Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

hydrolic clutch line and lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2002, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hydraulic clutch line and lowering springs

i've got a couple of questions, first my clutch line is clogged, after it wouldn't bleed i tried to blow it out with an air hose, no go, i noticed a small cylinder bolted to the firewall, what is it? i think thats where my clog is. is it a filter or what. also i just got some coilovers the front ones came out pretty easily but the rears wouldn't, i got the nuts off but the bushings just ripped when i tried to drive them out, the middle was stuck to the bolt and stopped it from coming out. im probably going to have to melt it off with a torch, but is there any other way to do it? also can i just buy those bushing, or do i need to buy a whole set? thanks in advance

[Modified by lukedogg49525, 6:10 PM 6/11/2002]
Old 06-12-2002, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: hydraulic clutch line and lowering springs (lukedogg49525)

Now I cannot answer the clutch question but,

You can purchase bushing for the car to replace all of the rubber with polyurethane. most people have had to torch out bushings in the past. and you will need a hydrolic press to put in the new ones more likely than not.

http://store.summitracing.com/produc...earchtype=ecat

[Modified by Spade, 11:59 AM 6/12/2002]
Old 06-12-2002, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: hydraulic clutch line and lowering springs (Spade)

Ha Ha

Laughing because you came into H-T acting like a ******** and you need help....ha ha newb
Old 06-12-2002, 11:00 AM

Default Re: hydraulic clutch line and lowering springs (Spade)

thank you, thats what i figured, any ideas on the clutch or what the thing bolted to the firewall is, i still haven't broke down an bought a digital camera so i don't have any pics, but im assuming all hydro clutch hondas have it. any ideas what it is or if its causing my problem. i bought a pos $20 manual from autozone and it sucks, it didn't even have the wire order for the distributer, i had to figure it out by looking at someones else' car
Old 06-12-2002, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Not a good clutch guy.....probably want to post the whole thing over again with a detaile title line.

"Clutch line is clogged how do I replace it?" Or "Cluch lines and cyclinder questions!"
Old 06-12-2002, 11:07 AM
dAng!

k, if you have a hydro clutch setup. the cylinder on the firewall is the clutch master cylinder. if you follow the lines to the front side of the block, next to the header, you'll find the clutch slave cylinder. if you're going to replace one, replace the other at the same time. (trust me on this one)

once you remove the cylinders, you can take an air hose and try to blow out the lines to take care of any building up or clogging of the line. course, once you replace the cylinders, have fun bleeding the system.

to remove the clutch master cylinder, you'll have to get under the dash and remove the pin from the clutch pedal and also the two nuts holding the cylinder to the firewall. under the hood, you'll have to remove the clutch line and resevoir.

the slave cylinder is easy to remove, just undo the bolts holding it on and you'll get the idea.
Old 06-12-2002, 11:12 AM

All some people care about here is if Rota rims would look good on a "X" car....

Your clutch pedal: When you put fluid in there and pump the pedal and a bleed it at slave cylinder on the tranny housing does it not let out the fluid or ??? To pump all the air out of the lines you have to pump the pedal a lot.
Old 06-12-2002, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hydraulic clutch line and lowering springs (vivid02)

Raise your lowering springs up then bleed clutch. after you have blead the clutch you can then lower your springs again.

You can't do both at the same time everyone knows that.
Old 06-12-2002, 11:50 AM

Default Re: hydraulic clutch line and lowering springs (Black Light)

sorry im not being specific enough. i thought it was the master cylinder, because no fluid was draining out of the resevior when i tried to bleed it. so i pulled it out and it worked fine. between the master and the slave(the part on the tranny), there is a little cylinder shaped object bolted to the firewall towards the passenger sode of the car. so the line goes from the master to this thing then another line goes to the slave on the tranny. i wish i had a gd camera to show you exactly what im talking about. i pulled the bleeder valve and the master cylinder out completely and tried to blow air through it and it wouldn't go. im thinking about snipping the whole thing out and running some braided line, but im not sure what the thing bolted to the firewall is and if i need it or not. sorry this is so long but i want to be specific.
Old 06-12-2002, 01:13 PM
dAng!

i saw what you were referring to on the firewall. it seems like its just a junction between the two lines. you can remove the two lines and make sure nothing is clogged up inside the junction. it will also make it easier for you to determine where the blockage is located.

also, if you have not done so already, check the line from the master to the slave thoroughly for any damage or kinks.