Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I am THE luckiest man ALIVE * car theft attempt *

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 03:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am THE luckiest man ALIVE * car theft attempt *

i am SOOOO PISSED OFF! ******* THIEVES!!!! whenever i read a thread about thieves, i always gave them my condolences, because that **** sucks. BUT NOW I KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE! and when you love your car that much, it ******* makes you sooo MAD! i was pissed off. now i can see why someone would want to use a gun!

--the story-

i was at my friends house with my brother and his gf. we just rented movies to watch, and as soon as we finish the first movie ( 2 AM ) my brother debates whether or not he wants to go home. and finally he says screw it, because his gf keeps bitching. and so we say our goodbyes, and when they walk out the door, they come running in the front door 10 seconds later yelling " DEREK gET THE **** OUT HERE, SOMEONE IS TRYING TO STEAL YOUR CAR" my ******* heart drops. so i jet for the door, and this old school 4 door red sentra is taking off. at first i was DEVASTATED! but then i look at the damage. no broken windows, no body damage, nothing taken. and then i look inside to find my alpine deck was stolen and i felt pretty happy, because i thought they were just after my stereo. and then i attempt to put my key in my ignition r kelly style, ( joke ) and i find there is a little tool inside my ignition. i was just like. OMFG! if my brother hadnt decided to leave when he did, my car would have been GONE!

the car was a 4 door red sentra, old school sentra. and that was all that could be identified. there were 4 asian guys laughing during the whole process. i wanted to ******* shoot them in the face.

*cliff notes*
watching movies at friends house
brother decides to leave at 2 am
brother catches theives attempting to steal my car
thieves run.
minimal damage, cd player stolen
if my bro hadnt went out the second he did, my car would have been gone

i feel so unsafe now. this is the worst feeling ever. the only place i want my car is in my garage now. my car has been raped.

all in all, im glad the theives could appreciate a work of art, and they didnt break my windows or mess with anything else.

Modified by JUN EK9 at 6:34 AM 8/14/2003
Old 08-13-2003, 03:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I'm glad you caught them in the act! I can't imagine having my car stolen...I'd probably puke...
Old 08-13-2003, 03:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DevinW)

i would think anyone who's had their car broken into/stolen would know what im talking about when i say you just get an uncontrollable rage. i wanted to run them over. ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU CATCH THEM IN THE ACT! when i first saw them, i thought of typer2khatch's story. and i was hoping we could catch em n call the cops. but that wasnt the case.
Old 08-13-2003, 03:51 AM

I'm pissed, and my car only got egged. I can only imagine how pissed you are.
definitely do the kill switch thig, but you might also consider re-routing your hood cable (if you haven't already done so). Just in case the next thief wants engine parts and not stereo stuff. Good Luck and F%CK THIEVES AND/OR VANDALS!!!
Old 08-13-2003, 03:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JUN EK9)

I think seeing them laughing would **** me off even more... !!
Old 08-13-2003, 03:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

san diego is full of little rich ******* punks who do it for the thrills and extra cash.
little bastard wanksters. it ******* pisses me off. SO MUCH
<FONT SIZE="10">F*CK THEIVES</FONT>

EDIT: this is my hatch that was almost stolen, i get mad when people lean on my car. imagine how i feel now.
Old 08-13-2003, 03:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Galvatron)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Galvatron &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm pissed, and my car only got egged. I can only imagine how pissed you are.
definitely do the kill switch thig, but you might also consider re-routing your hood cable (if you haven't already done so). Just in case the next thief wants engine parts and not stereo stuff. Good Luck and F%CK THIEVES AND/OR VANDALS!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

my hood popper is broken. so its really hard to pop the hood as is. ( the little pieces w/ the picture of the popped hood is broken off )

im thinking about a CF hood w/ hood locks.
Old 08-13-2003, 04:18 AM

You should repair your interior release. The part is only like $20, and while you're installing it, you can re-route it at the same time. If you have the locks on the outside, someone could still pick/damage it. There is a write-up on here somewhere for the way to re-route it.
just my .02
Old 08-13-2003, 05:25 AM

Default Re: I am THE luckiest man ALIVE * car theft attempt * (JUN EK9)

Dude, I'm the luckiest man when it comes to breakins... mine was broken into (busted window) and they stole absolutely nothing! Went through the glove box, forgot the radar detector, hundreds of cd's, subs, audio equipment, etc, etc...
Old 08-13-2003, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I am THE luckiest man ALIVE * car theft attempt * (PupaScoopa)

