Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I bet nobody can answer half these questions!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I bet nobody can answer half these questions!

These all pertain to a 95 Del Sol S

1. The left and right of the keyhole that locks the rear compartments, there are two holes, what goes there?
2. Are no-name strut bars on ebay inferior compared to more expensive name brand ones?
3. What is the difference (if any) between JDM and USDM fog lights (auxillary lights)?
4. What is the part number for the rear-windshield antenna thing for newer model integras so I can put one on my Sol?
5. What is a good place to get JDM parts for (other than ebay)?
6. Is it true you have to remove the bumper reinforcement bar to put on an aftermarket bumper?
7. How can I fix the fuel door so it opens when I pull the latch?
8. How can I fix the trunk so it opens when I pull the latch?
9. My friend was telling me that I can't put the turbo's boost as high in high compression engines like k20 as he can in his d16, is this true and does it matter in the end?

Modified by Jorsher at 9:16 PM 8/2/2004
Old 08-02-2004, 07:31 PM

Default Re: I bet nobody can answer half these questions! (Jorsher)

1. i dunno
2. maybe
3. J does not = US
4. 76-2s9ux-p
5. http://www.jdmparts.com
6. depends

i answered all of them
Old 08-02-2004, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

2. Are no-name strut bars on ebay inferior compared to more expensive name brand ones?

Not necessarily. If the bar is well made, it can do it's job whether it cost 35 dollars, or 135 dollars.

4. What is the part number for the rear-windshield antenna thing for newer model integras so I can put one on my Sol?

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

Passwordjdm, inlinefour.com, jhpusa.com, google search

6. Is it true you have to remove the bumper reinforcement bar to put on an aftermarket bumper?

Depends on the bumper being used. With some extreme body kits, you have to remove the support.

Doesn't the Del Sol do that from the factory?

Old 08-02-2004, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I bet nobody can answer half these questions! (rodrez)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rodrez &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">6. Is it true you have to remove the bumper reinforcement bar to put on an aftermarket bumper?

Depends on the bumper being used. With some extreme body kits, you have to remove the support. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks, any idea on a street fighter one? Looks like I might be able to keep the reinforcement...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rodrez &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">7. How can I fix the fuel door so it opens when I pull the latch?

Doesn't the Del Sol do that from the factory? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well I'm sure it's supposed to, but mine doesn't. My friend is buying a Del Sol tomorrow I have to drive him 5 hours there and 5 hours back to get it, but we'll be able to compare cars when he's back.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:00 PM
ABK
Honda-Tech Member

jdmshit.com
Old 08-02-2004, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I bet nobody can answer half these questions! (ABK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ABK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">jdmshit.com</TD></TR></TABLE>

heh I thought you were joking at first.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:29 PM

9. No and no.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

5. kingmotorsports.com
6. way back in the day when i had a body kit, all i did for the front impact bar was trim the 2 sides until it fit up.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

1)Something

2)It depends as mounting mechanics differ and thickness of the bar are taken into measure

3)There is no difference

4)Part# 069-Idontfuckingknow-069

5)www.JDMShit.com and so on, search

6)No although some may require it

7)Check the cable that it's attached to

8)Look at Answer #7

9)You're friend's a tool and so are you cuz it all depends on how you modify the engines

I've answered all the questions but you never stated that the answers had to make sense. Try to use the space bar sometime too.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:57 PM

JDM and EDM Fog lights (AUX lights) actually work. They are a clear glass housing that uses a Real h1 bulb (might be an h4 but whatever) instead of the US turn signal style bulbs. EXTREMLY pricy. I have seen some go as high as 450. jdmdelsol.com is the big EDM/JDM sol importer. Extremly expensive, but from what he has said he's not making much. All products are new....

As for the latches, make sure that the cables are in proper condition. For the trunk, you may have to unscrew the trunk bumpers (little rubber pads on the inside of the trunk panel.

