Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I hate Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate Wisconsin

So today it's only 2 degrees, Everything is frozen. along with my Coolant. I wouldnt be suprised if my oil and gas is too lol. I'm throwing codes left and right but the main one is ECT, Temp gauge doesnt work for like a half hour after driving.

I hate this state so bad, I swear to god If I could find a job in Clear Water FL from here I would move back in a heart beat!

Modified by wicked_b16eg at 5:27 PM 1/19/2008
Old 01-19-2008, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I hate Wisconsin (wicked_b16eg)

damn that sucks! its like 70 degrees and sunny in L.A right now.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:08 PM

Then move!!!!!!!!!

We don't want you here
Old 01-19-2008, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i use to live in clear water
Old 01-19-2008, 02:21 PM

Yea today i hopped on the freeway and my temp gauge went from normal temp all the way to cold. I love wisconsin though. I really cant wait for it to warm up.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (highflyinhonda)

<FONT COLOR="green"><FONT SIZE="10">GO PACKERS!!!!!</FONT></FONT>
Old 01-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (krazyhmongboi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by krazyhmongboi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i use to live in clear water </TD></TR></TABLE>

aint that where the first hooters opened up?
Old 01-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Sunny 75 degrees here with a nice gently, cool breeze.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:41 PM

Default Re: (clean rice)

lmao I would move, But I need to find a job there first!

It's not that I dis like Wisconsin, I just hate the fricking Cold!! LOL Milwaukee has to be cold then here in Racine lol.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:42 PM

Default Re: (actek23)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by actek23 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

aint that where the first hooters opened up? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup in 1982 I think

Clear Water is the shiz nit yO
Old 01-19-2008, 03:32 PM

Mmmm Hooters wings. So good. Milwaukee Current Temp: -4
Wind Chill: -23
Old 01-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (highflyinhonda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wicked_b16eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So today it's only 2 degrees, Everything is frozen. Coolant, gas and I wouldnt be suprised if my oil is too lol. I'm throwing codes left and right but the main one is ECT, Temp gauge doesnt work for like a half hour after driving.

I hate this state so bad, I swear to god If I could find a job in Clear Water FL from here I would move back in a heart beat!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You have major problems then. Junk the car.

2* isn't warm, but it sure as hell is a far cry from "cold" as far as your car is concerned - your coolant should be good up to about -40*F - also, fuel doesn't freeze solid until -200* - -300*F. It maintains usability past -75*F.

So you have major problems, such as leaks in the fuel and coolant systems and water HAS to be getting in there to freeze at a not very cold 3*. Garage it until winter when you can rip EVERYTHING out of it (all fuel lines gotta come out, fuel tank, entire fuel system on the engine) so you can find which parts are damaged.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:57 PM

Default Re: (Syndacate)

I think you should so a little more research on my car before you start saying things like this.

My 95 civic has only 60k on origanl body pannels with no rust any where. On top of that every part in the fuel system is less then 1.5 yrs old.

Basically what I'm saying is short is expletive OFF. You are not here to see first hand whats going on. Ontop of that my car is not the only car that this happened to.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (actek23)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by actek23 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

aint that where the first hooters opened up? </TD></TR></TABLE>

what's hooters?
Old 01-19-2008, 04:07 PM

Default Re: (krazyhmongboi)

LMAO

Google is you friend
Old 01-19-2008, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wicked_b16eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wicked_b16eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think you should so a little more research on my car before you start saying things like this.

My 95 civic has only 60k on origanl body pannels with no rust any where. On top of that every part in the fuel system is less then 1.5 yrs old.

Basically what I'm saying is short is expletive OFF. You are not here to see first hand whats going on. Ontop of that my car is not the only car that this happened to.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Me expletive off? You expletive off. You're talking out your expletiveing ***. Either your car is expletiveed up or you're lying your *** off.

GASOLINE WILL NOT FREEZE AT 2*F, NEITHER WILL ANTIFREEZE.

If you're freezing at that high a temp you got water in your system no doubt.

And of course the line of the hour:
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by moron &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You are not here to see first hand whats going on.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, beacuse it's not like it ever gets into negative degrees in UPSTATE NEW YORK.

The only thing you could possibly be looking at to effect is -40 where oil starts to gel and anti-freeze starts to freeze, your fuel should be good past -100.

I should do some research? I lived here all my life - you should do some expletiveing research...

