Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

my "FU!! CAR PROBLEMS" list

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my "FU!! CAR PROBLEMS" list

ok well first thing is first. I got code 14 and its the IACV, I took it off the car cleaned the crap out of it with break cleaner erased the code. car idles perfect and doesnt hunt for idle like it used to. 30 minutes later BAM code 14 but car still runs great WTF!?!?!(I added more coolant since some went out)

my drivers side ES mount wont stay in. I had broken a capturning nut and had to weld the bolt onto the frame in order to have a mount at all. but now the bolt that goes through the mount wont center up and the freaking ES mount is poping out at the bottom so I ziptied it in. the other side mount is doing just fine and works w/o a problem.

Since I removed the PS pump the dluid was kinda low so I added some fluid in, well now the freking resivuar is pissing fuild all under it . the hose on the bottom of the resivuar is dribling fluid slowly. here is a pic of how I reouted the hose.\

but yea this is just a little reat on the **** that I need to fix ASAP, but on top of that I need to install a parking brake(lol) after that its clutch time,then gauges, then boost .

bod damn I hate this car sometimes but without the bad there would be no good right?
Old 08-22-2006, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: my "FU!! CAR PROBLEMS" list (speedjunky01)

Reset the ECU properly after repairing any codes (pull the 7.5A backup fuse next to the battery and wait a couple of minutes).

The other problems are a result of you not doing things right, as you probably already know.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:47 PM

Default Re: my "FU!! CAR PROBLEMS" list (suspendedHatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by suspendedHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Reset the ECU properly after repairing any codes (pull the 7.5A backup fuse next to the battery and wait a couple of minutes).

The other problems are a result of you not doing things right, as you probably already know.</TD></TR></TABLE>

PS should be a rack swap, not a re-route.....

Yes, reset your ecu, check IACV again.

GL
Old 08-22-2006, 05:31 PM

Default Re: my "FU!! CAR PROBLEMS" list (Tuesday Club)

hey thanks guys, didn't know I had to do a whole rack swap but hey Im about doing it on the cheap, also turns out I over filled the system when I flushed the PS fluid. that's all it was so yea re-route worked fine lol. Im thinking of adding a breather some were in the system so it doesn't build up pressure constantly as you turn ya know?what rack should I swap in?

ill definitely rest the ECU tomorrow.

how should I have fixed a broken capturing nut inside of the frame? I just did the best I could any ideas on how to do it right??