Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I bought a Civic Hatchback

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I bought a Civic Sedan

Hi All,
I got a good deal on a 1997 Civic Sedan LX Auto and I m thinking to mod it. first off I am thinking to put on some 18"s. Is Axis racing wheel anygood? they look nice to me

Secondly, I m going coilover. My friend is selling his skunk2 coilover sleeves for 150, should i go for it? The idea of coilover is tight just imagine i get to adjust the ride height whenever i want.

also, I can get this 98 prelude frontclip for a decent price. This frontclip has a DOHC VTEC engine with sportshift transmission and I m thinking to drop it into my civic. So is it ok to use the sportshift transmission in my civic? I love sportshift cuz i get to drive like stickshift w/out a clutch.

down on the road I will get some aftermarket catback exhaust with 2.5" piping, and probably with some N1 angled out muffer. GT or GTR style wing is on my wish list.

Any comment is welcome

please dont bash me for not going JDM wannabe style.

Old 04-03-2005, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I bought a Civic Hatchback (thirty3)

wow, there are many firestarters in this post...

heres is what I saw as stuff people are going to bitch at you about....
Auto?
18's?
driving stick shift without clutch?
GT or GTR wing?

wow
Old 04-03-2005, 07:11 PM

i thought you got a hatchback?

dont get any bigger that 16s.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

please dont get 18s......

the shunk2 coilover isnt to bad mix reviews on them

did you buy a hatchback too since hte topic said civic hatchback?
Old 04-03-2005, 07:14 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You bought a sedan, not a hatchback. Don't put 18''s on it. Huge wheels don't look good, and they'll seriously cripple accelleration. I don't know how much skunk2 coilovers go for new, but once you set the ride height, chances are, you'll never adjust the height ever again.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I bought a Civic Sedan (thirty3)

I m going for all show no go and I always think 18" is more baller. So is Axis racing good?

I know people now days are jumping onto the JDM wannabe style bandwagon for which rims should not exceed 15", 16 is the max, use as much of black plastic (side moldings, lips, mirror...etc) as possible to make their car resembles the AE86 panda color scheme.

there's more than one way to build a car and jdm style is only one of it.

Thanks
Old 04-03-2005, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

1st of all you did not bought a HATCHBACK

2nd you need to go join the http://www.toofast-and-toofurous-club.com
Old 04-03-2005, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The ride/handling with 18's on any civic WILL feel like CRAP. As for the GT/GTR wing...without a doubt...people will call you a ricer/Fast n Furious wannabe UNLESS YOUR DRIFTING. But if you really don't care what people think then go for it. Goodluck!
Old 04-03-2005, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I bought a Civic Sedan (HATCHingMN)

sorry, it is a typo on the title, I bought a sedan. not hatchback
Old 04-03-2005, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

why people who dont go jdm wannabe style get segregated?
Old 04-03-2005, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thirty3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I m going for all show no go </TD></TR></TABLE>

then get the hell out of the eg tech forum.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:39 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thirty3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I m going for all show no go</TD></TR></TABLE>That should end the thread. This is not the place for you. If you are deciding to build a show car, you should do exactly what you think looks good. If you want a true show car, you need to display your own creativity/inginuity/originality. Besides, show cars are not driven on the street, let alone driven on the street daily.

I have a feeling your show car will turn out to be another civic I see on the street with a different colored wing and blue primered front and rear bumpers that are falling off, riding on cut springs.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I bought a Civic Sedan (litterbox)

btw check my sig
Old 04-03-2005, 07:42 PM

Default Re: (thirty3)

ummm... yeah well see theres jdm, performance, sleeper, and in your case cluless guys. Stop watching the fast and the furious ok?
Old 04-03-2005, 08:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re:

this is a TECHNICAL forum...not an "all show no go" forum...go hang out in A/C. We aren't bashing you because you don't like OMG JDM, we're laughing at you because you come in the Civic Technical forum talking about 18" bling rims and ******* sport shift on your civic.

Get the **** out of the tech forums and go to A/C...although you won't have much luck there either. You need to look around on the internet more...people with same styles usually tend to hang around other people that feel the same.

A majority of the people here like the OEM or JDM cosmetic mods. No one cares what you do to your car, just find other people like you that like the same **** you do...because no one here does.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member