Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I had my car stolen Saturday night......

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I had my car stolen Saturday night......

My car was stolen Saturday night at around 3am. I took my muffler off earlier during the day so luckily I heard it take off and called the cops right away. To cut the story short within 2 1/2 hours I got my car back, cops said they got nailed for speeding and caught the "kid" accomplice but the driver ran. Not as much dmg or missing as I thought there would be. Typical busted steering wheel column busted up bumper etc. Nothing missing except my garage door opener but we changed the code. I know this is a very rare outcome in a car theft situation so I want to fully make the most of it. What would some of you do? I know obviously take them to court etc. but is there anything I could to maximize the punishment/reimbursement to the fullest extent?
I want to nail these ******* on behalf of all the people whose rides were taken from them and didn't get off as lucky as I did.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I had my car stolen Saturday night...... (jumai182)

if you want to be an ***, tell the cops or report and say you had this much money in your car... Or this and that... and now its missing...you get the idea.

Also if they caught the "Kid" accomplice... You are in heaven because cops will make him sweat ***** and punish him, by serving more, if he does not give him up. Trust me I know some people that went through it.

You are a lucky person. Good thing that muffler was off...

ANOTHER THIEF CAUGHT! I love reading these stories where the bastard gets caught.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:50 AM

dude you are one of the few lucky ones pr
Old 09-11-2006, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jumai182 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What would some of you do? I know obviously take them to court etc. but is there anything I could to maximize the punishment/reimbursement to the fullest extent?
I want to nail these ******* on behalf of all the people whose rides were taken from them and didn't get off as lucky as I did. </TD></TR></TABLE>

get pics and info on them and post on the net

glad your civic or del sol was safely recovered
Old 09-11-2006, 11:56 AM

Default Re: I had my car stolen Saturday night...... (EGwhat!!!)

Indeed I am. I am sick of hearing about thieves taking peoples hard work. I am waiting for my police report to come in and I will definitely make sure that they get whats they deserve and more. My regards to all those of you out there who have lost their rides to these scum.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I had my car stolen Saturday night...... (j3t1p)

im happy for you. my hatch got stolen a few months ago they found it 7 days later it was just a shell the cops had it towed and didnt tell me till 16 days after the found it. the tow place wanted $530.00 for storage and tow fee. i didnt have the money then they sent it to the acution a week or so later.

Modified by evilsolb16 at 1:19 PM 9/11/2006
Old 09-11-2006, 11:57 AM

Thanks guys
Old 09-11-2006, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

congrats on your retrivel...do what ever it takes to have this guy locked up for as long as possible...go and file a suit as soon as possible...good luck bro...hopefully you'll get some new goodies for your ride...
Old 09-11-2006, 11:59 AM

Default Re: I had my car stolen Saturday night...... (evilsolb16)

OMG I am sorry to hear that man. She was a beaut. My heart wrenched as I read your post. Again my condolences.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:03 PM

Default Re: (bmoua)

Thanks, I most defnitely will. Ill keep updating with current info
Old 09-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you really want to f-em. Have a letter that just happen to apper saying if you press charges that something is going to happen to you. But have a friend do it with gloves so there is no csi stuff on it. It will really screw them in the end.. Glad you got your whip back nice to hear this. the person you tried to still my car got 14 months. But its good that he got caught because its now on his record. So if he pulls this shyt again the punishment is going to be harsher. Just hope they don't get him for joy-ride. Make sure you say somthing is gone and it has to be over 1k. Or it will be considered a petty crime. Good luck
Old 09-11-2006, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I had my car stolen Saturday night...... (Del Sol SiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Del Sol SiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

get pics and info on them and post on the net</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 09-11-2006, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I had my car stolen Saturday night...... (ken00si)

i really hope they were older than 18 so they get it hard. Congrats to you for getting your car back so fast!
Old 09-11-2006, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats
Old 09-11-2006, 01:03 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (fventura03)

Lying to the police and getting more money out of it is just wrong
O fcourse still get the money to fix it, just dont lie about whats missing.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fventura03)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fventura03 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">congrats</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2
Old 09-11-2006, 01:07 PM

DAYUM...whoever painted that car posted above must have been on heroin.

The intercooler, wheels..EVERYTHING is ****** painted. If you paid money for that afterwards, you should be stoned to death.

Glad to hear you got your whip back.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I had my car stolen Saturday night...... (evilsolb16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by evilsolb16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I hope this was someone painting their car by themselves for the first time and was high doing it or if a body shop did it, they either took off all that paint on the wheels/IC or bought new ones for you. HORRIBLE MASK JOB (even worse than the typical earl schieb masking)
Old 09-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I had my car stolen Saturday night...... (broketuner-sol_si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by broketuner-sol_si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I hope this was someone painting their car by themselves for the first time and was high doing it or if a body shop did it, they either took off all that paint on the wheels/IC or bought new ones for you. HORRIBLE MASK JOB (even worse than the typical earl schieb masking)</TD></TR></TABLE>
werd lol who painted your car?
Old 09-11-2006, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I had my car stolen Saturday night...... (xtreme26)

Damn, but whoever painted ur car painted the front mount, windshield, tires and wipers, bad paint job but sorry to hear that it was stolen, F*ck Theives
Old 09-11-2006, 01:58 PM

Default Re: I had my car stolen Saturday night...... (xtreme26)

hell yeah you can screw the thiefs... first of all press charges on them, haha see if you can get them for noise pollution on top of everything else sense the muffler was off. i wouldnt make any false charges and get your self into trouble. if the kid doesnt give up the other person he can be charged with all the crimes. plus get re-emburssed for the damage, plus the cost of a new club, maybe you can get stress and anguish... if it made you late to work, re-emburssment of time lost, plus you can get time loss of anytime spent at the court house to deal with the matter, if you follow through with it you can really expletive him up. PLEASE DO IT
Old 09-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

tell the cops you had a " laptop and a brand new digital camera and other digital stuff " nail the ****** all you can !!

expletive Thieves !!
Old 09-11-2006, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You should do that and then handle it the ski mask way and break their fingers
Old 09-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im with lying about things that are stolen. take the lil bastards for as much as u can. id play the system as hard core as possible
Old 09-11-2006, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: I had my car stolen Saturday night...... (broketuner-sol_si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by broketuner-sol_si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I hope this was someone painting their car by themselves for the first time and was high doing it or if a body shop did it, they either took off all that paint on the wheels/IC or bought new ones for you. HORRIBLE MASK JOB (even worse than the typical earl schieb masking)</TD></TR></TABLE>

Who cares? It's his car, let him be with it. If he's unhappy with it, I'm sure when he gets the funds he'll get it repainted. If he's fine with it, let him be. I think it looks nice, and the overspray on the tires will come off in a few burn outs. on your diss man, uncool. Uncalled for.

At OP:
Good to hear man, very nice. You can say you had money it to expletive 'em more...but sometimes it's hard to proove that and they may want you to. Plus people will notice (ie. the DA) that you also got covered by personal property from liability from the theft. It gets complex from there. My girlfriend had her civic (y8 EX) stolen and had like $500 of her school books in there (college). We told her insurance company (geico) and they said "well you could just claim you had a diamond ring in there so what are we supposed to do" - so at geico, but at getting your stuff back, and on the guy getting caught.

All and all = ..

Quick Reply: I had my car stolen Saturday night......