Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

i blew it up.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i blew it up.

ok i got a d series and 4 of the 5 bolts that hold the valve cover snaped, what can i do, it pisses oil all over the place. suggestions?
Old 09-17-2006, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: i blew it up. (MugenManR)

pull the cover, get the broken bolts out... replace??
what else could you do?
Old 09-17-2006, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

how did this happen? when you were trying to remove it? are the bolts broken inside the head? more details please.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i blew it up. (wudini)

there broken inside the head, and i dont know how to get it out
Old 09-17-2006, 09:43 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MugenManR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there broken inside the head, and i dont know how to get it out </TD></TR></TABLE>

It's a D-series engine: the bolts are 100% not broken off "inside the head". They're broken off in the cam caps and all you have to do to fix it is remove the cam cap in question and use an easy-out to get the broken bolt back out.

Done deal. Not hard.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i blew it up. (Archidictus)

3 of them are on the cams, and the other two are on the head. how do i get the ones on the head off, and were can i buy that easy thing?
Old 09-17-2006, 10:52 AM
Darth ModerVader

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MugenManR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> and were can i buy that easy thing?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sears, Home Depot, etc.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

get a new d series swap for 250
Old 09-17-2006, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hatch-E-vanish)

im workin on a gsr. soo tahts not a good idea lol
Old 09-17-2006, 11:14 AM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

get a bolt extractor.
i've broken a bunch of those bolts.

u need to take a drill, and drill a hole in the piece still in the header, probably need to start really tiny and then drill out a bigger hole, just big enuf for the extractor to fit in.

then tap in the extrator with a hammer, and twist the broken bolt out.

i use the square shaped extractors
Old 09-17-2006, 11:16 AM

Why is the title "I blew it up"? You didnt blow up anything...although if you managed to snap that many valve cover bolts...you'll surely be blowing something up in the near future.

From now on..pay people to do the work. Some are mechanically inclined..and some just...arent.

And another suggestion...stop making it "**** all over the place" before you DO blow it up. Please dont drive it untill the bolts are replaced. If you lost enough oil for you to describe it as "pissing", i'd DEFINITELY check and recheck the oil level before you do start driving again.

Good luck.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (I Shot 50 Cent)

it wasnt me my friend thought it would be funny to take it off. so before you start running your mouth. find out first. and i havent been drvining it so thank you for oyu conceren.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MugenManR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MugenManR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it wasnt me my friend thought it would be funny to take it off. so before you start running your mouth. find out first. and i havent been drvining it so thank you for oyu conceren. </TD></TR></TABLE>

right right we all heard this one before...you know the people who call up Dr. Phil and say "well im not gay or anything but i have this friend who is..." that's what that reminded me of haha it's ok dude you can admit to making a mistake only 85% of the people here will bash you instead of helping but hey there's always the good 15% right?...like the others said use a bolt extractor for the ones in the head and get new cam caps for the others...and next time open the haynes manual to the back where it has torque specifications. oh and make sure the valve cover didnt crack...chances are if it was tight enough to break the studs the valve cover may be ruined as well. good luck!
Old 09-17-2006, 11:39 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MugenManR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it wasnt me my friend thought it would be funny to take it off. so before you start running your mouth. find out first. and i havent been drvining it so thank you for oyu conceren. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Before I start running my mouth? hahaha. And what do you mean took it off? If it was pissing..I would assume the car was running. So if you let your friend take your valve cover OFF while the car was running, you're just as simple as he is and you should both be 50 feet away from an engine bay.

I wish your motor would have siezed in front of both of you while you guys are watching the oil waterfall coming out of the head. Instead of being cocky, you should have your tail between your legs for being in this situation in the first place.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Before I start running my mouth? hahaha. And what do you mean took it off? If it was pissing..I would assume the car was running. So if you let your friend take your valve cover OFF while the car was running, you're just as simple as he is and you should both be 50 feet away from an engine bay.

I wish your motor would have siezed in front of both of you while you guys are watching the oil waterfall coming out of the head. Instead of being cocky, you should have your tail between your legs for being in this situation in the first place.

This dude shot fifty, dont mess with him
Old 09-18-2006, 10:51 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MugenManR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im workin on a gsr. soo tahts not a good idea lol </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MugenManR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok i got a d series and 4 of the 5 bolts...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah...okay?
Old 09-18-2006, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (THC1107)

ill run his *** over with my lawnmower, prob has more horse then his lil honda.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:47 PM

yea those bolts are made out of plastic or some ****.. i had the same problem but i only broke one haha use a metal pick and pick them out... that's what i did.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MugenManR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok i got a d series and 4 of the 5 bolts that hold the valve cover snaped, what can i do, it pisses oil all over the place. suggestions?</TD></TR></TABLE>

now im confused
Old 09-20-2006, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MugenManR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im workin on a gsr. soo tahts not a good idea lol </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 09-21-2006, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hatch-E-vanish)

its all fixed and runs like new again lol thanks for the help
Old 09-21-2006, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

F uck, now I'm confused.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">F uck, now I'm confused.</TD></TR></TABLE>

*sarcasim* Cause that's a hard thing to accomplish. *sarcasim*
Old 09-21-2006, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (SOHC4life 96)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC4life 96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

*sarcasim* Cause that's a hard thing to accomplish. *sarcasim*</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol

On a serious note though. I'd like to know how the OP managed to do this?
Old 09-21-2006, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MugenManR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok i got a d series and 4 of the 5 bolts that hold the valve cover snaped, what can i do, it pisses oil all over the place. suggestions?</TD></TR></TABLE>

this is the result when you use an impact gun on 10mm bolts...haha

Quick Reply: i blew it up.