Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I give up...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I give up...

Well there are only two possibilities left according to your responses. Wheel bearings and the actual wheels. Before I replace the wheel bearings I rotated the wheels from front to back. Just to see if it may be the tires. I also checked for any wiggle room which had none. It was solid as a rock as I tried to rock it back and fourth. Once I drive on the freeway we will see if it shakes a little less. If the same problem persist, then I will exchange wheels with one of my buddies. I need a beer
Old 05-20-2010, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Had the same problem. But all I needed was wheel balancing.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:43 PM
99r
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by raidacaipo
Well there are only two possibilities left according to your responses. Wheel bearings and the actual wheels. Before I replace the wheel bearings I rotated the wheels from front to back. Just to see if it may be the tires. I also checked for any wiggle room which had none. It was solid as a rock as I tried to rock it back and fourth. Once I drive on the freeway we will see if it shakes a little less. If the same problem persist, then I will exchange wheels with one of my buddies. I need a beer
Yea usually a few beers helps get rid of the shaking at highway speeds.

haha

Originally Posted by burnykawizzle
different tire sizes will make that happen but lets first change the front wheel bearing since that is the issue... i know that is the issue if its not the issue then i must really suck when it comes to cars but my guess and answer seems like it should help you... change the wheel bearing
Im sorry but people like this really bug me.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont bug you. what bugs you is that you didnt say what the problem is first and that is what bugs you. when your tires need to get balance you feel the shaking more the faster you go and the whole car shakes.... he is only saying its on 1 side so trust me if it was unbalanced wheels he would explain more
Old 05-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

...btw the car is raised and not dropped...
Does anyone have any input on this Madness???!?!?!!
If you truly have it raised, as in above the factory ride height, then it sounds like you might be experiencing axle inner cv-joint binding. Since the axles are being put through an extension, you are causing the inner joints to operate outside their designed parameters and the increased angle applied to the inner joints is causing a binding action.

That is if you actually raised the vehicle as you stated.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

your tires are unbalanced.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by LovelyEK
Had the same problem. But all I needed was wheel balancing.
First thing I did...

Originally Posted by hoffmanb16
your tires are unbalanced.
What do you mean? My tires, meaning the actual rubber or the wheels meaning the rim and wheels?

Originally Posted by honda_luvr_2000
If you truly have it raised, as in above the factory ride height, then it sounds like you might be experiencing axle inner cv-joint binding. Since the axles are being put through an extension, you are causing the inner joints to operate outside their designed parameters and the increased angle applied to the inner joints is causing a binding action.

That is if you actually raised the vehicle as you stated.
Its not stock height but it sure isn't dumped either. How are the axles being put through an "extension"? The stock Oem axles were designed for factory height vehicles not "dumped" vehicles. Therefore the inner joints would not be operating outside their designed parameters.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:34 AM
MiG-21 superfan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its not stock height but it sure isn't dumped either. How are the axles being put through an "extension"? The stock Oem axles were designed for factory height vehicles not "dumped" vehicles. Therefore the inner joints would not be operating outside their designed parameters.
what they were saying is, when you lower a car too much, there is binding that can take place and can cause vibration on acceleration. so, conversely, if you raise a car too much, a similar thing can happen, but from the looks of it you are FAR within the parameters of the axles operating range.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you had your rubber balanced then I guess thats not the problem.... unless they dont know how to balence a tire right (witch might be the problem)... **** who knows.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

when you checked the wheels like i told you. did you move it forward and back or side to side? its supposed to be moved side by side
Old 05-22-2010, 03:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Same problem for me. It was my wheel bearings.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thats what i am saying. look ima break it down for you when i owned my cavalier z24 (which i truly miss) it was always breaking down and when it got fixed another part broke so thats when i started to learn about cars and how cars work. if it wasnt for that i wouldnt know anything about cars. getting back into subject i have helped out a few buddies of mine fix their cars without me even being there because i can most likely figure out the problem now i have a honda and since ive had a honda ive learned EVEN more about cars like wiring,modification, and engine swaps... some cars are built differently so its not always the same things for most cars. but when it comes to certain things like suspension and engine parts ITS ALMOST THE SAME CONCEPT trust me its your wheel bearing if i am right i believe you should break me off with some dough for helping you FIX your problem while half of the postings will tell you its something else