my first car yesterday!! a black ek !! the original owner had a b series in it but decided to take it out and sell it seperately so he dropped a stock 99 ex engine in it and sold me that. the engine runs fine and everything except theres a problem when it idles. the engine is kind of loaping and it sounds like its reving and also the check engine light is on. the one thing i only can see wrong is that the car is running with no air box/ air cleaner. could that be the problem? help me out please!!
Old 07-27-2006, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: i have a problem! (therforr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by therforr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i just got my first car yesterday!! a black ek !! the original owner had a b series in it but decided to take it out and sell it seperately so he dropped a stock 99 ex engine in it and sold me that. the engine runs fine and everything except theres a problem when it idles. the engine is kind of loaping and it sounds like its reving and also the check engine light is on. the one thing i only can see wrong is that the car is running with no air box/ air cleaner. could that be the problem? help me out please!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

airbox or filter.. WTF are you talking about... there's no intake?? just a tube....

DON'T TURN ON YOUR CAR!!!
Old 07-27-2006, 05:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First you need to Diagnose the CEL.. Go here to figure it out

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1171263

then report it back to us what the code is.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:24 PM

Default Re: i have a problem! (G2 Speed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by G2 Speed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

airbox or filter.. WTF are you talking about... there's no intake?? just a tube....

DON'T TURN ON YOUR CAR!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

its doesnt have anything at all.. its just the bare throtle body
Old 07-27-2006, 05:24 PM

Default Re: (JDMlyfestyle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlyfestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">First you need to Diagnose the CEL.. Go here to figure it out

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1171263

then report it back to us what the code is. </TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks !!!!
Old 07-27-2006, 05:28 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by G2 Speed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

DON'T TURN ON YOUR CAR!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

OOO POO. I ran my car to the track and ran it 8 passes and then drove home with no intake and might i add i live in a dusty *** corn field area and didnt have any effect on my car. if your that worried about go by a Fine Mesh Screen to put on so u can drive it.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get a stock intake system or find something to put over that throttle body, if u suck something in there the engine's fucked

then go to autozone and they'll run ur code for free, find out what CEL ur running, from there u can see if it's connected to the idle problem...
Old 07-27-2006, 05:36 PM

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">get a stock intake system or find something to put over that throttle body, if u suck something in there the engine's fucked

then go to autozone and they'll run ur code for free, find out what CEL ur running, from there u can see if it's connected to the idle problem...</TD></TR></TABLE>

why does he need to go to autozone? i just gave him my write up to help him figure out his code
Old 07-27-2006, 05:37 PM

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">get a stock intake system or find something to put over that throttle body, if u suck something in there the engine's fucked

then go to autozone and they'll run ur code for free, find out what CEL ur running, from there u can see if it's connected to the idle problem...</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah im on my way to buy some kind of intake anyways for safety's sake... thanks a lot guys!!!! much appreciated help! ill be back when i find out what code it is

Modified by therforr at 7:29 PM 7/27/2006
Old 07-27-2006, 11:29 PM

man G2 Speed why do you have to be a dick to everyone? almost everytime you reply to someone your have a smart *** reamark. why cant you just help the person out, bump the post so someone else can help him, or just shut the hell up.

Modified by batmanEK at 2:59 AM 7/28/2006