And quote two:
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by retard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ontop of that my car is not the only car that this happened to.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So what you're really saying is this:
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by correctedbySyndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Me AND my ricer friends don't know how to take care of cars</TD></TR></TABLE>

expletive-off.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:23 PM

its been -20 here as a low for the past few days, and my car hasnt been driven for 2 and i just went out here not to long ago, and fired right up... somethings wrong with your car then. a 50/50 mix in your antifreeze will usually be stable till -40. also if your fuel is freezing, try some heet in there. that should obsorb the water in the lines and fuel.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:25 PM
Man U FTW

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wicked_b16eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So today it's only 2 degrees, Everything is frozen. Coolant, gas and I wouldnt be suprised if my oil is too lol. I'm throwing codes left and right but the main one is ECT, Temp gauge doesnt work for like a half hour after driving.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

The high in Fargo today was -8*F....quit bitching!
Old 01-19-2008, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Frickr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Frickr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its been -20 here as a low for the past few days, and my car hasnt been driven for 2 and i just went out here not to long ago, and fired right up... somethings wrong with your car then. a 50/50 mix in your antifreeze will usually be stable till -40. also if your fuel is freezing, try some heet in there. that should obsorb the water in the lines and fuel.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ah, good, more proof proving me right and him wrong ^_^.

I was about to bring up north dakota/montana area - but this is even better, right from the horses mouth.

I'm surprised, I wouldn't run a 50/50 to -40, if it hung around -10 or -20 I'd be running straight coolant. Like I said in my original post (which was meant to help him but I knew he was talking out of his ***) the only way his fuel will freeze is if it has water (in large amount) in it. He needs to drain the fuel system and purge the lines to get the water out - OR he needs to fix the leak in the fuel system so it doesn't condense on in.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:29 PM

Default Re: I hate Wisconsin (Schister66)

wow you all are a bunch of douches..

Can you not tell what sarcasticness is ?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wicked_b16eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I wouldnt be suprised if my oil and gas is too lol.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 01-19-2008, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wicked_b16eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow you all are a bunch of douches..

Can you not tell what sarcasticness is ?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

He dickless, you edited your post - but it doesn't change in my quotes...

LOL

You fail so badly:
Before:
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wouldnt be suprised if my oil is too lol</TD></TR></TABLE>
After:
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wouldnt be suprised if my oil and gas is too lol.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Then to top it even the H-T server hates you so it adds at the bottom:
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by H-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Modified by wicked_b16eg at 5:27 PM 1/19/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>

AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

EPIC FAIL

EPIC FAIL X 10
Old 01-19-2008, 04:32 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">(which was meant to help him but I knew he was talking out of his ***).</TD></TR></TABLE>

WTF were you helping.. First thing out of your fat mouth was to junk my car.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wicked_b16eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

WTF were you helping.. First thing out of your fat mouth was to junk my car. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Because I knew you were lying - though in all honesty - if it was doing that - you'd have to drain everything out, and find the leak - as I said in my original post - which would have helped you out if you actually had a problem.

Though as it turns out, the only problem you have is upstairs.

PS: Wicked B16 is an oxymoron.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:34 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ah, good, more proof proving me right and him wrong ^_^.

I was about to bring up north dakota/montana area - but this is even better, right from the horses mouth.

I'm surprised, I wouldn't run a 50/50 to -40, if it hung around -10 or -20 I'd be running straight coolant. Like I said in my original post (which was meant to help him but I knew he was talking out of his ***) the only way his fuel will freeze is if it has water (in large amount) in it. He needs to drain the fuel system and purge the lines to get the water out - OR he needs to fix the leak in the fuel system so it doesn't condense on in.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well i hate to do this to you, but straight antifreeze will freeze. i dont remember the exact temp, i think it just depends on brand, but i got a jug of RV antifreeze sitting outside right now, and it looks like a pink slushy. ive never had a problem with any of my vehicals freezing up, except when it was straight water (trying to wreck the junked block) or i didnt have enough coolant mixed in, i think it was 80/20 mix i had, and hit the negitives, and just slushed up. but thats how we learn isnt it?

but yes i agree with you, that if its freezing solid hes got something wrong with his system. our dodge cummins hasnt even had a problem with jelling up... and if at 2 degrees, hes havin those kinds of problems... might as well drive the car into a brick wall..
Old 01-19-2008, 04:40 PM

kids, just listen to syndacate.. hes not talkin out his *** here.

for the most part, syndacate is entirely correct. so enough with the dick pullin contest, you guys arent going to win. ive lived in the f'in boonies all my life, ive seen temps hit -40 without windchill.. so your 2 degrees and everyhigns freezin up... you got problems

Quick Reply: I hate Wisconsin