Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I am kinda Stuck on a Decision. Engine Swap or Keep it Stock and FI

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 06:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am kinda Stuck on a Decision. Engine Swap or Keep it Stock and FI

The Situation is like this. I have a Civic Coupe and I have done lots of work to swap in a GSR engine (including buying the engine) I recently Bought a TEG and I figured that it would be senseless to have two virtually identical cars. I was thinking to sell the Civic, but I'm attached. I was thinking to go a different route with that car Maybe JRSC for a SOHC, NOS, or SOHC Turbo.

I know NOS is the Cheapest route to go, but the Stock engine has 140k miles on it and I know I'd quickly bore with a 50 shot. So maybe I am leaning more towards a SC if I stay with the Stock engine. If I go that route I have to sell the GSR engine and deal with that hassel. Looking for those of you who have used or have experience with the JRSC for SOHC engine How does it compare with a Stock or Slightly Modded GSR engine (I/H/E are a given)

Thanks
Old 06-17-2003, 07:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I am kinda Stuck on a Decision. Engine Swap or Keep it Stock and FI (Spoond TEG)

how bout GSR turbo in the coupe
Old 06-17-2003, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I am kinda Stuck on a Decision. Engine Swap or Keep it Stock and FI (silverEH2)

so basically your saying that u ahve already swapped in a gsr motor into your civic coupe and you would actually rather take it back out and put the sngel cam back in and either FI it or NOS it? thats not practical, i mena correct me of im wrong but the way u described it is that u worked really hard to swap a gsr motor into the civic already? hmmmm soudns weird to me if u already have a gsr motor in it then why would u ask if u should do a swap into the civic?
Old 06-17-2003, 09:11 AM

Default Re: I am kinda Stuck on a Decision. Engine Swap or Keep it Stock and FI (Spoond TEG)

= trial users who don't search!!!!!!!!!
Oh yeah, gsr turbo
Old 06-17-2003, 10:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I am kinda Stuck on a Decision. Engine Swap or Keep it Stock and FI (Nyc y0!!!)

Ditch ur stock engine and scrap the supercharger idea. Swap in the gsr and save for n/a or fi, watever floats ur boat. You'll have to rebuild the one you have now due to the high mileage to be safe for boost. Granted a turbo on a ex engine will hit 14's, its all up to you. In my case, im swapping out the z6 and stickin in the gsr. More fun .
Old 06-17-2003, 11:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your thread is confusing.

Just boost the coupe and ditch the heavier TEG.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I am kinda Stuck on a Decision. Engine Swap or Keep it Stock and FI (bad93ex)

yea this thread is confusing i dont even understand is he has a gsr motor or not. he saiod he has one in his car then he says should he do a swap or FI his sohc, which is it?
Old 06-17-2003, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so you want to take out the GSR from the civic and use that money to buy a SC for the SOHC that originally came with the civic? I would say just leave the gsr in the civic and save for turbo. Use your teg as a daily driver.

Old 06-17-2003, 12:30 PM

Default Re: I am kinda Stuck on a Decision. Engine Swap or Keep it Stock and FI (Dominican_Kid)

Sell the Civic with the GSR engine and turbocharge the Integra
Old 06-17-2003, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I am kinda Stuck on a Decision. Engine Swap or Keep it Stock and FI (Dominican_Kid)

I plan to turbo my GSR / hatch one day soon

nuff' said
Old 06-18-2003, 07:06 PM

Default Re: I am kinda Stuck on a Decision. Engine Swap or Keep it Stock and FI (nextelbuddy)

Sorry for the Confusion. No I haven't put the GSR Engine in the Car yet. My Coupe is an automatic EX and I have done the pedal assy swap and installed the Clutch master Cylinder and resivor. I have purchased the Tranny bracket. So basically when I remove the engine all I need to do is lay in the Hard Line and drop in the GSR engine.

Basically Before I finished my Project Car I ended up buying a TEG. I love the teg too so I wanted to keep both Cars. As for the Civic I was thinking of selling the GSR engine swap and FI on the SOHC. Did this clear things up some? Sorry there is nothing in the search for my question.
Sure I know the GSR has more potential than the SOHC but I was thinkng just to try something different. I will swap in a Manual tranny so no need to suggest that.