Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I hate Murphys law!!! But the H&R race springs and Illuminas are installed!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate Murphys law!!! But the H&R race springs and Illuminas are installed!!!!!!

Well Sat morning at 9 i started to work on the suspension and today at 2 i finished.
First strut came off no prob got the new one installed. Then came to the second one the nut was rusted on i ended up stripping out the top of the allen wrench hole. So i moved on to the next strut trying to think what i was going to do next. The rear struts are bigger than the oem gsr struts so it was bitch gettig the bottom to line up with the top i work on that all day yesterday. So this morning i get up i go over to my uncles try to use his air on the stripped allen 200psi would not touch this bitch.So we use a vise grip to keep it from turning. Finally i get if off but guess what it broke the nut off with the top of the old strut.DAMN that thing was rusted on I had eve soked this with pb blaster the day before. Needless to say this suspesion install that should take 3hrs max took 2days

Spence
Old 04-25-2004, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: I hate Murphys law!!! But the H&R race springs and Illuminas are installed!!!!!! (Spence)

hahahahaah....... thats what happpened to me aswell, but i had to take it out of the car and take a hack saw to top nut and make the spring "POP" into a cardboard box , without taking an eye out ,and then pick up all the peices......far more ghetto than i wanted to go , but what could i do??.....i only had the afternoon to do it...haha
Old 04-25-2004, 09:49 PM
Ape
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I hate Murphys law!!! But the H&R race springs and Illuminas are installed!!!!!! (Spence)

Least you got it done
Old 04-25-2004, 10:21 PM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spence &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well Sat morning at 9 i started to work on the suspension and today at 2 i finished.
First strut came off no prob got the new one installed. Then came to the second one the nut was rusted on i ended up stripping out the top of the allen wrench hole. So i moved on to the next strut trying to think what i was going to do next. The rear struts are bigger than the oem gsr struts so it was bitch gettig the bottom to line up with the top i work on that all day yesterday. So this morning i get up i go over to my uncles try to use his air on the stripped allen 200psi would not touch this bitch.So we use a vise grip to keep it from turning. Finally i get if off but guess what it broke the nut off with the top of the old strut.DAMN that thing was rusted on I had eve soked this with pb blaster the day before. Needless to say this suspesion install that should take 3hrs max took 2days

Spence</TD></TR></TABLE>

K! But no pictures at least or anything. Not really technical to me. Just another worthless post.
Old 04-25-2004, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hows it ride spence you like it?
Old 04-25-2004, 10:35 PM
Trial User

Default Re: I hate Murphys law!!! But the H&R race springs and Illuminas are installed!!!!!! (illusive)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by illusive &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hows it ride spence you like it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Commas will own you!
Old 04-25-2004, 10:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I hate Murphys law!!! But the H&R race springs and Illuminas are installed!!!!!! (ChinChilleRKil

Are you my grammer teacher??? And if this is another worthless post......then wouldnt your "Commas will own you!" worthless as well?!?!? Think about it. Dont clutter his thread with your useless post whoring. 2 posts nothing that was worth saying.
Old 04-25-2004, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I had to do the same thing except it was for the rear LCAs. The bolts were rusted in and I had to get a torch to cut the LCAs in half in order to get them out lol.
Old 04-25-2004, 10:45 PM
Trial User

Default Re: I hate Murphys law!!! But the H&R race springs and Illuminas are installed!!!!!! (ChinChilleRKil

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by illusive &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are you my grammer teacher??? And if this is another worthless post......then wouldnt your "Commas will own you!" worthless as well?!?!? Think about it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I did think about and I thought to myself, that your ******* grammer sucked. So I took upon myself to post about your ******* grammer being so horrible. Take it or leave but your grammer did and probably does suck.
Old 04-25-2004, 10:46 PM
Trial User

Default Re: (Knocturnal)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Knocturnal &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had to do the same thing except it was for the rear LCAs. The bolts were rusted in and I had to get a torch to cut the LCAs in half in order to get them out lol.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol
Old 04-25-2004, 11:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

both of you's grammer sucks. and isn't it spelled grammar?
Old 04-25-2004, 11:52 PM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tominos &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">both of you's grammer sucks. and isn't it spelled grammar? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Uuhhhhmmmm
Old 04-26-2004, 12:52 AM

feels good to have it on now huh
Old 04-26-2004, 05:17 PM

Default Re: I hate Murphys law!!! But the H&R race springs and Illuminas are installed!!!!!! (illusive)

******* great i love it
Old 04-26-2004, 05:20 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ChinChilleRKilleRs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I did think about and I thought to myself, that your ******* grammer sucked. So I took upon myself to post about your ******* grammer being so horrible. Take it or leave but your grammer did and probably does suck.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey quit hijacking my thread man

This is technical cause some people run across problems with these types of things and need to know how i got the bolt off the top hat
Old 04-26-2004, 05:53 PM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spence &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hey quit hijacking my thread man

This is technical cause some people run across problems with these types of things and need to know how i got the bolt off the top hat
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I didn't jack this **** at all. And there was nothing technical about your weak *** post. Just talked about a damn bolt being rusted. lol. Wow excuse me for posting differently.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:17 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ChinChilleRKilleRs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I didn't jack this **** at all. And there was nothing technical about your weak *** post. Just talked about a damn bolt being rusted. lol. Wow excuse me for posting differently.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dont clutter this thread unless you have something positive to say!!!!
Old 04-26-2004, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spence &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Dont clutter this thread unless you have something positive to say!!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

thank you.....

so many people on this site need to grow the **** up ...real quick too!!!
Old 04-26-2004, 08:25 PM
Trial User

Dont clutter this thread unless you have something positive to say!!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

. Seriously go back and read you non-technical post. And you will feel were I am coming from.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:57 PM

. Seriously go back and read you non-technical post. And you will feel were I am coming from.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well thanks for the free bumps if its so bad of a post quit posting and bumpin it to the top

Also everyone should see how ignorant this guy is look at this sig quote he has!!!

Hate lesbians. Especially when the spouse **** blocks

I mean ******* grow up but i guess this explains that your only 17
Old 04-26-2004, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You will have to take me for a ride sometime see how it feels. I am probably going to be in the market in the near future for some struts.....haha spence
Old 04-26-2004, 09:21 PM

Uuhhhhmmmm</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's spelled grammar. Spelling owns you.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:36 PM
Trial User

Time owns you. That was quite awhile back. I mean! And yeah look at my signature. Who cares, don't see your sweet *** advertising getting *****.