Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I crashed my hatch tonight.....damn icy snow weather.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I crashed my hatch tonight.....damn icy snow weather.....

Sobasically i pull out of school today, very icy out, just snowed and was still snowing. This jeep decides to stop a bit quickly and i slammed my brakes to avoid hitting him and i turned the wheel to the side and tapped him in the rear corner of his bumper.

His car is FINE. Jeeps are tanks, this thng was perfect, maybe a little scratch. My caron the other hand, fawked. Headlight and turn signal lens pushed into the fender, fender bend in half folding near the pass. side door. Hood crumbled......ok im getting sick to the stomach.

Anyways it seems as if there is no frame damage, i pray... But this may mean i will be getting JDM fenders with side markers and some Vison style lenses hopefully....Well see how it goes.

Is it cheaper to have a body shop repair everything for me and fix it back to stock? or should i just buy all the parts bolt them up and have the damaged area painted over with aftermarket fenders?

Thats my question....body shop back to stock? Buy parts seperate form ebay and passwordJDM and stuff and have the area painted?

This oficially sucks. Im 17, barely ahve any cash, parents dont really feel like helping....So please help me out, what do you think?

And thanks in advance.

And PLEASE guys, be safe in the snow....
Old 01-19-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re: I crashed my hatch tonight.....damn icy snow weather..... (Hatch It)

anything that damaged should be done by pros. it is supposed to be fixed back to the way it was by the insurance company. but i would say stock now and save the money until you know you dont need it for anything else.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I crashed my hatch tonight.....damn icy snow weather..... (Hatch It)

if there was no frame damage i would buy the parts my self definitely, that really sucks today i slid through a stop light gota be very cautious out there.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:59 PM

Default Re: I crashed my hatch tonight.....damn icy snow weather.....

Sucks to hear about the accident.

I would have a shop do it because you never know what other problems they might find. Better have it done right then have to spend more money to do it over again.

Bryan.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:02 PM

go aftermarket. i would. go c a body man an ask him if ur front supports r fine if so save doe and make ur car look better in the process
Old 01-20-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Re: I crashed my hatch tonight.....damn icy snow weather..... (jojovtec)

i am a body man by trade and aftermarket **** just doesnt fit right, spend the extra money and get oem honda fenders, you'll be happer in the long run
Old 01-20-2005, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I crashed my hatch tonight.....damn icy snow weather..... (phantom grey eg)

Not even JDM Honda fenders with side markers? from password? I wasnt aware they were aftermarket...
Old 01-20-2005, 06:01 PM

if there oem jdm then they should fit good, i havent seen those, but i wouldnt put aftermarket fenders on my hatch, oem means they were stamped in the same molds that your original fenders were stamped in, meaning they will fit exactly the same as you originals did
Old 01-20-2005, 06:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get a jeep

jk i would take it to a body shop
Old 01-20-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Re: I crashed my hatch tonight.....damn icy snow weather..... (civictildeath)

you could get a hood for 100,fender 25 headlight and signal 100

so $225 for everything and youll be good to go

And I love west chesterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 01-20-2005, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: With my POS D15B2, Whereever whenever, United States
Default Re: I crashed my hatch tonight.....damn icy snow weather..... (BoostedVW)

if you're 17 and by yourself, don't spend money on frivolous part
function over form
go to your local u pull it, and buy any clean part regardless of color
then paint it ghetto until you have some money
no point in wasting more money than you really need to
Old 01-20-2005, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I crashed my hatch tonight.....damn icy snow weather..... (MugenHonda)

jeeps are fun!!!
Old 01-20-2005, 06:41 PM

Default Re: I crashed my hatch tonight.....damn icy snow weather..... (B16aDasher)

dude go some certifit hood bumper and fenders costs like 150 or less. Or search around here for someone parting out a hatch. DON'T GO TO A BODY SHOP!!
Old 01-20-2005, 06:54 PM