Ican definitely relate to the feeling of anger and paranoia. I'm afraid for my car every time i park somewhere. At night it's hard to go to sleep because I just lie there listening for the slightest noise, or my alarm chirping. My advice is to get an alarm and install multiple kill switches. Make sure you get an alarm whose starter kill circuit rests normally open. That is the only thing that saved my car, because the thieves cut the wires to the alarm siren and ripped the wiring out, but were still not able to start the car because when they cut power to the brain, the starter circuit was still open and it couldn't be started. They stole about $7,000 worth of parts off of my car, but didn't get the car and caused $1400 worth of damage to the steering column trying to start it.

Sorry for the long winded post, but that could mean the difference between having stuff stolen off your car and having the whole thing gone
Old 08-13-2003, 05:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry to hear that some people tried to break into your ride man. That really sucks, and I think that I should get an alarm installed too. I wish that no-one had to worrie about thieves, but that is just the way life is... Shity man!! ;}
Old 08-13-2003, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JUN EK9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">"DEREK gET THE **** OUT HERE, SOMEONE IS TRYING TO STEAL YOUR CAR" </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ever watch American History X?
Old 08-13-2003, 06:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

there's no need to post all your layers of security... you should take that out before an HT troll finds out what you're installing.
Old 08-13-2003, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mugen76)

damn, glad your car came away with no damage.
Old 08-13-2003, 07:20 AM

Default Re: (slvrcivic97)

Man you should thank your brother's bitchy girlfriend ... kidding

These theives are getting out of control. Well thank god your car came away with only minor damage. I wish we could all get some anti-theft devices like in Robocob II. That would fix them.
Old 08-13-2003, 07:27 AM

i'ved had my cars egged more than one occasion, window shattered recently and EK stolen twice. i know what your going through. I hate thieves more than anything. don't let them get the best of you, and it's great your modding up on your security system on your car!
Old 08-13-2003, 07:27 AM

Default Re: I am THE luckiest man ALIVE * car theft attempt * (JMU1337)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JMU1337 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ever watch American History X? </TD></TR></TABLE>

one of the best videos ever, **** racism!!!
Old 08-13-2003, 07:30 AM

dude thats good they did'nt take it, my eg with b16 and jackson supercharger got stolen, about a year ago, i had an alarm , and "THE CLUB", over do it with the security devices, you have to. i am still in great depression over the loss and often wonder were my baby is.........(obviosly not in one piece)
Old 08-13-2003, 07:33 AM

"Ican definitely relate to the feeling of anger and paranoia. I'm afraid for my car every time i park somewhere. At night it's hard to go to sleep because I just lie there listening for the slightest noise"

dude, i totally feel you on this one.
Old 08-13-2003, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wow, beautiful hatch jun ek9. glad to hear it was only your deck and nothing more.
Old 08-13-2003, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

that was a close one!!! better keep a close eye on her from now on...
Old 08-13-2003, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn bro you are a lucky man...thank goodness nothing happend to your ride...

I on the other hand havent been so lucky...

Back in the day when i had a full stereo i had it all stolen....and windo broken...

More recently like 5 years later Wifes car was stolen in front of our house..toyta corolla

Then just recently someone busted two windows in our brand new Pilot.(they were trying to steal it) the bad thing is we didnt have glass coverage...
Old 08-13-2003, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I am THE luckiest man ALIVE * car theft attempt * (acydphryck)

man im glad i live in missouri, last vehicle stolen in my town was like 1993 and it was sum P.O.S., and for American Hist0ry X, great movie specially the curb check!!
Old 08-13-2003, 08:35 AM

Default Re: (TheRedSkoolingBus)

Dam, I would of skunk up on them, and busted a cap in there ***, **** Car thvies
Old 08-13-2003, 08:45 AM

Default Re: (Quad-Damge)

Someone needs a .45

Thank god my car is watched carefully and everyone knows my cousin. No one will go after my car. The car is always in a garage underneath his window. He isn't a heavy sleeper either. I think having a cousin that is a criminal is a good thing. It pays off.

Sorry to hear that man. I am glad it didn't disappear. I would hate it if mine did. Mine looks something like yours but black on rota slips and fogs.

Quick Reply: I am THE luckiest man ALIVE * car theft attempt *