Old 08-02-2004, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's all about the rigidity of the bar i.e. no swivel joints

3. What is the difference (if any) between JDM and USDM fog lights (auxillary lights)?
you said it..."(if any)" there seems to be none but maybe bulb sizes, but the JDM Del Sol does have optional foglights that go to the left and right of the grille

http://www.jaydm.com/
http://www.icbmotorsport.com
http://www.inlinefour.com

so far yes, with any aftermarket bodykit that I've seen on Del Sols, but then again maybe the brand name ones like Wings West, or Mugen don't make you

Did U check the cable taughtness from the lid end? How do you get it open now?

I haven't seen a Del Sol that has an interior trunk release, but ever try wiring up a solenoid to it, like with an alarm?
Old 08-02-2004, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by asmallsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">JDM and EDM Fog lights (AUX lights) actually work. They are a clear glass housing that uses a Real h1 bulb (might be an h4 but whatever) instead of the US turn signal style bulbs. EXTREMLY pricy. I have seen some go as high as 450. jdmdelsol.com is the big EDM/JDM sol importer. Extremly expensive, but from what he has said he's not making much. All products are new....

As for the latches, make sure that the cables are in proper condition. For the trunk, you may have to unscrew the trunk bumpers (little rubber pads on the inside of the trunk panel.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks !

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Knightmare69 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Try to use the space bar sometime too. </TD></TR></TABLE>

What??? I'm pretty sure I used the spacebar. IfIdidn'titwouldlooklikethis.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:11 PM

Mugen DID make one for the sol back in the day, but since then it has been discontenuied. I belive that Buddy club makes a "copy" of the mugen, but I am not sure, IMO, body kits are gay. Cost, not fitting right, going out of style in 3 weeks, shitty quality/constrution/material just isn't worth my time.

Hondavision.com is the home for Teamsol.com, and so far it is the biggest sol forum that I have found so far, howere, defently isn't even compair tech wise compared to HT.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I bet nobody can answer half these questions! (DjGuamstyles)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DjGuamstyles &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">7. How can I fix the fuel door so it opens when I pull the latch?
Did U check the cable taughtness from the lid end? How do you get it open now?

I haven't seen a Del Sol that has an interior trunk release, but ever try wiring up a solenoid to it, like with an alarm?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I get the fuel door open now by pulling the latch with my left arm and prying the door open with my right lol. I think the interior trunk release was added in 1995 models. I guess a solenoid will work.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just pop out your interior trunk panels, and that'll probably let you see what the cable is doing.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I bet nobody can answer half these questions! (DjGuamstyles)

lol Thanks I didn't even think of that
Old 08-02-2004, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

1. In USDM Models nothing. In JDM or EDM Models they are used for accessory switches such lower bumper foglights and/or options like bumper pole.

2. This is a very broad question. To be generalized, no. However every company that make a Strut bar has a target whether it be Street or Track applications. My advice would be to compare Price and the product or companies reliability. Never buy something just because someone else has it.

3. The USDM and JDM Aux Light are the same. The EDM Aux lights are the one that are different. They are made of glass and use a H4 bulb.

4. I wouldn't use the integra electric antenna mass. Honda actually made one for the Del Sol. Some dealerships carry this part. Also I've seen them on Ebay.

5. JHPUSA.com or JDMPRO (JDMPRO.NET).

6. For most cars no. After-market kit bumpers are usually make from a mold using the stock bumper cover. However depending on the quality and the fit of the bumper sometimes removing the support is necessary. Although I believe this is very rare.

7. All USDM Del Sol have a pull latch for the gas tank. If the latch pull handle is not working, then you need to replace this cable.

8. You need to use the trunk latch actuator from a 96 or 97 Del Sol, pull cable, and latch handle to do this conversion. You will also need to clamp this cable line down after everything is installed.

9. You can put turbo on anything you want. But in order to get a forced induction motors to run right you need to lower your compression. This will maximize and better manage the turbo's added HP.

These questions weren't hard.

94 Del Sol Si
97 Del Sol DOHC Transtop (Del Sizzle)

Old 08-02-2004, 10:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jorsher)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jorsher &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thanks !

What??? I'm pretty sure I used the spacebar. IfIdidn'titwouldlooklikethis.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL, I meant in between the questions
Old 08-03-2004, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Knightmare69)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Knightmare69 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

LOL, I meant in between the questions</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think that's more commonly called the return key :-P

Thanks for the answers.