Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I bought a 98 civic ex... Would like to install a body kit.. Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2001, 05:52 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I bought a 98 civic ex... Would like to install a body kit.. Help Please

I just bought a 98 civic ex 5-spd, blah blah blah blah VTEC baby! lol okay nuff of that crazy ****. Anyways I would like to know what kind of body kits that look good on a civic. And i would like to know what type of things i should get first before anything else...

-Tek
-Im here to learn more about my car and do my best to make it look good and run great!
-Thanks!
Old 10-02-2001, 06:11 AM
New User

Default Re: I bought a 98 civic ex... Would like to install a body kit.. Help Please (DevoTek)

I would recomend the basic boltons... Intake(prefiably cold air intake), exhaust and headers. This will help the breathing of your car. These are the basic starting point...

I would also recomend fixing the suspension, springs and shocks. I would recomend Neuspeed Race, great springs and Koni yellow's the best shock.

Body kits, Wings west makes some sweet kits, but it is up to you. You should check out some of them on the net.

OuRkiD
Old 10-02-2001, 06:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: I bought a 98 civic ex... Would like to install a body kit.. Help Please (ourkid)

I agree with DevoTek, you do want might want to make the civic more powerful first then upgrade the body.

However, if you are interested in changing the cars looks.....Wings West, or just get yourself a NOPI catalog....or some Mags, Sport Compact Car, Super Street, Import Tuner (this one is the one you would like...all looks), Honda Tuning.....OR find all of there websites at http://www.gr8ride.com but, the websites suck.
Old 10-02-2001, 06:34 AM
New User

Default Re: I bought a 98 civic ex... Would like to install a body kit.. Help Please (DevoTek)

I would go with suspension first before anything. You have enough power in your honda, now you have to be able to handle that power. Coilover/Shock combo is what you should be saving up for. It was definitely my very first mod on my hatch. On the subject of body kits, go with wings west because their kits fit the best. One last thing, get polyurethane as opposed to fiberglass for the simple fact that rubber is not as fragile as glass.
Old 10-02-2001, 09:22 AM
New User

Default Re: I bought a 98 civic ex... Would like to install a body kit.. Help Please (Guardson3r3)

the first thing you should definitly do is the suspension. h&r springs are really nice.
Old 10-02-2001, 11:49 AM
New User

Default Re: I bought a 98 civic ex... Would like to install a body kit.. Help Please (civicnightracer)

If you are looking for body kits, I would suggest going to http://www.asylumms.com...

I would NEVER suggest buying from that site, but you can see a good list of what body kits are available.. another site for kits would be http://www.importfan.com ....

Old 10-02-2001, 12:04 PM
New User

Uugh! Body kits. *cough* cough*

Perfromace first. Rice later. Just my opinion.
Old 10-04-2001, 05:55 AM
New User

Default Re: I bought a 98 civic ex... Would like to install a body kit.. Help Please (DeceitfulCivic)

Hahahah yeah... I understand what cha' saying, I am plainning on not going out crazy with crazy looking body kits, i really want to keep the car look stock but with a lilttle bit more style, not too much but just enough that you can still tell that its a Civic, lol. I really dont want to change what the car looks like... I dunno how to explain it, but ya' know what i mean.

And To the people that gave me advice and links to sites!!!!! THANKS ALOT!!! Plz if you know anybody that lives in Maryland and knows import stores nearby plz post them, it will help me alot!

-Thanks
-Im Out
-Tek
Old 10-04-2001, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Get the Factory front lip, paint it to match. Then paint the stock Side skirts to match...Done.
M
Old 10-04-2001, 07:08 AM
Trial User

Default Re: I bought a 98 civic ex... Would like to install a body kit.. Help Please (01ITR#700)

Get the Factory front lip, paint it to match. Then paint the stock Side skirts to match...Done.M
"That's what I'm talkin' 'bout. That's my dawg."Chris Tucker~Friday
Try Auto Body Plus for the painting and installing. 550 Crain Highway unit 20 410-760-1174 I've seen his custom work. Nice.Just order whatever kit you want online. It's a bunch of rip off artist around here. And make that boy go fast and handle like a bimmer.
Old 10-04-2001, 08:20 AM

yo dude, where in maryland are u?

I'm down in VA near tysons corner, but there are so many shops in the DC area you would not believe.. some better than others

i also have a 98 civic ex coupe. i would echo the advice to start with the suspension. i run eibach prokits and tokico shocks with a suspension tech rear sway. it made the biggest difference in the world! then came the turbo

[Modified by brcivic411, 9:20 AM 10/4/2001]
Old 10-04-2001, 01:56 PM
New User

devo, i live in maryland and can give you some great places to go. email with what you need. off top of my head, eip tuning, audio connections, and maryland performance specialties
Old 10-06-2001, 02:42 PM
New User

Default Re: I bought a 98 civic ex... Would like to install a body kit.. Help Please (brcivic411)

HEY BRCIVIC411!!!

Yah man, I live in some ghetto white hood. I live in odenton! sucks *** alot of fake racers here or if you wanna call them RICE BOYZ (white ppl too) but they cool though its fun making fun of them. lol its all gravy! ya man are you ASIAN!??!?!?! If you are man, im phillipino! ASIAN pridy!

Alright man... e-mail me dawg! at devotek01@hotmail.com i need some shops. lol

-Lataz
-Tek

yo dude, where in maryland are u?

I'm down in VA near tysons corner, but there are so many shops in the DC area you would not believe.. some better than others

i also have a 98 civic ex coupe. i would echo the advice to start with the suspension. i run eibach prokits and tokico shocks with a suspension tech rear sway. it made the biggest difference in the world! then came the turbo

[Modified by brcivic411, 9:20 AM 10/4/2001]
Old 10-09-2001, 05:41 AM
New User

Default Re: I bought a 98 civic ex... Would like to install a body kit.. Help Please (MiGs)

Move this Post.
WTH. Do You mean by that?!!??!?!?!?!?!!?!?!??!!?
Old 10-09-2001, 10:45 AM
New User

If you check out the back sections of Import Tuner Mag's - look for Carisma - its a Company in Ca - they have a kit called the Sensei...4 pcs...easy to install. Check them out - also - if you want look but not too great a quality, http://www.visracing.com.