I would have it looked at by a body shop and have them list the problems and the replace it with all aftermaket parts... Theres nothing that they do that you can't. As long as u know what you are doing. G'luck and hope it comes out meaner then ever.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey jw do u know bam margera the skater?
Old 01-20-2005, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I crashed my hatch tonight.....damn icy snow weather..... (Special-Ed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Special-Ed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey jw do u know bam margera the skater?</TD></TR></TABLE>

who doesn't
Old 01-20-2005, 07:57 PM

Default Re: I crashed my hatch tonight.....damn icy snow weather..... (31flavorscivic)

we dont have snow in australia
Old 01-20-2005, 08:17 PM

Default Re: I crashed my hatch tonight.....damn icy snow weather..... (phantom grey eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by phantom grey eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i am a body man by trade and aftermarket **** just doesnt fit right, spend the extra money and get oem honda fenders, you'll be happer in the long run</TD></TR></TABLE>

Same here but being the kid is 17 and on a budget. I doubt he can afford OEM parts. Most shops are not gonna want him bringing in his own parts as well. My advice is go around to as many shops as possible. More than likely a smaller shop is gonna be more willing to help. A big production shop usualy deals with insurance help and will want you to use thier parts. Certi Fit is the cheapest place I know of. If you can score some OEM fenders used in good shape you might want to go that route.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I crashed my hatch tonight.....damn icy snow weather..... (MulletManRockStar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MulletManRockStar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Same here but being the kid is 17 and on a budget. I doubt he can afford OEM parts. Most shops are not gonna want him bringing in his own parts as well. My advice is go around to as many shops as possible. More than likely a smaller shop is gonna be more willing to help. A big production shop usualy deals with insurance help and will want you to use thier parts. Certi Fit is the cheapest place I know of. If you can score some OEM fenders used in good shape you might want to go that route.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah thanks for the help man, ill get on that today.....

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Special-Ed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey jw do u know bam margera the skater?
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Check my sig you dumbass
Old 01-21-2005, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hahaha. So why do people think you know bam?
Old 01-21-2005, 09:42 AM

Default Re: I crashed my hatch tonight.....damn icy snow weather..... (B2FiNiTY)

a while back i slid into a mercedes SUV. the SUV was perfect, but my hood got bent out of shape. since there was not real damage other than the hood, i used the insurance money to buy a carbon fiber hood. even though the carbon fiber hood is more expensive than a stock one, you don't have to paint it, so it basically is the same.
imo it all depends on the extent of the damage. it sounds like you might have some stuff fairly messed up there, so take it to a shop to get an estimate and to get a better idea of what needs to be fixed. then you can make an educated decision on what you want to do.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:35 PM

i know how you feel man, 3 days ago some stupid bitch that was talkin on her cell in the snow and following me too close rear ended me and fucked my eg up. its alright thoough cause the bitches insurance is gonna pay for all $996 worth of damage. i think a cf hatch will look pretty good. haha. But if i was you and there is no frame damage i'd buy the stuff and do it yourself. causer a body shop is gonna ram you in the ***. believe me that stupid bitch that hit me is gonna find that out real quick. But its your call, good luck man!
Old 01-22-2005, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I crashed my hatch tonight.....damn icy snow weather..... (Swapped_EG)

Well thanks for the advice guys.....made me think alot....

I have no collision insurance....there is frame damage to the vehicle

There is radiator support damage andsomehow a wiring harness got teared to shreads or something of that sort.

Well basically its $2,300.00 in damage.

This consists of, new bumper, new hood, new fender, new headlight, new turn signal lens, new bumper, new rad. support, frame bent back into shape, and paint.....

Stupid shops. That was the cheapest i could find it for too......Plus there was some other stupid crap too......i hate dumb drivers....

My parents said i couldnt have collision on a vehicle 10 years or older??? Anybody know anything about that????Please help.....

Thanks again guys
Old 01-23-2005, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatch It &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

My parents said i couldnt have collision on a vehicle 10 years or older??? Anybody know anything about that????Please help.....

Thanks again guys </TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds like crap to me, isn't collision full coverage and whatnot?? Cuz everyone around here has full coverage.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:02 AM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatch It &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats crap, I have collision on my car.

All that **** you can buy yourself to save you some money. Check out http://www.autobodypartsonline.com and get the "certifit" ****. Might have to rock an unpainted front end for now, see if you can find a guy who will paint all of those panels for cheap.

Quick Reply: I crashed my hatch tonight.....damn icy snow weather.....