Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I have a four door ex which is automatic and i want to swap it to manual....

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a four door ex which is automatic and i want to swap it to manual....

I have a 95 4dr civic ex which is automatic and i have a standard trany clutch and shift linkage i just need the clutch resevor and the petals i would like to know if there is any easier way or if it is a bitch?
Old 02-13-2005, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: I put on my robe and wizard hat, NY...err Bay Area--->Texas
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: I have a four door ex which is automatic and i want to swap it to manual.... (TeggyNY)

Hey man,

Your post is really confusing, its hard to tell what it is you're asking. But here goes anyway:

The pedals are a bitch, there is no way to get around that, you're going to be spending some time upside down on your back to get them on. Here are a couple of suggestions:

1- Drop the steering column
2- Take out the driver's seat (not hard, just four bolts and a connector)

Thats pretty much all you can do to make it a little bit easier, (at least that I found) Also, you make sure you also have an MT brake pedal, that is of course unless you want to cut your AT.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: I put on my robe and wizard hat, NY...err Bay Area--->Texas
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: I have a four door ex which is automatic and i want to swap it to manual.... (TeggyNY)

Hey man,

Your post is really confusing, its hard to tell what it is you're asking. But here goes anyway:

The pedals are a bitch, there is no way to get around that, you're going to be spending some time upside down on your back to get them on. Here are a couple of suggestions:

1- Drop the steering column
2- Take out the driver's seat (not hard, just four bolts and a connector)

Thats pretty much all you can do to make it a little bit easier, (at least that I found) Also, you make sure you also have an MT brake pedal, that is of course unless you want to cut your AT.

One more thing, people don't mention this nearly enough, but you also need the MT CLUTCH COVER, I've never heard anyone here mention this part, and its sort of important.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I have a four door ex which is automatic and i want to swap it to manual.... (HalfAnP)

well it is a difficult swap, there is no way to get around it without it being a bitch. if you know a good deal about cars i would say go for it, but otherwise, in my own opinion i would sell it and buy a manaul.