Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

http://www.prodockshipping.com

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 05:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default http://www.prodockshipping.com

hi guys, wondering if you've heard of prodockshipping before.

i'm from Aus, this company seems pretty big in the US, really need to know if this company actually exists or not.

thanks guys.
Old 04-17-2005, 05:41 AM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Default Re: http://www.prodockshipping.com (hotboxcivic)

I've never heard of it.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: http://www.prodockshipping.com (JDM-EJ1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-EJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've never heard of it.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-17-2005, 09:55 AM

what they said
Old 04-17-2005, 07:36 PM

Default Re: http://www.prodockshipping.com (h22_cx_hatch)

New Jersey, Illinois, Kentucky, Minnesota, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas.

These are the locations in the States this "company" has, anyone from around there?

the spill is that i'm planning to buy a DC2 Type-R, but the car itself is in Europe. it's an AUSDM Type-R, so there's no worry about compliancing. the guy that i'm buying it off is using this company to air-freight the car to my doorstep, so i just pay him the cost of the car, all shipping is paid for.

i just need to pay him a percentage of deposit while the car is airborne and the rest after i inspect the car and i'm happy with it. i'm a little worried that i send him the deposit and there's no car.

btw, can someone repost this thread or something in a more appropiate location or drop a link? i can't because i'm a trial user..

thanks.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:28 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hotboxcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">New Jersey, Illinois, Kentucky, Minnesota, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas.

These are the locations in the States this "company" has, anyone from around there?

the spill is that i'm planning to buy a DC2 Type-R, but the car itself is in Europe. it's an AUSDM Type-R, so there's no worry about compliancing. the guy that i'm buying it off is using this company to air-freight the car to my doorstep, so i just pay him the cost of the car, all shipping is paid for.

i just need to pay him a percentage of deposit while the car is airborne and the rest after i inspect the car and i'm happy with it. i'm a little worried that i send him the deposit and there's no car.

btw, can someone repost this thread or something in a more appropiate location or drop a link? i can't because i'm a trial user..

thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm in South Carolina and just moved from Georgia...... never heard of em.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: http://www.prodockshipping.com (grlracer97)

never ever heard of them
Old 04-17-2005, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm in Alabama and lived in Georgia. Never heard of them. You might wanna try looking around in the USA Better Business Bureau or contacting someone there to see if they've heard about the company. Don't send money until you're positive you'll get what you pay for.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:07 PM

Default Re: (Jorsher)

http://www.prodockshipping.com/docking.html

It appears this shipping company deals mostly outta Florida in the US with the exception of a few scattered cities but I would be sketchy about they guy accepting your money. If you plan on going through with the deal and purchasing the car, make sure you pay using a method, such as a credit card with fraud protection, to pay him with. That way if he screws you you can get your money back. Good luck
Old 04-18-2005, 02:58 AM

thanks for the reply guys, the company has an "escrow" service. it's on the main page of the web-site. i think it's something like i give the deposit to the company, if i like the car they transfer the deposit to the guy.

sorry grlracer97, i'm not that great with CC, what do you mean fraud protection? as in how does it secure my refund?

thanks.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, I think you'd be safe with escrow. If I remember correctly they hold the money until you get the engine or something.

Most credit card's have fraud protection but I think it only protects you if your card is stolen...not if you get ripped off lol.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:02 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

never heard of it
Old 04-18-2005, 04:23 AM

Default Re: (hotboxcivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hotboxcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks for the reply guys, the company has an "escrow" service. it's on the main page of the web-site. i think it's something like i give the deposit to the company, if i like the car they transfer the deposit to the guy.

sorry grlracer97, i'm not that great with CC, what do you mean fraud protection? as in how does it secure my refund?

thanks.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

The CC fraud protection is a service with Visa cards (maybe others) that protects you in case any fraudulent transactions occur. For instance, my Citi Bank card will refund any transaction that is not authorized or doesn't produce goods as purchased. So it protects if your card is stolen or if someone tries to sell you something that they dont follow through on, known as theft by deception. If CC companies didn't offer this type of protection, everyone would be getting ripped off. Bank cards are similar however that is money debited out of your account instantly so if they take your money and run you see the effects sooner. With a CC they will tend to hold off and investigate the charge. With both it can take anywhere from 30-90 days to get the refund. Hope that helps.

However, the escrow is a safe way to go. I think there is usually a small fee for this service but when your buying something of higher value, its worth it. Good luck.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure fraud protection only covers things like people using your card that isn't allowed. I don't think it covers you using your card and getting ripped off.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:10 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jorsher &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure fraud protection only covers things like people using your card that isn't allowed. I don't think it covers you using your card and getting ripped off.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Not true! Many cards will give you your money right back if you the company does not deliver any products or even if there not as described. Then the CC company just does not pay the company that ran the card. Of course if the company can prove they sent you the item then you are SOL.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:07 AM

very interesting.. thanks a sh*t load for that guys. it's a great help, so the best thing to do would be to use the escrow service & pay be CC?

don't know if this would add to suspicion, but it's for a $9,999.00 2000 Integra Type-R. long story cut short, guy bought it in AUS wanted to take it back to Slovika and register it there, takes it to Europe, taxes too high, can't afford to pay taxes, hence re-selling the car back to AUS.

real sus thing is that he's air-freighting it, which means big $$$ if he can't afford the taxes in Europe how can he pay for air-freight??
Old 04-18-2005, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ummm, $10k for a 2000 DC5? Sounds a little fishy to me man. But then again I thought escrow you are safe. Just be careful...
Old 04-18-2005, 08:17 AM

Look into the Escrow services, Even though it might sound safe, try to see if he will let you use a company you can rfer to him, there are alot of escrow company outhere some good some bad. ask which one he will use and look into further into it. Ive hard of bogus escrow companies that the seller makes one up.

look into escrow fruad in google and u will see the results !!!

and BTW never heard of them
Old 04-18-2005, 04:15 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jorsher &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure fraud protection only covers things like people using your card that isn't allowed. I don't think it covers you using your card and getting ripped off.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well I'm speaking from experience and yes I got my charge removed from my CC because I never received what I bought. Guy was a scam artist. All cards might not be like this but I only get the ones that do.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by White Smoke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Not true! Many cards will give you your money right back if you the company does not deliver any products or even if there not as described. Then the CC company just does not pay the company that ran the card. Of course if the company can prove they sent you the item then you are SOL.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:04 AM

thanks for that El_buster, i has a quick search of fraud and it's spooking me out..

i don't know where i can find a reliable escrow provider.. any suggestions?
Old 04-19-2005, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hotboxcivic)

Escrow can be safe, but I wouldn't use theirs, especially if it's through / with the shipping company. Ask if they'll let you use your own independent escrow. If they balk, you know its' a scam.

Also, why are they using a US shipping company to send a car from EU to AUS?